Pandaren starting weapons and transmog

86 Pandaren Warrior
Early in this expansion I started a thread that's gotten burried somewhere, concerning the models of the pandaren starter weapons/gear and aside from a crossbow and a belt (for monks only) none of these weapon models are available for transmog, even though they fit so well with pandaren and the theme of the expansion.

I'm talking about these models : http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/october/pp57.jpg

Now I could understand you might want those to be rare lore-wise, but not even the pandaren themselves can transmog these weapons, and neither do they drop anywhere on Pandaria in dungeons, raids or quests or even random green drops.

personally I think it's a shame these models are wasted like this, and there's probably people who think likewise...
So I'd like to ask for the reason as to why Blizzard didn't make these models available, or if they have plans to still do so...and if not if they could please make these available somehow?

And also if they are going to do this, if they plan on including some more of these Asian style weapons (I seem to remember some more models datamined back before MoP went live)
Reply Quote
I mentioned them in my thread about 3-4 hours ago ^^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I agree with this. I would love to be able to have the staff that the monks start out with for transmog on my pandaren monk when she is levelled up.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Gnome Priest
So I'd like to ask for the reason as to why Blizzard didn't make these models available, or if they have plans to still do so...and if not if they could please make these available somehow?

I'd make a casual guess that Blizzard prefer that they're a bit exclusive to the Pandaren starting zone. I.e. you don't see players running around with them or anything like that. A bit similar to how it's only the Night Elf NPCs who use certain glaive models. It makes them easily distinguishable from players.

I do think it would be okay if some of these models were availiable to Pandaren characters. I guess it would be just a matter of adding a vendor that sold various weapons on the starting zone.

Ultimately it's a problem with transmogrifiaction though, isn't it? Transmogrification really makes players want access to items and models like never before, but the game has never really been designed to offer players such easy access to everything. And thus you see requests like this and the millions of "Please add the old x item model back to the game" and "Please allow us to repeat quests so we can get the items again" and "Please allow us to run old expansion LFRs so we can get the items from there", and so on :P
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Warrior
@Jito Like I said, I could agree with blizz wanting to keep those weapons somewhat rare for whatever (lore) reason, but they could have at least given transmoggable models to pandaren who did the starting areas. The worgen starting area also gives a staff and a gun model that's pretty rare and they can be trasnmogged.

It's just a shame these models are wasted this way and that they don't even drop in Pandaria and it's dungeons and raids.
And even if it's to keep them "rare" not everyone would like the models to the same degree or have them fit in with their transmog set. Some people just love the oversized weapons that glow brighter than a sun, while others prefer the more simplisic style of these models, so it would balance out in the end.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
ALL white or grey quality armour sets and weapons should be added to the allowed list!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
ALL white or grey quality armour sets and weapons should be added to the allowed list!

first time i agree with you on anything some of the white and grey items are truely gorgeous .
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Warrior
14/07/2013 14:38Posted by Celticknight

first time i agree with you on anything some of the white and grey items are truely gorgeous .

True, why are these restrictions still in place when there are statless items from darkmoon faire, the shadopan replica head and the white straw head from tillers, and soon the store bought helms...

Like you said there are lots of white quality vendor weapons that sometimes don't even share a model, and are just wasted models.
And why should only NPC's get the nice weapons like (Item not found) (carried by Orhan Ogreblade) in some forgotten corner of the world...?
Same for some of the clothing of NPC's in old Hillsbrad or in cities...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Well the crossbow is Fishsticker Crossbow
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Warrior
Well the crossbow is Fishsticker Crossbow

Yes, and that white fan pandaren mages start with, but that's only two, so I don't see why they skipped all those other models....

Did they just run out of time or something before the expansion went live?
I'd really like to know the reason if there is a valid one...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]