Warlock old raid solo will be so horrible in 5.4

8 Orc Warlock
Just tried some on ptr and with all the nerfs like soul link etc make it incredibly bad.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Probably because you tried to do them at level 8. Once you've levelled upto 90 and gotten some gear perhaps you'll have more joy soloing old junk. =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Probably because you tried to do them at level 8. Once you've levelled upto 90 and gotten some gear perhaps you'll have more joy soloing old junk. =)

sir I love you

Just tried some on ptr and with all the nerfs like soul link etc make it incredibly bad.

Tbh I don't use soul link when I'm soloing old raids and I don't have a problem finishing them,
all the other nerfs as well I've seen aren't that bad, besides the gateway nerf so u should be fine.
Edited by Xploo on 23/07/2013 20:43 BST
Reply Quote
8 Orc Warlock
I can imagine how many parties your sense of humor has ruined.

Tbh I don't use soul link when I'm soloing old raids and I don't have a problem finishing them,
all the other nerfs as well I've seen aren't that bad, besides the gateway nerf so u should be fine.
Sure the easier ones aren't affected but something like LK 25 HC is totally ruined.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
I can imagine how many parties your sense of humor has ruined

Dozens, it takes great effort to lack humour to this degree.

Anyway, on topic; you couldn't solo the whole of ICC 25 hc anyway, if you're going to whine at least pull out a worthwhile example. And as Xploo mentioned soul link is by no means a soloing requirement, there are less faceroll methods of running massively out of date raids with current level and gear.
Reply Quote
8 Orc Warlock
Anyway, on topic; you couldn't solo the whole of ICC 25 hc anyway, if you're going to whine at least pull out a worthwhile example. And as Xploo mentioned soul link is by no means a soloing requirement, there are less faceroll methods of running massively out of date raids with current level and gear.
So what if you can't solo everything up to LK it's still a perfect example so don't try dismiss it with that drivel. Current soul link changes (among other things) just takes away lots of good fights. If you believe that soul link isn't a requirement for some of the hardest bosses you're clueless and wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRLeF2FPp5U

Check this one out and do it without soul link please. I know you can't but maybe you'll get that fun bosses like these are taken away with these changes. Something like a minor glyph to retain current soul link would be nice so it wouldn't even be forced on negative people like you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
soulburn health funnel ftw
Btw Yves meant that in any way you look at it you can't solo the whole icc 25 because of Valithria
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Sadly, the soul link change will greatly affect our soloing power, enjoy soloing warbringers and cata raids while it lasts.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Anyway, on topic; you couldn't solo the whole of ICC 25 hc anyway

He said 25hc lk not the whole of icc and yes with the nerfs to fel armor (no more 10% dmg reduction) soul leech (not up till 100% of max hp anymore) this fight wil need alot better gear again (also the nerf to ember regen from rain of fire will have a big impact on dps here) wich was allready steap compared to what dks/hunter/paladins need.
Edited by Bunchies on 24/07/2013 14:24 BST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Yes, but what's the point in soloing it?

Either it's a new challenge to try and overcome, or it's for gear (upgrades or transmog)

The only loss is to the potential pet healing, so if it's for gear just get the healer who was in for valithria to stick around. If you're looking for a challenge, then the changes supply a new challenge requiring you to re-evaluate the situation.

Whining about having to change tactics to solo out of date content is just pathetic. The game is balanced with an aim to current PvE and PvP balance, not with an aim to keep things nice and stable so that people can run around facerolling old raids when they sufficiently out level+gear them.

With respect to the video you linked, the lick king was making 10k dps. With new soul link plus soul leech 5% of damage dealt will be going to pet heals/shield, as we're going to be reaching 200k dps easily this coming expansion that encounter will still be facerollable.
Reply Quote
24/07/2013 01:15Posted by Cobo
Current soul link changes (among other things) just takes away lots of good fights. If you believe that soul link isn't a requirement for some of the hardest bosses you're clueless and wrong.

There are different methods of survival and dealing with the mechanics. I never used soul link, and I soloed several old raids when I had worse gear than now. Unless you mean WotLK (didn't try soloing those) or Cata raids, most of the earlier stuff is soloable with a variety of builds.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
enjoy soloing warbringers ....... while it lasts.

This is what I fear. Ive been solo farming these for a few months (still only got ONE MOUNT - BLIZ FIX THE GODDAM DROPRATE THANKS) and it can be tricky now and then as it is.

On the bright side I got my bone-white primal raptor completed already so at least that's one enormous farm completed. Might get the pet as well before 5.4 hits.

However, I don't tend to use soul link massively in raid/dungeons although I`m sure it will cause problems. 30% would be acceptable imo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

You mean lk25hc? well he drops invincible mount.

24/07/2013 14:49Posted by Yves
With respect to the video you linked, the lick king was making 10k dps. With new soul link plus soul leech 5% of damage dealt will be going to pet heals/shield, as we're going to be reaching 200k dps easily this coming expansion that encounter will still be facerollable.

