best caster 5.4

90 Human Death Knight
Hey forums I have came here for some advice from the community next patc,h I will be looking to do 3's arena and rbg's with my spriest or ele shaman and I would just like to get the wow communities opinion on which will class would be the strongest/ best to Pick for the next and upcoming patches in pvp (I know it's still early). and/or tell me what they think the best pvp caster class will be in 5.4 will be

Thanks very much for your time and for an answer you may give.
-Rob
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ele shamans (killing stuff in 2gcd now, from 100% to 0%), mages are getting nerfed and locks too as it looks on ptr.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
ele as only caster, time to level the huntard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
time to level the huntard.

Yeah im lvling one, MM looks to be very good in 5.4, Silence Shot as baseline so you can take Wyvern sting -----> Scatter (4 sec), Trap (8 sec), Wyvern Sting (6 sec) on another target in 3v3 . Moar instant CC will help this game !!!
Edited by Inquisítor on 24/06/2013 13:10 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
OKay thanks for the reply and how do ele do in 3's arena if anyone knows?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
24/06/2013 12:58Posted by Inquisítor
time to level the huntard.

Yeah im lvling one, MM looks to be very good in 5.4, Silence Shot as baseline so you can take Wyvern sting -----> Scatter (4 sec), Trap (8 sec), Wyvern Sting (6 sec) on another target in 3v3 . Moar instant CC will help this game !!!

Wyvern sting does share DRs with trap currently. However it still adds a lot of CC if you manage the DR:s well.

For example: Disengage roots -> Trap(8sec) -> Silence(3sec) -> Scatter(4sec) -> Pet lullaby(4sec) -> wait for ~5seconds for DR:s to reset and fire an full lenght Wyvern. Then wait for the DR to resets before retrapping as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Aff lock no doubt!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thought locks were getting a heavy nerf next patch?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thank for replying and how well do ele perform in 3's arena?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Really bad, you should not roll one, same with hunter and disc tbh, bad classes. roll monk.
Edited by Prosít on 24/06/2013 13:58 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Really bad, you should not roll one, same with hunter and disc tbh, bad classes. roll monk.

Kalvinari takes this guys words with wagon of salt xD
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Ahaha okay XD, So it would be better to roll something like a spriest or what other caster would be good for 3's and rbg's?

Thanks for all the advice:D
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
I think you should play what you want and not what's FotM, WoW needs less of your kind.
Reply Quote
I think you should play what you want and not what's FotM, WoW needs less of your kind.

This.

Although the irony of my quoting this is not lost on me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
24/06/2013 13:58Posted by Prosít

hm you really think so WW doesnt look to bad so if you want to perfectly troll something like shadow would be better, wouldn't it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
[quote="77128374729"

Wyvern sting does share DRs with trap currently. However it still adds a lot of CC if you manage the DR:s well. /quote]

thats why he probanbly said on another target.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ele shams and affli locks
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
DK or Ret
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Descent information I'd say. The regular "play the class YOU want" and so on which ofc is the best advice you can get. OP comes and goes with patches more or less. I played since open beta/vanilla on and off with breaks and I can tell you that its more important to find a char you enjoy and is most FUN to you then asking for "what the best pvp class is" like many tend to do. The chance of rerolling will be lesser the more you enjoy playing your class. I rest my case on that, and no this mage isnt really my best geared champ :D

One other thing. You also telling that you want to do Rbgs and even tho some said hunter to you, whom I accually do like alot, I have one myself but I hope in that case that you are a patient guy cause lets face it, hunters isnt really a safe pick when it comes to Rbgs. Sure mages and locks do get some nerfs/fix in 5.4 but imho it has always been mainly locks and mages (maybe 1 boomkin) setups for that, followed by 1 tank, 3 healers and some few melee. 1 rogue for their aoe stealth. I forgot to mention ele shammys.

However in 5.4 who knows, hunters may become more attractive for Rbgs. Only time will tell. I wish you best of luck and hope you will make the right choice for yourself and have as much fun as possible (before you might reroll again if you aint having it) ^^
Edited by Xinora on 28/06/2013 06:37 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Tbh I'm having trouble deciding between (gearing up) my mage, go for lock or wait and see when PTR is over to see if hunters accually will get 1 spot in Rbgs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]