Druid or Monk tank for 5.4?

90 Goblin Priest
Which tank is looking like the most fun and generally the best out of druid or monk?
I know that I should try out both of the classes and see which one is the best for me, but I can't be bothered tbh :P
I would like the class that is the most fun (in your opinion), easiest and the class that will probably be powerful in 5.4.
Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Paladin
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
MOnk tank deffo!
They demand the most work in regards of keeping track of your buff, debuffs, stagger, avoidence etc.
the management of resources is not like just any other tanking class, you mix chi with energy to control your tanking. where as others just use rage or mana/holy power(Prot pallies)

The ways of monk tanking is unqiue compared to any other tanking class
Reply Quote
32 Tauren Druid
fun: for me both druid and monk aply. but druid more then monk. but that is because i love being an raging bear.

easiest: druid. while rather challanging at low level due to an lack of abilities. at ,max level it is very forgiving and the rotation is very simple. monks as for now are don't pay attention then your dead.

most powerfull. bears are relativly in a good place, but they suffer because their active migaton is not preditable. monks are more powerfull.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
MOnk tank deffo!They demand the most work in regards of keeping track of your buff, debuffs, stagger, avoidence etc.the management of resources is not like just any other tanking class, you mix chi with energy to control your tanking. where as others just use rage or mana/holy power(Prot pallies)The ways of monk tanking is unqiue compared to any other tanking class

i disagree tbh sorry but after playing all 5 tank classes at max lvl they are all very samey and all as good as eachother .once you learn your cd's and rotations easy as pie.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
i disagree tbh sorry but after playing all 5 tank classes at max lvl they are all very samey and all as good as eachother .once you learn your cd's and rotations easy as pie.

Sorry but in regards to your post I would have to disagree. It's not just.. "after time you get used to cooldowns its all the same" Monks are different in almost every way to the other tanks. With the new Active mitigation and monks known for a complex playstyle the use of when to purify, pop elusive brew and maximise your power guard is always different. I'm not saying other tanks are "easier" but the devs made monks different for a reason, to challenge seasonal tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I dont think they are any harder ,maybe thats just me but i would say warrior tanking back in vanilla was harder then monk tanking now but thats subjective .I would say all 5 classes are very fun to play so tbh play what suits your play style and you enjoy .
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
play what suits your play style and you enjoy .
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Ok thanks for the replies guys, how about the best tank in 5.4 out of all of the classes?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok thanks for the replies guys, how about the best tank in 5.4 out of all of the classes?

paladin or monk, depending on overall raidcomp.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Monks and paladins are very powerful tanks.
You'll probably be happy with either.

Paladins bring a whole lot to the raid, in form of hands, devotion and healing.
They can deal with pretty much any situation, and have lots of cooldowns to rotate. It's always beneficial for your group to have a prot paladin.

Monks are very durable when played right, but as mentioned before, they can drop very fast if you don't pay attention. They have high mobility and bring a ton of damage.
They also have the ability to shield raid members from high amounts of damage.

Take your pick.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

There's no such thing like the best tank overall, it heavily depends on your raid setup and the bosses you are facing.

The best tank for you is the class you are most comfortable with and you've mastered best.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There's no such thing like the best tank overall, it heavily depends on your raid setup and the bosses you are facing. The best tank for you is the class you are most comfortable with and you've mastered best.

This ^^

after playing all 5 tanks i can say they are all fun and different and none really stick out as best.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]