5.4: New PvP mounts!

90 Human Warrior
>rbgs

nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooope
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
40 rbgs? ill stick to my dreadsteed.

inb4 Kamran claims no one wants warriors in rbgs and becomes kinda right for the 1st time
Edited by Xezbeth on 09/07/2013 19:51 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Why do pvp mounts need to have those freaking flags?, make them look so ugly.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
As the Youtube comment suggest: The difference between the mount and the player is just mind-blowing. Time for new character models. Also RBGs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
New PvP achievement notes up on mmo-champ, looks like you've gotta get the 100 3v3 wins and 40 RBG wins for these beauties. Shouldn't be too difficult to farm if you just cap your points in 3's and join a few PUG RBG's each week.

My question is though, will this be account wide or have the same restrictions as the current RBG mounts?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
40 rbgs? Aww man.. :/
Ughhhhhh... Well, better than giving them higher conquest caps than arena! Oh wait...

I'll have to do RBG's no matter how abhorrently awful they are, won't I?
Reply Quote
7 Goblin Shaman
RBG wins!! Nice...not gonna happen, sry.

Unless there is a soloque / small group chance.
Edited by Wraner on 10/07/2013 01:04 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
When will they give up with RBG incentives?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just !@#$ing delete RBGs, its not competetive, it promotes win trading and it takes WAY too much time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Great way to exclude 50% of the specs from this achievement. As melee, you're rarely even considered for cap runs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
melee so hard done by this xpac :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
RBGs oh my,please no
Reply Quote
Community
Understand that this is just a first implementation of us trying to add some more rewards into PvP for a wider audience of players. The number of Arena matches and RBG's that need to be won may not be final at this time and there's a chance that they can change before patch 5.4 is released.

Please continue to provide your feedback on this topic though as we would very much like to know what you think about the new mounts and their reward structure.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Please continue to provide your feedback on this topic though as we would very much like to know what you think about the new mounts and their reward structure.

Less rbg wins thanks
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
could u implement a mount that is rewarded after forcing 100 draws in 3v3

i have solved the issue of burst in this game
Edited by Hotsugar on 10/07/2013 14:46 BST
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
could u implement a mount that is rewarded after forcing 100 draws in 3v3

i have solved the issue of burst in this game

Blood DKs just became viable again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
!@#$ing rbgs, i will never get this mount ever! was looking foward to getting that horse on my forsaken green fire warlock, so perfect... just screw it T_T
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Understand that this is just a first implementation of us trying to add some more rewards into PvP for a wider audience of players. The number of Arena matches and RBG's that need to be won may not be final at this time and there's a chance that they can change before patch 5.4 is released.

"The Wider PVP Audience" aren't the sorts of people that do RBG's or Arena. They may be a large group, but they're not the largest. The largest do regular BG's. See, this includes those who do RBG's and Arena as well, as it's likely they ALSO do regular BG's.

I've never touched RBG in my life. I was originally a Protection Paladin, and had solo earned Battlemaster when Conqueror was still required. I'd done some casual Arena with a Feral druid tank in Wrath just for fun. Never got any real rating we cared for, but it was fun.

Then, RBG's were introduced, and suddenly it was "Go holy or GTFO". I'm a person of integrity. Even with the draw of the titles and impressive mounts, I wouldn't sacrifice that. Of course, I'm now retribution and I play to a very casual level, almost not bothering with PVP on this character.

I figure that perhaps the reward would be suited for those with 250,000 lifetime HK's. That is, those that have earned "the Bloodthirsty" title. Such a title for such an achievement always seemed underwhelming. I've not earned it personally. I'm close to it, but I always viewed the title as just being a pretty terrible reward for the sheer scale of the achievement. It's the sort of thing that takes at least half a year to grind out, assuming you heavily PVP every day. I always figured that a title and mount reward would be much better. As this is something that also appeals to "the wider PVP audience", it seems even more suitable than the current plan of needing RBG and Arena wins.

I'm not against rewarding it to those who do RBG and Arena's at all. I just figure that if your intent is to appeal to the wider audience, reward it for people who do all forms of PVP, rather than only those who focus exclusively on rated combat. Perhaps award HK's in Arena (assuming that it's still the case that they don't) would go some way towards this goal as well.
Edited by Chronalis on 10/07/2013 15:24 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]