how do you beat a ret paladin?

I know that my gear needs improvement.

Having said that i find it near impossible to kill a certain type of ret pally.

He starts by kiting me until i am at 75% HP then bubbles, stuns and bursts me before i even have time to react.

ToK won't work because bubble kills it
Even if i do FSK eventually he will catch up and finish me off or i willget outside duelling area.
Freedom keeps him immune to my snares.

The burst i understand but being immune to dmg while bursting like that is just a bit too much...

any hints?
Reply Quote
Maybe use the Dampen Harm talent for his stun? Nimble Brew? drop a transcend, FSK, if he gets to you tele back and kite some more whilst dropping spheres
Reply Quote
99 Night Elf Monk
Spec into Healing Elixers. Trust me, this thing helps a lot. I used to look down at it, but lately, it's been saving my butt so often.
Paralyze is also your friend. If he freedoms, try and land a Paralysis from behind and wait for the freedom to wear off before snaring him.
Disarm or ToK when he wings. Never trinket Disorientating Light. Ever.
All I can think of really.
Reply Quote
Spec into Healing Elixers. Trust me, this thing helps a lot. I used to look down at it, but lately, it's been saving my butt so often.
Paralyze is also your friend. If he freedoms, try and land a Paralysis from behind and wait for the freedom to wear off before snaring him.
Disarm or ToK when he wings. Never trinket Disorientating Light. Ever.
All I can think of really.

The issue is that he wings+bubbles at the same time
Reply Quote
You manage to question that but when I give you sound advice you A) Ignore it, B) Don't understand it or C) Don't have any courtesy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Can you say what situation this is in? BG 1v1, wpvp (lol) or duels?
Reply Quote
They mostly rely on burst to kill you and their whole kite and kill thing with freedom is very annoying AND a good ret is indeed a pain in the !@#.
But for me they are quite easy to kill when you understand them.
First of all HE helps a lot giving good self heals and good constant dps ( I like to use TeB to heal in duels, and 2 dps 2v2 usually) and this should help you surviving. When they burst disarm them and if they trinket (if they do not they loose a big chunk of it) you can stun them or para them, when they bubble roll away and tigers lust until the bubble is down then go back on him. To catch up a kiting ret use para then FoF when you reach him (only the first tick to get off the stun the place at least a RSK and a BoK). If you get low karma and energizing brew use expel harm, chi wave (that should be use always on cool down) and use the Healing Spheres until you feel comfortable with you health. Use your trinket at the beginning of the fight and your TeB and Xuen after bubble, interrupt his heals and you should be good. Hope I've helped :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]