Siege of Orgrimmar cross realm?

Sorry if I missed a thread for this anywhere.

Alot of my friends are considering coming back to try the new raid, the issue being we're scattered across the Server-verse that is WoW. Will we be able to group up and enter the same Siege of Orgimmar in 5.4 via real-ID? Or is that a dream still out of grasp.

Thanks for any replies! <3
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
So far, current tier is not possible to raid crossrealm on normal or heroic difficulty no. LFR is, and if I'm not mistaken, flex raid will be available crossrealm as well. Not sure if virtual zones will make it to 5.4, but it'll be some sort of realm merging.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
and if I'm not mistaken, flex raid will be available crossrealm as well

Flex Raid will be indeed Cross-Realm.

Virtual Realms (now called Connected Realms) are a major 5.4 feature and will let you 'Cross-Realm' current tier raids in the same Connected Realm
Edited by Akuru on 19/08/2013 17:00 BST
Reply Quote
87 Troll Rogue
Problem is that there is no ETA on connected realms, just "some time after 5.4"...

I wouldnt be surprised if we dont even get to see it in MoP.

It might just be another scam from blizzard in order to get people on low pop realms to renew their subs. Just like they have "been working on a solution to low pop realms" for years... More false hope.

It sounds like a scam, no doubt, if they promised it from release of 5.4 then it would be a different story, just saying "some time after 5.4", could potentially be a VERY long time.
Edited by Uld on 19/08/2013 17:09 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Problem is that there is no ETA on connected realms, just "some time after 5.4"...

Connected Realms are a major part of 5.4 as I mentioned above. It's in the patch notes, Blizzard are happy with it and it'll be adjusted along the way so Realms feel as populated as possible.

No need to ramble on about this scam nonsense because you're personally suspicious about it for whatever reason.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Rogue
You are wrong, its not there from release, like i said there is NO ETA on connected realms. The official statement is that it will be implemented "some time after 5.4 hits".

Who knows when that might be.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
19/08/2013 17:25Posted by Uld
You are wrong, its not there from release, like i said there is NO ETA on connected realms.

Ah yeah my bad. I misread something ^^

Anyhow the realms in the PTR are currently Connected together, so we know it works. But I'm sure you know how bad it'd be for Blizzard if they lied about one of the major features right? They won't lie about it, not after all this info + even putting it in the patch notes.
Edited by Akuru on 19/08/2013 17:50 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong...

but since 4.3.2 you can create a cross-realm raid so long as you know their realID (battle.net ID)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4270420

and openraid has ToT raids on it (which, as of 20th August, is still current content)
http://openraid.us/events/view/120477
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong...

And you won't be disappointed in that certainty!

and openraid has ToT raids on it (which, as of 20th August, is still current content)

You're only seeing ToT events on your own realm. Or at any rate, it won't let you sign up for them with an offrealm character.
Edited by Clappetite on 20/08/2013 13:02 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]