Chamber of Aspects for new players?

90 Orc Death Knight
Why do Blizzard make a normal realm to a realm for new players all the sudden? some of us who have played here for a while doesn't want to play on a new players realm. If you change the realm status you should atleast let those who play there move their characters to another realm for free, instead of having us pay 100€ for being able to play on a realm of our choise. We chose a normal realm, not a realm for new players.
Edited by Cortex on 19/07/2013 15:05 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Cmon let us move free atleast!
Reply Quote
77 Troll Death Knight
Why is only chamber for new players? I would have never started playing on this server if i knew it was going to become a server for new players... why not make a new server for that instead?
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
Why do Blizzard make a normal realm to a realm for new players all the sudden? some of us who have played here for a while doesn't want to play on a new players realm. If you change the realm status you should atleast let those who play there move their characters to another realm for free, instead of having us pay 100€ for being able to play on a realm of our choise. We chose a normal realm, not a realm for new players.

What difference does it make? The realm is still a normal realm. They marked the realm as New Players to encourage more players to play there as it is heavily underpopulated.

Again, the realm is still a normal realm.
Edited by Feridan on 19/07/2013 15:33 BST
Reply Quote
51 Troll Monk
But can you world pvp on a new players realm?
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
Chamber of Aspects is a Normal type realm, so unless players flag themselves either by engaging in PVP or toggling it on with /pvp they are not able to be attacked from other opposing players.

But can you world pvp on a new players realm?

Yes, if you flag yourself using either of the ways I mention above, providing the realm type is Normal and not PVP.
Edited by Feridan on 19/07/2013 15:44 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It makes no difference. Not sure what your issue is with this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
it is a normal realm, but i don't like the idea of making the realm to a realm for new players without the players permission, if they are gonna fill it up with people because it has a low number of players, they can do the free character migration to chamber of aspects instead. not fill it up with unexperianced players, and also, when the realm fills up with "amateurs", more experianced players will stop playing there or move to another realm. not all of us but some.
Edited by Cortex on 19/07/2013 15:46 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
i'm a troll
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
it is a normal realm, but i don't like the idea of making the realm to a realm for new players without the players permission, if they are gonna fill it up with people because it has a low number of players, they can do the free character migration to chamber of aspects instead. not fill it up with unexperianced players, and also, when the realm fills up with "amateurs", more experianced players will stop playing there or move to another realm. not all of us but some.

Permission? I forgot you guys owned the server... Oh wait.

Even with free transfers it's difficult to get people to move from more populated realms to emptier ones.

Also new players are not forced to join new player realms it just gives them a single focal point so that you get several newbies joining at once so they have people to level with.

If you're worried about an influx of inexperienced people putting off more experienced people well surely the low pop is already doing that to a more severe degree?

And remember you were a newb once. If you help these new players and show them the way then they won't be so inexperienced anymore will they? They may even turn out to be pretty awesome players with a bit of direction and tutelage!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
chill dude, it's just a game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I see this as a "we hate newbs thread", New players means that the population is very low, that's all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
not fill it up with unexperianced players, and also, when the realm fills up with "amateurs", more experianced players will stop playing there or move to another realm. not all of us but some.

You were new once. Did your newness make people leave a realm because you were impeding their gameplay? I highly doubt it.

I see this as a "we hate newbs thread", New players means that the population is very low, that's all.

Yep same here Dottie, its definately a "we hate newbs" thread imo.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This is only a good thing for this realm, it helps it get populated, which is one thing i constantley hear on these forums and in trade chat.

It wont be just new players that this will entice, hopefully it will get those already playing to role alts here, ending in more population a better priced and competetive AH.

i see nothing but good coming from this personnely.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I for one welcome new players to the game. Yes, the server population has dwindled and the once spam infested trade channel has fallen silent, but I ain't movin'.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The only downside of this realm for new players is that item progression is somewhat hard because of the low population. Even when using the raid finder I'm usually the only one in the group from this realm. Highest I've seen so far was 2 or 3 other players besides me. Blizz should really allow other players to transfer to this realm for free just to increase the population of it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What is the issue here? More players is never a bad thing :). Until it starts getting like my old realm Draenor, which was mostly full and had loads of guilds moving there weekly until the queues got out of control.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Chamber may be a normal realm but the population on it is far from normal. I have played this game since USA beta and for the best guilds on many different servers. Chamber is like scrapping the bottom of the barrel and the only players it attracts are those that are new and don't have a clue. I recently returned with parts of my raid team from back in tbc and wotlk and it has taken us 2 months to find half decent dps. And we still miss one to stabilise our 10 man.

Hopefully they will merge our realm because the statistics of it is horde vs alliance progressive guilds are 3:1.

Never known a server where I have had to pretty much 9 man 7/14 because there are not enough active and experienced raiders.

Let me just add though, that from a social stand point it had some of the nicest and most generous players I have met.
Edited by Underratéd on 08/12/2013 10:47 GMT
Reply Quote
I'm confused here, so let me try and figure this out.

You're complaining that the realm is for 'New Players' and think you are entitled to a free transfer simply because new people playing World of Warcraft will be coming to this server, therefore making CoA more populated? I'm not completely sure i see the logic behind this.

'New Players' is only a good thing, it brings more people to CoA and that's exactly what CoA needs. I don't think anyone would prefer our realm status was simply 'Low'
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]