Brawlers Guild Rank 8 - Hexos

90 Human Warrior
NDZ
Ok so after finally downing the mega cheat dark summoner which needs some attention because that fight is far to luck base

Plus the equally irritating battletron which also needs some attention because as a warrior that thing is to heavily armoured and my damage gets mitigated to much I don't seem to be able to put out more than about 60k on that thing which is a joke if I was any other class with the sort of gear I have I'd be hitting that thing with at least 80 to 90k I should have been able to meet the dps requirements for that boss easily with what I have and the very fact I was able to make it at all is probably down to pure luck I quiet literally made it with about a 10th of a second to spare players shouldn't have to be in heroic gear to be able to do enough dps to beat that one that’s just stupid

please fix both of these encounters. Anyway I digress

So I finally made it to rank 8 only to be confronted with a boss that is so ridiculously difficult that its a wonder anyone has been able to complete it, challenge I can do, but this ? it’s simply not possible

Seriously you need to remove the Hexos encounter or tone it way down because the difficulty is completely off the charts it’s just to fast and to difficult how you are expecting anyone who's not superman with reflexes as fast as a computer to complete that is beyond me.

Answer me this how is this supposed to be possible for someone like me ? that uses a mouse for both turning and clicking on my abilities ?

as a clicker that uses a mouse for both turning and clicking my attacks this fight is simply not possible I cant turn and dps at the same time if I turn I can’t execute my rotation so I run out of time.

which at this point is largely academic since I can’t actually make it past the first turn before I get instantly killed and no that’s not a joke or an exaggeration I don't get past the first turn before I get killed. I've had about a dozen attempts at this so far and every one has ended within the first 2 seconds before I get past the first turn.

clearly given the number of players I've see attempt and fail this encounter I'm not the only one having issue with this encounter .
Reply Quote
44 Blood Elf Rogue
16/06/2013 19:54Posted by Bethrezen
as a clicker

Well, there's your problem.
Reply Quote
95 Human Warrior
Plus the equally irritating battletron which also needs some attention because as a warrior that thing is to heavily armoured and my damage gets mitigated to much I don't seem to be able to put out more than about 60k on that thing which is a joke if I was any other class with the sort of gear I have I'd be hitting that thing with at least 80 to 90k I should have been able to meet the dps requirements for that boss easily with what I have and the very fact I was able to make it at all is probably down to pure luck I quiet literally made it with about a 10th of a second to spare players shouldn't have to be in heroic gear to be able to do enough dps to beat that one that’s just stupid

I was at 515 ilvl when I downed him in 3rd attempt with 91k dps.

16/06/2013 20:06Posted by Nahtaivel
as a clicker

And also this. I can't imagine dpsing as a clicker, I'd prolly do even worse than you if I was clicking.
Reply Quote
12 Tauren Warrior
clicker
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Ok so after finally downing the mega cheat dark summoner which needs some attention because that fight is far to luck base

I defeated him on my first ever go...

as a clicker that uses a mouse for both turning and clicking my attacks this fight is simply not possible I cant turn and dps at the same time if I turn I can’t execute my rotation so I run out of time.

Brawler's Guild bosses are supposed to test you to the extreme. When you know there is something you can do to improve your gameplay- in this case keybinding your skills- you should do so, or stop complaining about not being able to do something.

I too am stuck at Hexos, but rather than complain I just realise I have to get better.

I will say though, I do think he's at the wrong spot. It was mainly a breeze ranks 1-7. I didn't really struggle on them at all. And then suddenly you meet this brick wall lol.
Edited by Máz on 16/06/2013 21:45 BST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I admit I had huge problem with Hexos too but I took my tons of wips and learned how to progress the fight even better. He is indeed hard but doable. And it is rank 8, third last rank so the fights should be harder. Try a different setup if you are stuck? Other talents/spec? Flas+feast to improve DPS and so on.

After a lot of wipes from the lazer labyrinth I checked my talents and found Cauterize very useful, then I had a "second chance" if I failed once with lazer labyrinth. Funny I didnt see that from start. So I think you can just try, try, and try again and progress the fight. Its tough but again doable.

Peoples also call this "The Skillcheck encounter", if u cant pass Hexos u have nothing to do on further brawls. Not that I agree ( theres easier ones at rank 8 than Hexos...) but it sure do requires a working brain + proper gear.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
As a feral, Battletron is my personal nightmare. I've been able to beat practically all bosses with little trouble. Anyway, here's the conundrum.

