5.4: New PvP mounts!

90 Night Elf Druid
remove the RBG win component and make a small amount of 2v2 wins and 5v5 wins to compensate. Would help increase activity in these brackets too :)

Give RBGs their own mount. Similar to the arena mount but uglier/weaker. Like armored horse for arena unarmored horse for RBG. so the RBGheroes cant complain
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Make it 2s wins plz :'(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
In this thread:

QQ why RBGs I only do Arena.

Mounts are added to the game to be earned. Blizzard know a larger population of the community play Arenas over Rated Battlegrounds so it's clearly a smart investment to make it require Rated Battlegrounds as it means people have to actually earn it, thus play more.

tl;dr: stop crying ffs, all this forum ever does is cry
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
my keyboard is wet with tears
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I dont play RBGs, but i know about that addon that allows you solo que, might give it a shot if i find the mount looking cool. Thats the whole point isnt it? To get people to play them? I know some mount collectors might try it now too, but the req. could be too high for em. Anyways, nice to see some pvp rewards of such nature, to add to exclusivity they could have added 1800 rating req or something on it, but that would discourage pve people to try out pvp even more, so maybe in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
Making them a wPvP drop with a droprate would encourage people to wPvP... just a thought.

I would enjoy wPvP more then RBG's and Arena.

possibly might concider a character faction change due to the Sabre,horse does not look 'PvP' enough.
Reply Quote
Community
As an update to this thread, because of all the feedback we have been receiving regarding the requirements to attain the new PvP mounts we have been considering changing the "and" to an "or". This will mean that instead of having to get 100 3v3 wins and 40 RBG wins, you will only need to meet one of these quotas.

What do you all think of this possible change to the requirements for the new PvP mounts?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
As an update to this thread, because of all the feedback we have been receiving regarding the requirements to attain the new PvP mounts we have been considering changing the "and" to an "or". This will mean that instead of having to get 100 3v3 wins and 40 RBG wins, you will only need to meet one of these quotas.

What do you all think of this possible change to the requirements for the new PvP mounts?

Please do that, I think that most people wouldn't do it otherwise since it requires doing rbg's, which almost everyone dislikes.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest

It will remove the rare status of the mount but at least I can get it now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

I would suggest making it an 'or' but in exchange bump it to 150 3v3 wins and 50 RBG wins to help ensure it stays partially rare.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Are these mounts accountwide? And faction specific, or will earning it on my hordies give my ally chars their equivalent?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Awesome change, this way there will be a lot more RBG groups even groups forming in the trade chat and also it will make the mount more obtainable even for those who don't play arena...I personally love the change and love the fact that you guys listen to the community. It will surely make me ( a PvE player ) gear up for PvP and get that mount :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Are these mounts accountwide? And faction specific, or will earning it on my hordies give my ally chars their equivalent?

They're the same as the current Vicious Wolf/Horse. They're account-wide items until learned. When learned they're only on the character you used it on.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
edit: My question has been answered in the comment above ;-)
Edited by Nichara on 19/07/2013 13:38 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Any chance the arena section could be bumped to 150 wins and have it count for all arena brackets, or just count for all arena brackets anyway?
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Paladin

Very good, Nakatoir.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I don't post a lot, but I do follow the forums. Changing this to an "or" is a great decision for me, as I only do 1 rbg per week to cap, and only on my chars below 1750 arena. I would also be ok with raising the minimum number of wins to keep the time commitment the same, though I play far more arena than that anyway.

Another option, though perhaps a bit complicated, would be to have it awarded for meeting 1 of the following criteria:

100 3v3 wins and 40 RBG
150 3v3 wins
50 RBG wins

The only issue with this is that there is already a mount for 75 wins.
Reply Quote

That would be very nice since otherwise you will never see an enhancement shaman or any "unviable" classes in rbgs with the mount.
Edited by Koffn on 19/07/2013 14:15 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Good change, none does 40 RBG wins in a whole season unless you genuinely enjoy them
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

Good change, maybe would get more pve players to do arenas. Its easier to set up grp of 3 players than 15. (or 10?)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]