Celestial Blessing Yu'Lon Frost mage?

90 Blood Elf Mage
I have been watching guides on youtube but i can only See fire Mages/Warlocks Guide in completing this Test.You think its do able as a frost Mage
Edited by Truemode on 27/06/2013 00:06 BST
Reply Quote
maybe, u try out then come bak and telll us ok
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I did it as frost. I didn't read up and I died maybe 3 times before I got it.

I think I'll try the melee version on my second mage to see what that's like. A shadow priest I know did the healing version as disc/atonement, but mages don't have that option.

Mild spoilers...don't read if you don't want any tips on how to do it:

Make sure you read the tooltip on the debuff your opponent has. It was easier to kill the adds rather than try to kite them endlessly. The end was messy, but I got through - it's possible I just brute-forced something that could be avoided with better understanding of the fight mechanics.

Having a healthstone helps. I had just come out of LFR, so I had a fresh one with 3 charges. I used Incanter's Ward instead of Invocation. There's a lot of movement. It seems you can use Greater Invisibility and it doesn't reset the fight - not 100% sure.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
i had a few attempts on this before raiding last night.
Got him to around 10% then had to quit due to raid.
Hopefully will down him tomorrow when i've some time ^_^

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9341434050

Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I did it as frost. I didn't read up and I died maybe 3 times before I got it.

I think I'll try the melee version on my second mage to see what that's like. A shadow priest I know did the healing version as disc/atonement, but mages don't have that option.

Mild spoilers...don't read if you don't want any tips on how to do it:

Make sure you read the tooltip on the debuff your opponent has. It was easier to kill the adds rather than try to kite them endlessly. The end was messy, but I got through - it's possible I just brute-forced something that could be avoided with better understanding of the fight mechanics.

Having a healthstone helps. I had just come out of LFR, so I had a fresh one with 3 charges. I used Incanter's Ward instead of Invocation. There's a lot of movement. It seems you can use Greater Invisibility and it doesn't reset the fight - not 100% sure.
thanks for the help will give it a try
Edited by Truemode on 27/06/2013 13:31 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
as an update, i went back last night and got him on my first attempt. Stood behind him from the start with my elemental infront of him, popped everything including a pre pot, nuked the mofo, nova'd and ring of frosted the adds and other than that i ignored them, moved out of stuff, job done ^_^
Edited by Foxierowan on 29/06/2013 19:00 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
As a Frost mage I would recommend nuking the adds. Since they can get frozen, just Frost Bomd and pet freeze them. Don't mind Wrathion when the adds are up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
im a fire mage il 521 and im having real probs killing the adds , popping all cooldowns at start nuking him but only taking 6-7 mill of him then adds spawn and no cds they kill me !!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
dont understand how pple say just stand behind him when he does lots of floor aoe u have to move out of ,, half floor is covered in fire aswell and adds chasing u ,,, any help or advice much appreciated ,, thank you .
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
i didnt even try to kill the adds, i just either placed ring of frost or nova'd them, and dotted them up.
When he does his channeled cast is the time to get behind him and all out nuke because he stands still for a few seconds and there's nothing to move out of in that time, can't rememeber what it's called.
I started behind him with my pet infront of him to get agro, and pre-potted, then blew all cd's.
The whole thing took about 3-4 minutes and i ended up doing 298k dps on him.
Get the Celestial Offering for that extra little bit of help, try and get some healthstones too.
Edited by Foxierowan on 05/07/2013 18:21 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
How do people even have trouble with this? I can understand dying a couple of times but if you have the gear that you have it's insanely easy.

L2P is the issue here. Oh and if you are a clicker.. well it will be nearly impossible for you.

"But if I use my mouse to turn, how do I click on Rend?"
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I tried about 10 times while killing the adds and I failed miserably. Then I decided to kite them around, cc them and just blast the hell out of Wrathion and I managed to do it in 3 more tries. My ilvl was about 505 and I'm not the greatest player nor do I raid. So any ok raider frost mage should be able to kill him.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Died the first time and got it second time when I flasked and pre-potted and actually shattered the adds that came. Pet freeze + bomb on wrathion and bam, dead adds. You can also save frozen orb for that phase too. Blinked outta his aoe and interrupted him once so he stood there like a doofus taking hits, so I simply nuked him, shattered the adds and he didn't even mirror phase on me. Glyph of evo and hp stones if it seems like you need the healing, glyph of water ele is kinda unneccesary here (albeit mine died for being silly). Deep also works on him, so shatter and stun away when he's doing something. =) Glyphed arcane explosion might work wonders for mirrors if you got threat plates covering everything like mine. :p
Edited by Nereides on 12/07/2013 22:26 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
im a fire mage il 521 and im having real probs killing the adds , popping all cooldowns at start nuking him but only taking 6-7 mill of him then adds spawn and no cds they kill me !!

Pop mage armor on the opener, fully flask whatnot with your AT opener and kill him in one combustion?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I did this on my second go, once i realised he takes an extra 250% damage from behind; i just got my 2 FoF charges and my brain freeze ready, potted, used all my CD's, altered time and deep froze him and unloaded on his back, after that he should only be on around 25% so just burn him down, ring of frost and frozen orb also helps with the adds.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
The way to complete the task is Nuke away at him interupt the ring he casts avoid the other aoe he does. As soon as adds appear go invisible run all the way to the furthest side of balcony. The adds will stay in other room. Fight on the balcony only. When his mirror images come up wait for them to fade healing up on balcony. He will come to you and you can continue fight. I saw adds coming towards me again so popped invisibility again.
This method seems the easiest ..I failed trying to nuke the mother down in 20 secs like some can do.
Reply Quote
maybe, u try out then come bak and telll us ok

I do hope you are not as completely useless as this in all areas of your life.
Reply Quote
I just finished this quest as a fire mage and its easy once you discover the right the rotation.

1) The key is using invisibility as soon as the adds appear. Then run the balcony and stay in the circle. This removes the aggro and they never come back.

**do not follow him when he starts mirror image as this time can be spent using bandages, potions etc**

3) So its simple from then on as you only need to avoid the aoe and dps him. Mirror image for instance will take agro off you that allows you to unleash hell on him. There is also no time limit either, so avoiding aoe and staying in the circle is top priority.

Overall this is no where near as hard as The Thunder Forge solo boss fight was. This quest does NOT need nerfing as its just about technique.
Edited by Dracorius on 27/07/2013 23:47 BST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Lol, just NT everything. L2p.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I just popped a good readiness for pyroblast streak, got behind him, froze him and bursted his !@# off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]