Haste or Mastery - Affliction Lock PVP

90 Undead Warlock
Hi,

Hope someone can help..

I have read as much as I can and thought Mastery was the way to go with Reforges and yet I have just looked at some of the better rated Warlocks and they seem to be stacking Haste?

I am sure this has been covered, is there a Happy medium i should aim for or just go all out in one or the other?

Thanks for your help!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
well, going haste makes your dots tick more frequently, but mast increases the damage, so imo, go for whatever you feel you like best
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
haste is good for the breakpoints and the malefic grasp ticks, but it lose most of his value while you are not casting.
Mastery is a flat damage increase but the best part of it is that it applies to everyone you dot becoming far better than haste.
So since affliction damage is more multi-dot (5.4 more than now also) and haste and mastery are almost equal in single target if you can cast 24/7 i'd strongly recommend you to go mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Many thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Death Knight
haste is good for the breakpoints and the malefic grasp ticks, but it lose most of his value while you are not casting.Mastery is a flat damage increase but the best part of it is that it applies to everyone you dot becoming far better than haste.So since affliction damage is more multi-dot (5.4 more than now also) and haste and mastery are almost equal in single target if you can cast 24/7 i'd strongly recommend you to go mastery.

Well mastery is generally considered better, but that "mastery applies to everyone you dot" comment doesn't really make sense since the same can be said for haste and int. Haste also helps with instant casts as it lowers the GCD and helps you get easier fears, for which mastery does nothing. It also gives you better self healing cause of more corruption ticks, though this is pretty minor. The biggest increase you'll see from mastery is to your UA dispel damage.
I think there are valid arguements for either.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
What i meant is that the value of mastery is considerably bigger than haste or any else stats when it comes to multi-dotting because haste has a very little impact in multi-dotting apart from the dot breakpoints (Don't even care to reach corruptions ticks in terms of damage) in which instead mastery shines.
I'm always talking about damage btw.
Edited by Aelhaine on 26/07/2013 16:23 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]