patch 5.4...what patch?

90 Night Elf Druid
So far the lamest patch ever seen. Why launch it? There is no content. Oh forgot some laggy PvE running around lfg to cap minibosses.

GG.
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Druid
Content other than a new raid and questing area?

How about class balance and ability adjustments? Game mechanics changes?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Proving grounds
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
11/09/2013 16:45Posted by Duskhoof
a new raid

Sorry my UI says "This raid is not available yet". Of course I use the LFR tool like the vast majority of the players who raid.

questing area

It's basically the same as the 5.3 isle. Run around in circles farming rares, do some boring dailies, run around in circles looking for chests. And in a month 95% of the players will have left the island, never looking back. Just like the 5.3 isle.

class balance

They buffed hunters and didn't nerf mages, so I will assume you're trying to make a joke here.

Game mechanics changes

Such as? Is unplayable lag a new game mechanic?

Proving grounds

Severely bugged, or attuned for people in 5.4 raid gear. In either case, it's not really playable.

The OP is correct. Where is the content?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
class balance

They buffed hunters and didn't nerf mages, so I will assume you're trying to make a joke here.
[/quote]

they did nerf mages ;)
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
The content is there. So go off and get involved in it. I'm loving it so far.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
WHAT have you done to prot paladins?????????????????????
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Druid
Sorry my UI says "This raid is not available yet". Of course I use the LFR tool like the vast majority of the players who raid.

It's basically the same as the 5.3 isle. Run around in circles farming rares, do some boring dailies, run around in circles looking for chests. And in a month 95% of the players will have left the island, never looking back. Just like the 5.3 isle.

You may not personally like the changes, but you cannot claim that they do not exist.

I'm not saying that they will be popular with everyone, just pointing out the falsity of the OP's claim.

No, but Flexible raiding, proving grounds, Arena changes, as well as class-wide mechanics changes, for example, are.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
have to say i'm a bit disappointed so far, but hopefully i will get over it!
Reply Quote
42 Orc Shaman
Dissapointed also, this seems more like some kind of minor patch than end patch. Compared to end patch like ICC this is a joke.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Dissapointed also, this seems more like some kind of minor patch than end patch. Compared to end patch like ICC this is a joke.

There is more content in this patch than it was in ICC patch.
Reply Quote
There is more content in this patch than it was in ICC patch.

This

All that patch gave us was a new raid and 3 dungeons

what we have now

new raid

proveing grounds

whole new isle

new arena system

incoming server merges

major class changes that was needed

new flex raid

easier and quicker to go through the legendary quest

new pet battle features

new proff changes

heroic scenerios no longer have a item lvl limit to enter

new pvp season

ToT been nerfed by a massive 20% making it easier to boost alts through and gear up quicker for SoO

so yeah bad patch ...............to the ones moaning your all morons.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Why are you so negative? It's only day 1 of 5.4.
Reply Quote
40 Tauren Druid
Why are you so negative? It's only day 1 of 5.4.

they suffer from CWD

Compulsory Whining Disorder.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
a new raid

majority goes normal and heroic

questing area

there are no dailies idiot, full of secrets really

class balance

mages are balanced enough

Game mechanics changes

do you even know what mechanics are..?
Proving grounds

Severely bugged, or attuned for people in 5.4 raid gear. In either case, it's not really playable.

Or you just suck at this, it's easy
The OP is correct. Where is the content?
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Rogue
5.4 is a MASSIVE disappointment for me!

5.3 was an awful patch as indeed was 5.1. Now, I read somewhere that blizz had different dev teams for even(major) patches and for odd(minor) patches. 5.2 , an even patch, was brilliant - one of the best content patches in the history of WoW. (I have been playing since early vanilla).

Therefore I had high hopes for 5.4 assuming that it was the same dev team that brought us 5.2.
But, there is no content really.
Proving grounds is something that I will just dabble in, no long time interest there.
Flex raids - nice if u r a raider (I am not).
Pet battle tournament - I really looked forward to this. I have 46 level 25 battle pets. But my initial opinion is that this is too hard and unlikely to keep me coming back for more.
Arena changes - this may be good. I haven't done any arena in MoP but this will be something I will look into.
Siege of Ogrimmar - I do LFR and hopefully this will be a good raid.
But, the biggest disappointment is the Timeless Isle. Oh dear, oh dear, what have u done blizz? This is minor content and only of any use to those that have followed the legendary chain. (I have not.)

So, MoP is heading to be a bigger failure than Cata for me, despite the brilliant 5.2 patch. Blizz, take another look at the WOTLK expansion please - more of the same is required!

Time to find another MMO to play until the next WoW expansion I think. I am not quitting but I will be taking a break.

And, please don't flame me. This is MY opinion and I am entitled to it. I know some people love 5.4 and that is their opinion. However, I was looking forward to 5.4 so much, since I was bored with the WoW endgame as it was in 5.3, only to discover that 5.4 is a flop!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Proving grounds

Sorry, what?

I didn't encounter a single issue when doing bronze, silver and gold, and I am certainly not raid geared. Not tried endless-mode though.
Edited by Aylish on 11/09/2013 22:45 BST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

Sorry, what?

I didn't encounter a single issue when doing bronze, silver and gold, and I am certainly not raid geared. Not tried endless-mode though.

indeed i agree and the fact that it nerfs your gear down i dont understand where he is getting 5.4 gear from.
Reply Quote
13 Worgen Druid
WHAT have you done to prot paladins?????????????????????
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Kind of ironic how you QQ about the lack of new content when you have done barely anything worth mentioning in the past...

>1750 arena
>only LFR kills
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]