Enhancement vs elemental in 5.4

90 Pandaren Shaman
Haven't been on the ptr to try things out so im wondering which specc will shine the most in pve and pvp in the next patch?
The stormstrike nerf doesn't sit well with me :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Shaman - shine? You see how this sentence already doesn't make sense? We're never gonna shine
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
This thread disgusts me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Shaman - shine? You see how this sentence already doesn't make sense? We're never gonna shine

xD?

This thread disgusts me.

Why?

How dare someone want to compare 2 specs or?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
06/09/2013 20:08Posted by Tornadó

xD?

This thread disgusts me.

Why?

How dare someone want to compare 2 specs or?

Two completely different playstyles you'd get a better comparison for enhance to a rogue/dw frost dk or ele shammy destro lock than comparing us against eachother.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So im wrong in comparing their dps to each other in pve? or what?
Dont see why that is a big deal to compare their dps in PVE and if any of those speccs preforms better then the other in pvp since im currently not into pvp but would like to get started with it

So instead of just calling the whole thread disgusting, say something constructive instead

Now is there anyone with a proper answer to my questions or is it still to early to ask about this? :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
07/09/2013 00:57Posted by Riiw
Dont see why that is a big deal to compare their dps in PVE

Because the specs are nothing alike eachother. They excell at different fights.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Dont see why that is a big deal to compare their dps in PVE

Because the specs are nothing alike eachother. They excell at different fights.

Any idea which specc will be the better at the most fights in SoO or are they pretty balanced?
Edited by Riiw on 07/09/2013 11:28 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Wait.

Then Sim.

I can't contemplate why this is so difficult. It's like you want everyone to test both specs for you and then give you their findings - that's pretty much babysitting and laziness. No-one has a crystal ball either and has tested what every single encounter is going to be like. Naturally if it's movement orientated Enhancement is boned - the same way it has always been.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Wait.

Then Sim.

I can't contemplate why this is so difficult. It's like you want everyone to test both specs for you and then give you their findings - that's pretty much babysitting and laziness. No-one has a crystal ball either and has tested what every single encounter is going to be like. Naturally if it's movement orientated Enhancement is boned - the same way it has always been.

Because at the time i made the thread i could not find any sims done for 5.4 which is why i asked here if anyone knew or tried them out themself at the ptr, why is that such a big deal?

Am i not allowed to ask other players if they have found any information about the speccs in 5.4 when i had no luck doing so?
I mean cmon why are people so much butthurt about me asking a simple question and possibly open up for a discussion about how the speccs preforms in the 5.4?

What i wanted to know is if anyone that has been trying PTR out has any information on which speccs that currently pulls ahead in the dps and in the new encounters but for asking this im apparently stupid

My god is the community really this terrible nowdays that they bash on people for asking questions?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Why is OP coming here asking stupid questions?
The people on this forum work with patch notes, so should you.

So by reading patch notes im supposed to know the exact ingame results and how they will handle the new content?
Or is there something else you are trying to say ?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
im sticking too my usual answer here.... the spec thats best is the spec you like too play the most.

i dont like playing casters, so i know i will suck playing 1 and wont give my 100% when playing 1
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
@Riiw: Offtopic: Actually, that's how the community around here is. If you don't agree, everyone trashes you. I can't say anything about your question, sadly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
08/09/2013 23:22Posted by Segundas
@Riiw: Offtopic: Actually, that's how the community around here is. If you don't agree, everyone trashes you. I can't say anything about your question, sadly.

You must not have been here long then.

On topic: The question has too many variables to be able to answer properly. They are also very different.
Edited by Masztaar on 09/09/2013 03:50 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I usually would compare specs to other specs that share their role aka raid spot. Atm enhancement shines in tank & spank, with little movement and doesn't do very well in aoe. Elemental does well with movement and cleaves like a mthrfckr, single target is okayish. (Nova buff didn't rly fix enhancements core problems when it comes to aoe). You can look at the encounters yourself and think which spec would do better on w/e fight.
Overall I find this question stupid, but there you go.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/09/2013 03:35Posted by Masztaar

You must not have been here long then.

On topic: The question has too many variables to be able to answer properly. They are also very different.

That i can understand after reading it threw again and i appreciate a proper answer instead of the insults from you :)

I usually would compare specs to other specs that share their role aka raid spot. Atm enhancement shines in tank & spank, with little movement and doesn't do very well in aoe. Elemental does well with movement and cleaves like a mthrfckr, single target is okayish. (Nova buff didn't rly fix enhancements core problems when it comes to aoe). You can look at the encounters yourself and think which spec would do better on w/e fight.
Overall I find this question stupid, but there you go.

Yeah will check the fights out and see how things look, cheers for a proper answer :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/09/2013 14:01Posted by Riiw
That i can understand after reading it threw again and i appreciate a proper answer instead of the insults from you :)

Oh I never try to be insulting on purpose unless something calls for it, I understood what you were asking here but it's a very broad question to reply to with a basic X is stronger than Y response, especially since both PvE and PvP was in OP.

PvP wise I have to say that it looks and feels fairly equal on the PTR so far. The increase in base resilience and nerf to echo makes Elemental a tad more predictable to deal with, and Enhance feels more robust while also (sadly for many) having to utilize Elemental Blast in order to be able to reach any heights.

I don't know much about PvE at all this expansion but I've checked the encounters from SoO and it looks as if they will all be very different from oneanother. Meaning that Ele will most likely outshine Enhance in some encounters just as hard as Enhance does Ele in others.

Basically it looks as if the spec you are the most comfortable playing is going to serve you better than trying to dissect wich one has the best theoretical.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/09/2013 21:13Posted by Masztaar

Oh I never try to be insulting on purpose unless something calls for it, I understood what you were asking here but it's a very broad question to reply to with a basic X is stronger than Y response, especially since both PvE and PvP was in OP.

PvP wise I have to say that it looks and feels fairly equal on the PTR so far. The increase in base resilience and nerf to echo makes Elemental a tad more predictable to deal with, and Enhance feels more robust while also (sadly for many) having to utilize Elemental Blast in order to be able to reach any heights.

I don't know much about PvE at all this expansion but I've checked the encounters from SoO and it looks as if they will all be very different from oneanother. Meaning that Ele will most likely outshine Enhance in some encounters just as hard as Enhance does Ele in others.

Basically it looks as if the spec you are the most comfortable playing is going to serve you better than trying to dissect wich one has the best theoretical.

Yeah from what i've seen they look pretty even so unless there is a huge difference in how good they will preform this patch i will probably stick to enhancement since its the specc i got the most gear for and it is the specc i prefer to pvp with
Cheers for you answer though :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ele wins hands down, always.......

THEY ARE, THEY JUST ARE!

But honestly if you like chasing targets go Enhancement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]