Green fire boss not impossible?

90 Undead Warlock
Hey forum,

I'm struggling aswell, mostly due to positioning and the felhunters dispelling enslave eventhough I put him away in a corner. I play demonology mostly in general and my question is, does anyone know a good tutorial / guide on demo kill? I think dots will improve my performance as I have time to position myself better because I'm not constantly having to keep on casting (and yes I know there's still a rotation with shadowbolt etc) but still. My best attempt was downing him till 60% and dying on the doomguard (what am I supposed to do there anyway?)

TLDR: I suck at positioning and was wondering if there are any demo guides for the kill.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
ive proven to myself its possible even on lower level 470 ish ilvl gear.
its all about tactics heavly relies on that and the hardest part of the whole fight is the second fel hunter stage. if u msg me in game somehow i can help peace out
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
if you just wanna get it over with, I could recommend this video, its destro, but it makes it all so much easier, unless you are too used to kjc ^^ then itll take some time to get used to, but this tactic surely made me get him down at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGAsytx4oMs
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
i used kjc and highly recommend this in destructo =]
Reply Quote
Go destro, seriously just do it. You need the execute and the ability to build burning embers extremely fast for dps. Demo only does aoe burst here, which is not needed.
And the felhunters propably dispel it because they get aggro on him, as destro you can just set a couple of rofs on the portal and they'll be on you.

What I did with the felhunters was put my pitlord behind the portal pillar stand on the other pillar, I put havoc on one, started casting chaos bolt on one, mid cast I used pit lords charge and boom 1 was dead and the other in execute range. Then I just nukes the last one. Also you don't do anything else to the imps than put aoe immolate on them for the heals and use rof to build embers, then have your pit lord kill them with breath.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Warrior

Now go prove it as demo

it`s quite funny how narrow minded people are, the OP comes here saying "I WANT TO DO IT AS DEMONOLOGY" and all replies were "go destro"

Regarding position it should be about the same, just find an effective way to kill the felhunters quick.
Edited by Gannet on 06/08/2013 11:44 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
06/08/2013 11:37Posted by Gannet

Now go prove it as demo

it`s quite funny how narrow minded people are, the OP comes here saying "I WANT TO DO IT AS DEMONOLOGY" and all replies were "go destro"

Regarding position it should be about the same, just find an effective way to kill the felhunters quick.

It's because you will need better gear to do it as demo, why do you think it's green fire and affects fire spells? Because it's primarily a destruction reward. Therefore it also makes sense to do it in destruction as it's made with that playstyle in mind

Anyway

Hey forum,

I'm struggling aswell, mostly due to positioning and the felhunters dispelling enslave eventhough I put him away in a corner. I play demonology mostly in general and my question is, does anyone know a good tutorial / guide on demo kill? I think dots will improve my performance as I have time to position myself better because I'm not constantly having to keep on casting (and yes I know there's still a rotation with shadowbolt etc) but still. My best attempt was downing him till 60% and dying on the doomguard (what am I supposed to do there anyway?)

TLDR: I suck at positioning and was wondering if there are any demo guides for the kill.

If you're losing your enslave it's most likely because it's running out, you don't have to place him perfectly in the corner, just have him out of LoS from the felhunters which you can do easily by sending him in one corner, get the felhunter aggro and move to the opposite corner.
Edited by Karetus on 06/08/2013 13:10 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Shameless self-plug: If you have 490+ ilvl, I have a set of tactics that might be easier than what people usually go with. For instance, it tries to avoid Chaos Bolt even being cast, requiring almost no positioning.

You can find it at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7391319790
Edited by Aryun on 06/08/2013 21:25 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]