How long does it take to acquire the legendary cloak?

90 Undead Monk
So as title ask; How long does it roughly take to grind in order to get the legendary cloak in weeks and/or months?

I have a semi-interest in them and would like to know if it's still possible to acquire them within a reasonable time of next patch when starting from scratch now?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
It can take you all from about 6 weeks to never depending on your RNG.

In the worst event it'll take you 20 weeks for the meta and another 12 for the cloak.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
safe bet would be 3-4-5 months - this way u wont be dissapointed by bad rng cosnidering u ask about starting from 0.
Edited by Lilíith on 08/07/2013 16:34 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
1) Sigils took me two weeks, with LFR and some T14 PUG's. I don't see it taking longer if you follow the same recipe.
2) Valor obviously took me three weeks, but call it two, as I could get the Secrets the third week too*
3) Two weeks into the Secrets quest I'm on 9/20.

So I'm guessing 9 weeks would be reasonable to reach the cloak quest at least.

edit for bad maths

* To be on the safe side, I avoided doing any ToT that week, LFR included, until I was on the quest for the Secrets, so I had to cap valor elsewhere, do the PvP quests etc first.
Edited by Clappetite on 08/07/2013 16:54 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
with ym luck 6 months huge pain on sigils rng, then reduce 3 weeks mhm mhm 21 weeks to be safe. althoguh 3 weeks are valor capping.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Sigils takes 2 weeks or so if you do both LFR and run the normal instance.
VP capping takes 3 weeks, but as mentioned, you can gain secrets the third week, effectively making it two.
4 weeks for first step.
You gain an average of 4 secrets per week, making it 5 weeks.
You gain an average of 2 runestones per week, making it 6 weeks.
Total of 4+5+6 = 15 weeks for the legendary, "on average". Have it on 4 characters ATM.

Of course, worst case scenario, you won't ever get it, as you could theoretically be stuck on sigils forever as there are no "100% drop rate" bosses. Secrets could take up to 20 weeks, and runestones 12.
Edited by Dracodraco on 08/07/2013 17:44 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
1) Sigils took me two weeks, with LFR and some T14 PUG's. I don't see it taking longer if you follow the same recipe.
2) Valor obviously took me three weeks, but call it two, as I could get the Secrets the third week too*

So I'm guessing 9 weeks would be reasonable to reach the cloak quest at least.

edit for bad maths

* To be on the safe side, I avoided doing any ToT that week, LFR included, until I was on the quest for the Secrets, so I had to cap valor elsewhere, do the PvP quests etc first.

This is an example of the time period it will take at best. Won't get much quicker than this, and it is unlikely you will be able to get it as quickly as this.

I started the leg quest in March/April and I got my meta gem two weeks ago. I was fairly lucky with the last stage too. So that's 3 months and I haven't got my epic cloak yet, and have a quest before I get it farming ToT.

So you are talking about 4 months play.

Broken down: 2-5 weeks for sigils, 3 weeks for valor grind, 4-8 weeks meta gem grind, not sure how long then for cloak grind.

Good luck.
Edited by Maeldune on 10/07/2013 02:30 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Maeldune, the sigil droprate was dramatically increased at some point. I don't know when, but probably after you were done with them. Two weeks of LFR + normal modes should be enough now without good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Its gonna take some time for sure. Ive atm on the "Runestone" quest which is the last part for 600ilvl cloak. And after 3 weeks of LFR Ive got only 4 out of 12. Note that the Runestones can only be obtained from the 6 last bosses, however the RNG can be on your side and get the 12 Runestones after 2-3 weeks only.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
08/07/2013 17:44Posted by Dracodraco

Except they only got 1 chance to drop so a boss killed on lfr cant drop it on normal/hc (not even when it didnt drop) also 2 weeks is having alot of luck i took my warrior trough after the drop rate changes and ended up on 28wisdom 10 power after 4 weeks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You can get sigils on both LFR and normal/HC simultaneously. Not secrets/runestones however.
Edited by Clappetite on 11/07/2013 01:56 BST
Reply Quote
12 Troll Hunter
Not secrets/runestones however.

So a 13/13 HC raider will get the clock at the same time as someone who just does raid finder? So not only does everyone get the legendary making it, yano, less legendary (kinda like epics now) but you also get it at the same time!?

Oh blizz...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Actually no, as Ra-den drops them too, so full HC raiders have that advantage. But it's not a terrible difference.
Edited by Clappetite on 11/07/2013 06:18 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/07/2013 17:25Posted by Egwyn

Except they only got 1 chance to drop so a boss killed on lfr cant drop it on normal/hc (not even when it didnt drop) also 2 weeks is having alot of luck i took my warrior trough after the drop rate changes and ended up on 28wisdom 10 power after 4 weeks.

Nope. That system is only in for Secrets and Runestones.
Sigils in LFR is awarded on the same basis as secrets/runestones are now.
Sigils in normal/heroic are actual loot on the boss that you can pick up.
This means they are not exclusive. You can do both, and get both.

Actually no, as Ra-den drops them too (guaranteed in the case of runestones, don't know about secrets), so full HC raiders have that advantage. But it's not a terrible difference.

Did they change this at the same time as Lei Shen? I am 100% sure that I never got a runestone from Ra-Den on my first few kills. I also know this is true for others in my raid, but almost everyone has the cloak by now, so it's hard to check if someone didn't get one now. I know we had 5 cloaks finish in one evening due to the stone Ra-Den dropped for those 5 people, but that could just be pure luck. I'll ask around if anyone has seen it NOT drop.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I might have heard wrong. In any case he can drop them at least. I'll edit my post.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

You're a lucky man... 3 weeks 1/20, it's so damn annoying. It seems i am really a poor devil.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You're a lucky man... 3 weeks 1/20, it's so damn annoying. It seems i am really a poor devil.

Lei Shen has 100% chance to drop them. If you don't even have 3 we're talking effort, not luck.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/07/2013 09:04Posted by Clappetite

Lei Shen has 100% chance to drop them. If you don't even have 3 we're talking effort, not luck.

Not on the the secrets. That's only the quest afterwards (forgot the name).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If they did up sigil rate, it would still take a while but it would help.
(it took me 6 weeks for sigils before, then another 6 for the valor at the time)
Id probably say 6-7 weeks to get to the ToT parts. At the least~
Edited by Avendelora on 11/07/2013 10:15 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Not on the the secrets. That's only the quest afterwards (forgot the name).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9687729#june10
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]