Best pve spec 5.4

90 Troll Warlock
So i want your opinion on what you think will be the best pve spec in 5.4. And is there any chance that destro will be buffed?

- Dotterzz
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I am still hoping for Destruction to be buffed but unfortunately it seems like Demonology will reign again.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Same here hope destro gets buffed
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Other than buff i really want something more for Destru , really add a more few skills to rotation to make it more exciting , its boring as !@#$ to a lot of people right now ...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I just hope they fix the ember generation.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Demo/Affliction
Who knows? They may buff destro
But the most logic thing for them would be to nerf demo, why? "cuz its mandatory"
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Demo's not mandatory. Both demo and affli put out very good numbers when played properly.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
demo was never mandatory in 5.3. in 5.4 afflic is looking very strong as a lot of its weaknesses are being buffed and their multidotting ability gets buffs as well and the change to soul swap will save so many soul shards that will instead be used on keeping haunt up. all in all afflic looks like it will by far be the best all-round spec right now.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
One major problem they need to fix with Affliction, is that whereas Haunt used to be an added bonus, something you used for extra damage, it'll be the opposite in 5.4. If you don't have Haunt available, you're losing damage - it's no longer a bonus, it's a requirement, a fixed part of the rotation. As such the headroom for extra damage just got much lower, and I fear this may be a 'cap' to how well the spec can scale.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Demo will reign most of the raid, still have to test myself if destruction will have a niche in SoO but i'm looking forward the next patch notes for it. I'm pretty confident in a future fix at the spec for the next tier.
And on an off-topic, I'm the only one to think that destro has actually an higher skill-cap with the proper usage of embers and ember generation tools than the roulette of proc spec that is affliction?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
What's hard about knowing to spend embers during trinket procs? :P I mean, if you're low on embers you know to work for them, and if you're high you're looking to spend during trinket procs and/or cds or other gimmicky things. Affli isn't hard, I'll agree, but neither is destro.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Demo will reign most of the raid, still have to test myself if destruction will have a niche in SoO but i'm looking forward the next patch notes for it. I'm pretty confident in a future fix at the spec for the next tier.
And on an off-topic, I'm the only one to think that destro has actually an higher skill-cap with the proper usage of embers and ember generation tools than the roulette of proc spec that is affliction?

i highly doubt demo will reign the same way it did this tier, bcoz they are basically removing the usefullness of the UVLS trinket, so you'll need to focus on more different stats than other specs. needing close to mage level crit chances most likely, where they can focus on just 2, i personally think afflic will reign supreme with all the change to it, their multidotting will be a lot stronger, and their ability to multidot will be a lot more shard friendly as they can simply use soul swap without loosing buffs and all the lvl 90 talents will be very very good for afflic.
Edited by Almara on 04/08/2013 17:55 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
The corruption change is not shard friendly at all, and so multi-dotting will only bring damage, and the soul swap change is really nice.
They are not removing the uvls usefulness at all, they just removed everlasting affliction so we get 2 minutes doom instead of 3 now, but it was not required at all, only a glyph to protect us against a bad streak of procs and to shine in council style fights for the same reason.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
The corruption change is not shard friendly at all, and so multi-dotting will only bring damage, and the soul swap change is really nice.
They are not removing the uvls usefulness at all, they just removed everlasting affliction so we get 2 minutes doom instead of 3 now, but it was not required at all, only a glyph to protect us against a bad streak of procs and to shine in council style fights for the same reason.

no, it was 135 sec doom b4, it will be a 90 sec doom now making it virtually impossible to keep a 100% crit doom up unless you can maintain a 4,66% uptime, which you cant on anything short of a heroic or heroic thunderforged UVLS and even then you'll be lucky to get the procs needed.

and when i said shard friendly i meant you dont need to spend any shards at all to multidot, ofc the nightfal change will be annoying on multitargets but you wont really be using shards to spread your dots around and it will be pretty damn sweet on single target.
Edited by Almara on 04/08/2013 18:31 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]