Epic isnt epic

100 Orc Death Knight
Heroics need to drop blues, be harder. LFR should be removed. Pugging should be encouraged and not using an automatic system.
Reply Quote
I'm not particularly worried about it, but I wouldn't mind seeing LFR gear being blue. Keep raid gear and rated PVP Gear epic, and make dungeon/lfr and honor gear blue.

As long as the stats stay the same i dont even care if they made them white, What a load of bull**** over some ones and zeros inside a computer. WoW is a nice game but this whole discussion should stop. Its leading nowhere.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I completely agree. I miss standing on the top of Orgrimmar bank and show off my gear. People would ask how did you get this , how how how ...
I miss helping other players to get their gear , i miss raid being hard , i miss explaining tactics and watch them as i told them , i miss having ashes of alar was actually EPIC thing , i miss farming 15 days to get artisan riding , i miss SW raids done with 80 people ..

So much nostalgia that it hurts. also , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3DHdIMMa9g
Edited by Wone on 01/08/2013 15:33 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/08/2013 15:24Posted by Hornswaggle
LFR should be removed.

I got an idea to make this statement have some spine to it why not stop using it yourself first as protest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Raiders tend to discuss gear not as EPIC as they all are by LFR, normal or heroic. The epicness is in the kill not in the loot, thats just a badge of honour where normal is expected HC raises an eyebrow and LFR means you can breathe.

You could have quite possibly cleared Hc and never had a drop so would that mean you are a failure.

As for 25 man having more epic items don't make me laught. Have done 10 and 25 and 25 was faceroll by comparison. Just because its hard to keep 25 roster dont mean drops should be higher level.

tbh a legendry has never felt legendry - just the end of a darn hard grind.

At the end of the day these threads are about oh look at me - get a rare pet :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I am done here because apparently some people are not able to understand point of this thread.

Indeed, same as me. Everyone think it's about snowflakes wanting to be special. I couldn't care less about that.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I haven‘t done LFR for 2 months and counting.
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
Yes, but when they are of EQUAL itemlevel, the quality represents the strength... It's not like Vanilla epics are better then MoP greens, because MoP greens are higher itemlevel.

Congratulations, you missed my point completely.

These are two Mists of Pandaria items which both require level 85 and one is of a much higher iLevel than the other, most would expect that to be the Purple one not the Blue one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/08/2013 15:49Posted by Thrashin
I am done here because apparently some people are not able to understand point of this thread.

Indeed, same as me. Everyone think it's about snowflakes wanting to be special. I couldn't care less about that.

well its not. i mentioned having artifact items on heroic raids - i sure as hell would never see one myself! but it would add something to aim for. thats not being a special snowflake thats wanting to bring back the epic feeling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
well its not. i mentioned having artifact items on heroic raids - i sure as hell would never see one myself! but it would add something to aim for. thats not being a special snowflake thats wanting to bring back the epic feeling.

Did you even read what I wrotte before that? I'm exactly defending that in case you didn't notice, thing is people think that's not what we are after. They think it's about to be "hey look at me i has pruplezzz"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/08/2013 16:23Posted by Thrashin

Did you even read what I wrotte before that? I'm exactly defending that in case you didn't notice, thing is people think that's not what we are after. They think it's about to be "hey look at me i has pruplezzz"

well yeah thats what i meant. i was saying i agree with you guys and that SOME people here know what you mean
Reply Quote
Community
01/08/2013 09:24Posted by Yme
That little green tag which says "Heroic" is the new epic. Purple is just the new blue.

I kind of agree. I’m wondering… do you guys feel that if the green “heroic” or maybe even the thunderforged tag could be transformed into something else instead? Let’s say for example… something more like Hearthstone’s golden border around the cards. Would that make those items feel more appealing and rewarding to you?
Personally I imagine it would, since that gear would be much more noticeable whenever you would inspect someone.

I suppose it should really work like this, the top 5-10% of iLevel gear of any single expansion should be Epic. This should be dynamic and change gear from Epic to Rare when the next tier comes out.

Same goal, but a different and very interesting approach. I wonder what most would prefer…

Let us hear about all your crazy ideas. Nothing is too crazy!
I’m all for brainstorming on the forums, sometimes really good ideas can come up from these discussions, and devs do pay quite a lot of attention to feedback and suggestions, so you never know…

01/08/2013 11:04Posted by Dottie
You did see the items I linked, right? Same level Blue is much more powerful? When I mentioned them in the last thread about this I got shot down with people saying I was an idiot as they aren't the same as they drop in different areas.

I did and you have a good point, but I think that's the exception to the rule.
You could say the same thing about comparing last expansion’s epic items to MoP’s greens and blues.