Yes but in last fase vile spirits whould deal alot more dmg without a nice shield (only 15% of max hp after nerf) stacked up also in the first fase and transition you be dealing with alot more dmg from adds, especially cause your absorb shield will drop of alot more wich means your voidwalker will be using us his shield charges wich again makes him take more dmg.
And lk 25hc is anything but faceroll atm for a warlock solo and with the incoming nerfs it wont be faceroll in SoO gear either unless it hc gear.
Edited by Conductivity on 24/07/2013 21:49 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Jesus christ. This is true. I have been using embers to heal myself thanks to rain of fire...this changes everything.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

What's the point of doing anything in this game. It's up to each player. Soloing bosses is some of the hardest things you can do in game, it's all about the challenge and the odd chance of a mount drop.

Warlocks have historically been a 'tanky' class, but now they are greatly reducing that trait. Soul leech needed a nerf, but sadly Blizzard always goes from one extreme to the other instead of finding a middle road. I wouldn't even mind a soul link nerf, but it's not only a nerf, it's a revert back to the old soul link with the addition of some less than sufficient heals. Even if we can manage 200k sustained dps that will only net us 6k hps, which won't even outheal the dmg output of a single normal mob.

Oh, and LK25HM is not faceroll, even with the current soul link it is very, very tough.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Roughly 8% of damage will be channeled into soul leech. (being able to shadowburn on all those adds will supply nice burst to rais soul leech shield, survivability buff) and 3% of all damge will go to straight out heals. That's 11% of all damage dealt by the player being returned in heals. If a player has the good sense to keep some adds focussed on themselves to keep the steady flow of damage split then that makes it 22% of damage going into healing.

And there's no 'even if we can manage 200k' I'm not far off it, and well over it in high add encounters like LK, and there are heroic raiders already clocking over 200k single target. When we have some SoO gear 200k will be the low end, comfortable slack dps for any warlock worth his salt. I don't see how a heroic raider could be the one to suggest that 200k dps is unlikely or questionable with SoO gear...

@Conductivity, you took a rhetorical question out of context and then gave the answer 'lootz' which i'd already given as a possible answer...well done.

Allow me to repeat myself; There are two reasons to solo an encounter:
1) for loot (including mounts blah blah blah) if that's what you want but struggle to solo then bring a friend.
2) for the challenge, in which case these changes to passives and increases to active self/pet healing, along with AD will mean people just need to time their burst to coincide with periods of high incoming damage, and will have the tools to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

And there's no 'even if we can manage 200k' I'm not far off it, and well over it in high add encounters like LK, and there are heroic raiders already clocking over 200k single target. When we have some SoO gear 200k will be the low end, comfortable slack dps for any warlock worth his salt. I don't see how a heroic raider could be the one to suggest that 200k dps is unlikely or questionable with SoO gear...

Dps is secondary as long as you can meet the enrage timer, heck DKs and paladins are already soloing some pandaria raid bosses. But when survival is all tied into dps you need way beyond what is possible for the tough encounters. We are not talking 200k, but more like 700k+.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Roughly 8% of damage will be channeled into soul leech. (being able to shadowburn on all those adds will supply nice burst to rais soul leech shield, survivability buff) and 3% of all damge will go to straight out heals. That's 11% of all damage dealt by the player being returned in heals. If a player has the good sense to keep some adds focussed on themselves to keep the steady flow of damage split then that makes it 22% of damage going into healing.

@Conductivity, you took a rhetorical question out of context and then gave the answer 'lootz' which i'd already given as a possible answer...well done.

Allow me to repeat myself; There are two reasons to solo an encounter:
1) for loot (including mounts blah blah blah) if that's what you want but struggle to solo then bring a friend.
2) for the challenge, in which case these changes to passives and increases to active self/pet healing, along with AD will mean people just need to time their burst to coincide with periods of high incoming damage, and will have the tools to do so.

Shadowburn does NOT provide soul leech you also cant have adds on you (atleast not after transition) raging spirits silence you.
And pls the way you said it does not show it was retorical...... you asked what to solo it for so i said the mount i not said lootz (makes you sound like you 14)
And it not about the dps the reason locks could do it now is cause of the big shield they stacking on both themselfs and pet that combined with soul link make your pet almost never lose his 60% dmg reduction shield.
But with 5.4 (only a 15% shield) he loses his dmg reduction alot more wich makes both of you take more dmg (not to mention the flat 10% dmg reduction taken away from fel armor)
Also if i see the changes correctly we wont be able to heal our pet anymore with ember tap but only by dps?
Yes it stil will be doable but faceroll not really untill hc SoO gear so yes it a nerf in how soloable it is i was looking forward to giving this a try in SoO lfr gear (maby with some upgrades) unfortunatly that not gonna happen anymore now, since worlds first kill was in 535ish ilvl gear and with the nerf you will need more for a kill.

And yes that are 2 good reason to solo them but this particular boss has both (same as yogg+0 25)
Edited by Conductivity on 25/07/2013 20:57 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
( Sure the easier ones aren't affected but something like LK 25 HC is totally ruined. )

Solo lichKing can stil be done you just need to do it now on Different way Even Yogg saron can be solo only cant make anny mistakes thats only different
Reply Quote
31 Goblin Rogue
Im trying to do HC LK myself I am failing even tho I had some suggestions and watched vid of someone last patch with almost same gear beat it. curious as to how it worked before and why it is ruined now ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]