Patch 5.4 - Timeless Isle Armor

90 Tauren Hunter
The Timeless Isle will allow players to obtain item level 496 and 535 gear through drops found around the island.

The items used to create the 496 armor are found all over the island in chests and dropped by mobs, similar to the items used to create armor in Battlefield: Barrens. The Burden of Eternity is a rare drop from mobs, found in the Blazing Chest, or in one of Kukuru's chests.

The item level 535 version of the gear is called "Timeless" and is obtained by using a Burden of Eternity on an item that creates armor, such as a Timeless Leather Helm.

Patch 5.4 normal difficulty gear has an item level of 553, while flex gear is 540, and raid finder gear is 528. This makes the 535 Timeless gear a nice upgrade for players that will only raid in Raid Finder difficulty and a temporary upgrade for players who will be raiding Flex difficulty. It is also an upgrade for players who are currently raiding Throne of Thunder Normal, as well as any Heroic raiders still missing a slot.

- from MMO-C. What do you think? IMO LFR gear should be higher, 13 item levels behind normal mode just like in tier 1 of MoP, so 542 ilvl.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Pandaren Shaman
What do you think? IMO LFR gear should be higher, 13 item levels behind normal mode just like in tier 1 of MoP, so 542 ilvl.

First off, thanks for sharing this info! I don't normally read MMO Champ unless there's a link to the site or a quote (I'm not bothered about recent gaming events unless I'm presented with them). My thoughts on this are that the LFR item level is alright, as in the end it won't really matter if you're progressing to Normal raiding. I say this because the next step up from LFR is Flexible Raiding, but we'll have to see how that goes before we judge.

I know this is off-topic somewhat but I need to get it off my chest anyway; What worries me is how will the next expansion look like with all the best LFR gear / Flex. raid gear? Like you start questing to 91 and it'll either be challenging thanks to your gear being equal to the quest mobs, or it'll be super easy because the enemies you'll face are MoP dungeon geared. It's also going to be quite hard to gear up through LFR in MoP due to popularity in the next expansion (I'm guessing), due to different queue times and the like.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
If lfr were that close behind normal, then flex would barely be worthwhile.

Still it means there's an even larger monty haul feeling to the ilvl increases.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
FeW
Hello wow PPL

Well i must say that i dont like how things are in timeless isle or barrens 4 that matter! Why!? U go there with fresh 90 lv toon, to collect so many mats 4 gear that aint that shine in a place where mobs are really hard to kill 4 few classes that dont have good self healing like warrior!!

On top of that there is so many horde/ally noobs who find it more fun to kill other players then mobs around, so that means a lot of dieing and 4 many casual players like my self that aint fun at all!! Mobs on Timeless isle are way to hard and there are just too many of them in some areas, so collecting low lv gear makes no sense, when even a good geared players will have trouble of staying alive with even one mob on them!! The worst part of horde ally ppl on one spot acting like noobs and getting every oportunity to kill other players is not good!! Why cant anyone who wants a duel to ask 4 that, but noo they just jump straight in to fight when u are having worse time fighting a hard mob, so now u have to deal with noob who finds very amusing to kill u when u have half or less hp and u strugle to stay alive!?!? I mean i saw some good things on timeless isle and it can be fun, but overall with hard hiting mobs and noobs on one place makes u wanna spend less time there and not more!!!

And one more thing that i dont like since 5.3 is that mats that u need 4 bs items is that u HAVE to go to NORM TOT raids to get gear that u DONT need, so u can disenchant it and what worse u need a lot of them making raids MANDATORY if u wanna make ur self some bs gear!!! Whats worse is that by the time u collet mats 4 one item, u ll prob get even better from that same raids u attend for collecting mats!!! Why cant blizz lower the cost of that special mats 4 making bs items and make them more obtainable to casual pp as well!?!??

I know that blizz staff read this forums, but somehow its not how it feels when u post something in here!! :( I wonder if they ask them self why ppl leaving wow and i think that things like poor gear ona hard places and hard obtainable mats plus soooo many rube people gives a few good reasons to quit wow!!!

Blizz most of ppl are not PRO's and many, so many ppl WORK, so having hard time in the game is not relaxing and fun with a good game after hard days work!!!

And whats with "That being said....." line!?!?
Reply Quote
12 Night Elf Druid
We don't know yet which item slots do drop there, it could be that its just a head piece, or a ring etc.

I doubt that they add a whole zone that lets you outgear raid content, even if its only the first "difficulty".

It would also make Flexi redundant and everyone just starts at normal + it makes normal even easier and that will make raiding as a whole less interesting, unless you do HC.

On the other hand, by adding VP items with 522, they gave normal raiders the chance to outgear tot as well, so .... I don't know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Hello wow PPL

Well i must say that i dont like how things are in timeless isle or barrens 4 that matter! Why!? U go there with fresh 90 lv toon, to collect so many mats 4 gear that aint that shine in a place where mobs are really hard to kill 4 few classes that dont have good self healing like warrior!!

On top of that there is so many horde/ally noobs who find it more fun to kill other players then mobs around, so that means a lot of dieing and 4 many casual players like my self that aint fun at all!! Mobs on Timeless isle are way to hard and there are just too many of them in some areas, so collecting low lv gear makes no sense, when even a good geared players will have trouble of staying alive with even one mob on them!! The worst part of horde ally ppl on one spot acting like noobs and getting every oportunity to kill other players is not good!! Why cant anyone who wants a duel to ask 4 that, but noo they just jump straight in to fight when u are having worse time fighting a hard mob, so now u have to deal with noob who finds very amusing to kill u when u have half or less hp and u strugle to stay alive!?!? I mean i saw some good things on timeless isle and it can be fun, but overall with hard hiting mobs and noobs on one place makes u wanna spend less time there and not more!!!

And one more thing that i dont like since 5.3 is that mats that u need 4 bs items is that u HAVE to go to NORM TOT raids to get gear that u DONT need, so u can disenchant it and what worse u need a lot of them making raids MANDATORY if u wanna make ur self some bs gear!!! Whats worse is that by the time u collet mats 4 one item, u ll prob get even better from that same raids u attend for collecting mats!!! Why cant blizz lower the cost of that special mats 4 making bs items and make them more obtainable to casual pp as well!?!??

I know that blizz staff read this forums, but somehow its not how it feels when u post something in here!! :( I wonder if they ask them self why ppl leaving wow and i think that things like poor gear ona hard places and hard obtainable mats plus soooo many rube people gives a few good reasons to quit wow!!!

Blizz most of ppl are not PRO's and many, so many ppl WORK, so having hard time in the game is not relaxing and fun with a good game after hard days work!!!

And whats with "That being said....." line!?!?

This post is a parody of entitled people right?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
What do you think? IMO LFR gear should be higher

I think LFR should drop blue gear.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Can anybody confirm that the BOA armour is staying BOA?

Especially the garrosh items
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I think LFR should drop blue gear.

+1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]