To beat Battletron, you need optimum DPS.
To achieve optimum DPS, I need to Shred.
I cannot Shred.

I've consistently got him down to 700k for the past few attempts. I know I personally have the skill to do it, all I need is that extra damage from Shred and he's going down. :l
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
If you are used to clicking, your best shot would be a castsequence macro, that way you can keep spamming 1 button and focus only on the maze (the patterns repeat themselves, and after you've learned them all, it becomes easier and easier to dodge them)

I see you've got the LFR 2h axe from Lei Shen, I'd strongly suggest doing this boss with Arms spec (it's impossible to /castsequence Fury, not that it works great for Arms either sadly).

Could try something like this

Keyboard button 1 macro:
/cast Avatar
/cast Skull Banner
/cast Recklessness
/use Potion of Brawler's Might
/cast Dragon Roar

Keyboard button 2 macro:

/castsequence Mortal Strike, Colossus Smash, Overpower, Overpower, Mortal Strike, Slam, Overpower, Overpower, Mortal Strike, Slam, Overpower, Overpower, Mortal Strike, Overpower, Overpower, Slam

And Colossus Smash separately on button 3, and Execute on button 4 for example. This would mainly be for Execute phase.

It's not pretty and I'm not really a macro guru, not sure this would even produce enough dps to get the boss down in your current gear. But at least it allows you to focus on the maze while doing some crude damage with button 2 only. Then press button 1 when you are getting close to Execute range (since the fight is over before Reck comes off cooldown again, you want to save it for below 20%). you might wish to refine and get comfortable with a set of macros on a target dummy for a while, until you're satisfied enough with the dps to try it on Hexos.

@ instalock

I'm not sure why you are coming in here to fling poop at OP. yeah, it's pretty easy with full normal ToT gear. But way to go being a b*tch about it and not helping him at all, absolutely useless and hateful comment.
Edited by Lionlegs on 17/06/2013 00:38 BST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
You clickers who can't hexos.. You do realize that you can learn out of clicking for this fight and then go back to clicking? Bind your stuff and go to the target dummies and practice for god sakes. It's not that hard really. Bind your damaging stuff to like 1-6 and cooldowns to shift+1-6. You don't even need to bind everything, just stuff thats part of your rotation. No point binding defensive stuff since it obviously doesn't help in this fight.

Just practice damn it. If you used the time on binding and practicing your rotation with those binds and learning how to turn with your mouse instead of crying about it in the forums you would most likely be ready for the boss already.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I'm not sure why you are coming in here to fling poop at OP. yeah, it's pretty easy with full normal ToT gear. But way to go being a b*tch about it and not helping him at all, absolutely useless and hateful comment.

gear isn't the issue with this fight and OP has gear where he should be able to mess up his rotation a little. I help people asking for help and not people whose immediate reaction is calling for blizzard to nerf the fight. I fling poop at OP because he wants to ruin a feature that i enjoy purely because he's too bad to do it.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
16/06/2013 20:06Posted by Nahtaivel
as a clicker

Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
First of all, being a clicker is not "bad" as you stated. i'm a clicker and always have been, and i just needed to keybing for that specific boss.

Bethrezen, i feel you're pain, trust me. i spend days in that boss rying to avoid the beams and focusing on a new playstyle. But, you will get the hang of it. Trust me, from a fellow clicker, just kkeybind that bosse's a**.

After that one i didn´t have any problem whatsoever clicker wise. i found the snake easier for me than for a keybinder tbo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You're bad and you should feel bad, the end.

What he lacks in keybinding he wins you in people skills!
Edited by Zulzin on 17/06/2013 02:01 BST
Reply Quote
3 Human Paladin
What he lacks in keybinding he wins you in people skills!

u r winzer meight so stronk u win al of the peolpes
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Clicking is, quite simply, inefficient. Using only one input - the mouse - drastically reduces the amount of things you can do in any given period of time. That's assuming you could click on abilities as fast as someone using a keyboard could use them, which is - though not impossible - difficult.

It becomes impossible when you need to use the mouse to turn constantly for a fight like Hexos.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Combo of Keybinds and Clicking is the best.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]