In general, dungeon/raid items from the same expansion have a linear association between ilvl and colour.
The issue is that above a certain ilvl, everything will be purple, which ends up making purple more “common” than blues later into an expansion since it will be much harder to find someone wearing blues than purples at that stage.

*Keep in mind that there are currently no plans that I know of to change the way these tags are displayed, this is intended as merely a gathering of suggestions and feedback.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I completely agree. I miss standing on the top of Orgrimmar bank and show off my gear. People would ask how did you get this , how how how ...
I miss helping other players to get their gear , i miss raid being hard , i miss explaining tactics and watch them as i told them , i miss having ashes of alar was actually EPIC thing , i miss farming 15 days to get artisan riding , i miss SW raids done with 80 people ..

Get some Heroic Thunderforged stuff and you'll find people will comment on and be impressed by it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
*Keep in mind that there are currently no plans that I know of to change the way these tags are displayed, this is intended as merely a gathering of suggestions and feedback.

Well it's good to know our feedback is apreciated. Thanks for your response!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Reducing LFR gear to blue wouldn’t make a big difference, there’s plenty of other sources of high ilvl gear that would need to be changed to blue, and even if we did that and only normal + heroic would drop epics, we would never have the same level of rarity as in the old days, content is just so much more diverse, more regularly updated and players are way more skilled.

An idea I had would be to make thunderforged drops have a different color, since they're just about on the right level of rarity to make them feel special and powerful.

Ideally, we'd have a progression of four different colors (Normal, Normal TF, Heroic, Heroic TF) like on wowprogress, but failing that, a new color in between purple and orange to denote TF items would work out fine. (Especially now that orange basically means ‘quest item’)

Edit: Apologies if this has been mentioned before.
Edited by Nanochan on 01/08/2013 16:39 BST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
01/08/2013 16:38Posted by Nanochan
Reducing LFR gear to blue wouldn’t make a big difference, there’s plenty of other sources of high ilvl gear that would need to be changed to blue, and even if we did that and only normal + heroic would drop epics, we would never have the same level of rarity as in the old days, content is just so much more diverse, more regularly updated and players are way more skilled.

An idea I had would be to make thunderforged drops have a different color, since they're just about on the right level of rarity to make them feel special and powerful.

Ideally, we'd have a progression of four different colors (Normal, Normal TF, Heroic, Heroic TF) like on wowprogress, but failing that, a new color in between purple and orange to denote TF items would work out fine. (Especially now that orange basically means ‘quest item’)

Edit: Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

Don't think it's needed. People who care know what it means. People who don't aren't the kind that will care regardless of how you try to emphasise its awesomeness.

Think that's the problem the OP has. They want people to care, who just don't.
Edited by Jessicka on 01/08/2013 16:44 BST
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
You could say the same thing about comparing last expansion’s epic items to MoP’s greens and blues.

I do understand about that and abuse it as much as I can, but they are not from differing expansions but the same one, MoP. One drops from a Rare in Jade forest and the other is an instance drop if I remember. I'm sure I could find other 450 blues and 424 epics from MoP. I know there are other caster staves, daggers and such.

I always thought quality meant rarity, which meant that items for the same character level (not iLevel) and expansion went Grey, White, Green, Blue (=Gold/Yellow) , Purple, Orange.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

It has just been mentioned above by Taepsilum. At least it kinda felt that way.

I think that's a move on the right direction yes. Epic gear shouldn't be named "Epic" imo as it doesn't resemble that word. Maybe only that colour gear (Heroic gear that is) should've have that name.
Edited by Thrashin on 01/08/2013 16:46 BST
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warlock
Just add a different color, I doubt many care about anything but ilvl and budget anyways
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
01/08/2013 16:45Posted by Thrashin
Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

It has just been mentioned above by Taepsilum. At least it kinda felt that way.

I think that's a move on the right direction yes. Epic gear shouldn't be named "Epic" imo as it doesn't resemble that word. Maybe only that colour gear (Heroic gear that is) should've have that name.

I'm not too persistent on the distinction between normal and heroic, personally. Especially since heroic mode items aren't inherently ‘rarer’ than normal mode items, it just depends on which level of progression you're currently in. Sure, more people might be in normal mode overall, but to the individual player, I don't think that makes it feel less rewarding.

The TF mechanic is something that's shared by both normal and heroic mode loot, which makes it an ideal candidate for receiving special-rarity status.

In addition to making players feel better when receiving one or watching a friend receive one, it may also in turn help boost 25-man raiding a bit.

(Concerning Taepsilum's post, as I interpreted it, he meant to keep the gear itself purple but add more visible indication of its TF/heroic status)
Edited by Nanochan on 01/08/2013 16:50 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]