How much spirit for progression 5.4?

90 Pandaren Priest
Hi!

I have a simple question, but i guess the answer is not as simple :) So i hope we priests can discuss a bit around it.

Im gonna raid 10-man in 5.4, probably with three healers. A Druid, a shammy and me. We are in a pretty avarage guild, the shammy and druid are good healers with good output.

How much spirit would you go with in 5.4 progression as a Disc priest? I have not the mana meta gem or any mana trinkets, just a spirit-trinket. Whould you go with more spirit for a safe mana regen or less spirit for higher output?

Im running with ~11k spirit and have plenty in ToT normal. Running a bit low in the end on Magaera if i pop SS on every rampage.

Any thought? More or less spirit in progression?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It depends for every player, so my answer would be "what you feel most comfortable with" if you feel you are struggling on most fight then try adding more spirit, or alter your rotation a bit to prioritize higher mana spells more spread out.

I believe most disc priest feel comfortable with betwen 10k-15k combat regen, if you have that one trinket of Throne of Thunder, that can give mana upon using healing spells should resort you to gem for less spirit. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Firstly id advice you to get rid of your spirit trinket and buy the shado pan one or try get the horridon one. If you feel you are low after that just gem/ench more spirit. But generally int trinket with mana regen is better then pure spirit.

Secondly can i ask why you use a dps trinket? These can be good when someone is heavy atonement styled players. But then you shouldnt have any problems with mana and you´d have way to much.

Lastly like said, nobody can really tell you how much spirit you need. It depense on playstyle, raid team (other healers) and bosses. I´d say run with what you got now and if you find yourself getting to low add more.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The DPS-trinket is from some months ago when i was, as you mention, playing a heavy Atonement disc. But that was just plain boring, so im in the change to more "normal" disc healing. I have tried for the Horridon one for some time, but it just won't drop :)

I was also thinking about a int trinket to get mot output, might finaly swap the 489 one :) Trinkets haven't been my triend this expansion :)

I'll check out the Shado pan healing version, butt i'l wait until patch and see if the cost drops :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Qin-zi's is a very good trinket, even now. Swap out the 522 DPS trinket for the 522 healing trinket, and then when you get Horridon's Last Gasp you can choose which one you want to swap out. Unless you get the HC Qin-xi's by then though, then you'll be swapping that one out.

As for your question on how much spirit I'll be running, it's really going to change on a fight to fight basis. Chances are I'm going to be running 7-11k on most fights, the lower the spirit gets the more I'll be smiting for those DPS requirements. :P
Edited by Siorray on 27/08/2013 12:00 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Megaera trinket is also not to be tossed.Granted, it's not that good now for disc(feels redundant), but on a heavy healing progression fight it will make a difference.It's like a go to trinket when you get to a fight considerably more stressful(in a sustained way) then you're used to(like progressing on hc primordius or twins in 2 heal combo).
Many people probably consider it bad because its absorbs are not counted in recount, but they are there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
i still think a +int trinket pluss a proc/use is better than the absorb trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
But what I more wanted to ask, are if you go with more spirit while progressing? Or less for higher output?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
i still think a +int trinket pluss a proc/use is better than the absorb trinket.

It is. The Megaera trinket is beyond awful (as is the Primordius trinket).

But what I more wanted to ask, are if you go with more spirit while progressing? Or less for higher output?

As I said, it's going to change on a fight to fight basis. Some fights require higher throughput/more longevity that others.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]