legendary quest celestial blessings

heya i got my 12th titan runestone today and finished the legendary quest to loot the thunder king his heart now i am on the quest celestial blessings ofc i got all 4 blessings but i cant manage to get past the ranged dps challenge :P i have tryed many things already to get past that challenge like changing glyphs or talents and so on but still i cant make it my main problem is the slimes that get spawned :P

now what i wanted to ask is there any shadow priest that has done the ranged dps challenge to have some advise for me as a shadow priest or any other advise from peeps is welcome also :)
Edited by Sintia on 03/07/2013 20:47 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My first tip is to gem as much haste as possible and reforge to mastery after haste. That will improve your dps a lot for one thing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I can't speak for the dps challenge, but I would suggest giving the healing one a try as it is quite easy.

There's a thread on mmo-champ on the subject though, maybe you can find some useful information from it:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1309548-Celestial-Blessings-Challenge-for-600-cloak
Reply Quote
i have tryed the healing challange fuhus but i wont make that also cuz i dont have any healing gear my offspec whas pvp shadow so i have to figure out a way to do the dps challenge mode cuz i am not really in the mood to farm lfr and valor points again for healing gear and normal tot i dont do much cuz my server is dead so takes while before you get the gear xD

but blizz knowing if i cant get past the ranged dps challenge it will get nerved in patch 5.4 like they did with older legendary quests :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Thats the thing, the healing challenge is so simple you really don't need much (if any) healing gear at all.
Simply spec disc, set focus on wrathion and rotate between dpsing DW and keeping yourself+wrathion alive. (Atonement seems to not work on wrathion, did not work for me anyway).

When you are in "mana" danger simply swap to something less agressive and focus on keeping wrathion up.
All in all it's quite easy.
Reply Quote
so lets say if i go disc and i reforge and gem and enchant my dps gear to healing i should be able to have a chance on the healing challenge? :)
Edited by Sintia on 04/07/2013 11:29 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
so lets say if i go disc and i reforge and gem and enchant my dps gear to healing i should be able to have a chance on the healing challenge? :)

Easy, but the gemming would be overkill ;)
Just get proper talents and manage your mana a bit.
It should be easy enough.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I found the adds to much to handle really, I ended up fearing them, I guess void tendrils might be a better choice then psyfiend wich i used tho, and for the 1k hp adds i specced holy nova to get down quick. Then just keep running around in the end fearing and dotting and using procs to kill him with :P

Cant remember if i used shadowfiend + fade to tank them, but If it works which i assume it does as it works on everything maybe mindbender is a good choice to use to to tank them more often to give yourself a lil break.
Edited by Coras on 04/07/2013 14:38 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I just went full on nuke with prepot and flask. CCd the adds with Scream and dotted them up. AOE Sear if they caught up to you and keep dots on Wrathion. Although it probably only worked due to my ilvl and dps. It might not work for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I had similair issues and did the healing challenge. Its fairly easy as disc.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I refused to do the healing challenge, I wanted to push myself to the limit with the dps one. It took me more then an hour and several wipes, but I managed to do it.
I didn't go for the full nuke tact as Draktharion (cause I had less ilvl then you, Sintia), what worked for me was this set up of glyphs and talents:

1 - Psyfiend: while I know most people advice Void Tendrils here, they didn't work for me. They managed to root one ooze or two (sometimes) and they got killed pretty fast.
2 - Body and Soul: just because I hate ground positioning spells like the feathers. But I think feathers are better for this challenge.
3 - FDCL, no brainer imho.
4 - Bulwark: saved me more times then I'd like to say lol
5 - DI, no brainer imho.
6 - Halo

Glyphs: Inner sanctum, dark binding and mind flay
Flask and food buff + celestial blessing (rep item)

Basically I started by nuking Wrathion and trying to always dps him from behind, rapidly moving away when he summoned the first wave of oozes.
If you dot them all up, you get some nice chain proc of instant spells, and you can managed to bring them down in a decent time. I suggest, though, not to kill all of them at the same time, since they respawn after 1 minute. I found out that it was better having to deal with 2 or 3 reborn oozes at once rather then all of them. For me at least, it could be different for you.
Timing psyfiend and psychic scream is life safer, especially if you need some breath to heal yourself.
Never let dots expire from Wrathion, obviously.
Halo is pretty cool for killing all Wrathion illusions at once, its long cd is a bit meh but with fast mind searing on the illusion groups you can manage to down all of them everytime.
You can always disperse if too many illusions are alive and they are finishing their cast.
One thing to note: illusions are CCable. Happened that they were up with some oozes around, fear saved me.
And that's all, you just have to be patient, kite a lot and not be afraid to go full nuke if wrathion is extremely low on health and the oozing are chasing you
Edited by Molekh on 04/07/2013 16:30 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

I agree with Ashalia. Just reforge your gear so you get some more spirit, there's no need to regem, the fight itself takes like 5minutes or something like that...

I took Solace, PI and Divine Star for it (actually I already had those, didn't know what to expect). Dps'd DW, used Fade pretty much on cd to get DW off of myself, dispelled myself, got out of that thing on the ground, healed Wrathion when his hp gets low, used DS for adds. There was something about getting a damage increase when you heal Wrathion or something like that, but frankly I didn't really pay any attention at all.
Reply Quote
wauw soo many peeps giving info didnt expect to get so much tips thx guys i will prolly try the healing challenge out like ashalia said when i have some time and see how that goes the healing challenge is easyer then the dps one :)
Reply Quote
after 2 hours i just completed the healing challenge thx all for the awesome advise :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I couldn't live with myself if as a dps i was too bad to do the dps challenge :P sorry

then again, u reforged to crit *shrug* ....
Edited by Skellionz on 07/07/2013 05:09 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
then again, u reforged to crit *shrug* ....

I was under the impression reforging crit isn't that bad if you don't have uvls, or so I've been told at least.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I was under the impression reforging crit isn't that bad if you don't have uvls, or so I've been told at least.

Idd, it's haste > crit > mastery until you get UVLS, which I still don't have >.<
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/07/2013 12:42Posted by Molekh

Idd, it's haste > crit > mastery until you get UVLS, which I still don't have >.<

UVLS or legendary meta gem.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
on howtopriest it's stated only with UVLS
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
as a priest healer its so simpel
in that fase where wrath is in middle en that !@#$ from 4 sides is bombarding him.

look 4 a nice spot and USE UR LEAP OF FAIT so u pull him to safty
wait till fase is finish in mw u can heal/mana up read a book etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]