Glyph of Shamanistic Rage - Magic Effects PvP?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a list or something that lists which magic effects can be dispelled from your character? For example can it dispell Deep Freeze? Otherwise it's a pretty nice glyph
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I don't have a list, but it removes almost anything that isn't phyiscal when it comes to stuns. Off the top of my head:

Deep Freeze
Hammer of Justice
Fist of Justice
Capacitor Totem
All magical DoTs, slows, snares.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
It removes all harmful magic effects.

I don't have a list, but it removes almost anything that isn't phyiscal when it comes to stuns. Off the top of my head:

Deep Freeze
Hammer of Justice
Fist of Justice
Capacitor Totem
All magical DoTs, slows, snares.

All of those plus more.

I've just replaced it with Glyph of Lightning Shield and I've never missed anything so much :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I've just replaced it with Glyph of Lightning Shield and I've never missed anything so much :(

I really don't follow the reasoning behind replacing that glyph and while still keeping glyph of ghost wolf. The GW glyph is something I'd take if I was the designated flagcarrier or if I was facing a team without any magical effects in arenas, otherwise it's basically a waste as you can easily catch/kite any melee (monks might be the exception), and having that glyph won't save you whereas the Rage glyph sure as hell will.

To each their own I guess.
Edited by Masztaar on 01/07/2013 11:00 BST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I really don't follow the reasoning behind replacing that glyph and while still keeping glyph of ghost wolf. The GW glyph is something I'd take if I was the designated flagcarrier or if I was facing a team without any magical effects in arenas, otherwise it's basically a waste as you can easily catch/kite any melee (monks might be the exception), and having that glyph won't save you whereas the Rage glyph sure as hell will.

To each their own I guess.

I've not played in the arena for a very long time. I do play random battlegrounds though pretty much every night with friends though and I've always looked at the ghost wolf glyph as completely mandatory for battlegrounds.

The amount of times it has got me out of trouble, we aren't a very defensive so kiting is completely necessary when melee classes are using offensive cooldowns.

There are situations where glyph of shamanistic rage will save you yes but does that compensate for losing such mobility?

Also, glyph of ghostwolf used to be baseline so I've had it since I started. Not having it now would take some serious adjusting.

Like I said.. I've had ghostwolf this way as long as I can remember so maybe I'm just biased. I'm always up for improving my game so I'll listen to the points you made and try it out
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Also, glyph of ghostwolf used to be baseline so I've had it since I started. Not having it now would take some serious adjusting.

Like I said.. I've had ghostwolf this way as long as I can remember so maybe I'm just biased. I'm always up for improving my game so I'll listen to the points you made and try it out

Oh yeah absolutely I didn't mean to sound like a douche there, wich I kind of did when I looked at it again. In that case I honestly think I'd sacrifice the 10% dmg reduction glyph rather than the SR one as it's so extremely valuable. The ability to remove them every minute is absolutely life and death when you are dotted up and a paladin comes charging in with a 5 second stun and Avenging Wrath (wich basically will kill you in that amount of time without counter pressure).

Hopefully they'll realize their utterly pathetic design mistake with our healing storm glyph (no glyph in the entire game is as must-have as that one in PvP) and give it to us baseline so that we have at least one slot to experiment with. I want the baseline version of ghost wolf back pretty badly aswell, it felt really cheap to give it as a glyph. Having looked through all the classes and specs and their glyph choices, I really feel that Shaman has gotten the sh!t end of the stick in all departments. Too many "can't live without" choices.

If they do give us healing storm baseline I also want to recommend glyph of spirit walk, as that lowers the CD to 45 seconds wich is a pretty good timer for a snare removal/sprint ability.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/07/2013 14:55Posted by Masztaar
Hopefully they'll realize their utterly pathetic design mistake with our healing storm glyph (no glyph in the entire game is as must-have as that one in PvP) and give it to us baseline so that we have at least one slot to experiment with.

One can dream. But I agree, Healing Storm is just that good, one wouldn't last long without it.

Having looked through all the classes and specs and their glyph choices

The diffrence is quite big I would assume (just quickly checked like two classes)

Perhaps we should get a new "Glyph Idea" thread rocking again
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Perhaps we should get a new "Glyph Idea" thread rocking again

A much better way is to talk to GC or Holinka on twitter (GC for PvE and Holinka for PvP) and give them ideas there. While I don't want to take any credit for the idea, I brought up the issue of survivability in wich a few of us Enh/Ele players managed to get Holinkas attention prior to 5.3. He only had about 900 followers at the time, and that's when the glyph of lightning shield was suggested while we described our problems with survivability.
At first he put it in as a standard 10% reduction at all times, but then it became mandatory for PvE so it changed to what it is now.

Something I WILL take some credit for no matter what anyone says, is the change to Feral Spirit. Had a direct discussion with him about it where he tested them to see if my complaints were solid, and he said he would consider making the glyph baseline because the healing felt really lackluster (but needed something solid to replace it with). Shortly after that he changed the wolves to be immune to snares, wich while not enough is a great step on the way of making them useful.

The issue of the Healing Storm glyph was brought up by another Enhance player, but the response there was that he needed to exchange that glyph first aswell.

The point is that great things can happen if you just lay it out black and white for those guys. The glyph threads over here are most likely never read (at least not forwarded) so it's much better to try and open a discussion on twitter - Although it might be a great idea to come up with replacement glyphs for our "stupid" ones, such as the aforementioned Feral Spirit and Healing Storm ones.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
f
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
17/05/2014 00:04Posted by Darter
f

k
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Its an sweet glyph, havent changed it since it came out, with all the stunn flying around it improves my gameplay by soo much.

It removes anything that is magic and you can use it while stunned, so what Masz said and also remorseless winter if you somehow got caught in it.

Be careful when you use it since it trigger dispel protection, like unstable affliction and vampiric touch.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It also removes touch of karma but the DoT will be re applied after so use it wisely.

I always run with ls,ms and sham glyph although you can swap wham out against melee heavy teams and use something else (prob a kiting aid so GW or frost shock or spirit walk )
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Basically, only run the glyph vs Mage healer X

As long as that 'X' is not a Warlock or Spriest.

It's used a lot more in 2s than 3s, it used to actually be very important until they decided to make it proc UA silence / damage and Spriest VT horror from the priest 4 set.
Edited by Snodz on 21/05/2014 15:39 BST
Reply Quote
21/05/2014 15:37Posted by Snodz
Basically, only run the glyph vs Mage healer X

As long as that 'X' is not a Warlock or Spriest.

It's used a lot more in 2s than 3s, it used to actually be very important until they decided to make it proc UA silence / damage and Spriest VT horror from the priest 4 set.

Indeed, and those procs have now turned out to be confirmed bugs as announced in the WoD notes. It's pretty sickening that they decide to hotfix Burst of Speed and not the SR glyph when they patched the game last night.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]