Combat or Subtlety? in 5.4. Rogues

90 Night Elf Rogue
Hello guys,
Just want to hear your thoughts about rogue spec in 5.4. Many people think that combat is getting OP as hell, but Subtlety is getting a buff aswell. So what you guys think will be more viable spec in PvP(especially Arena)?
Cheers.
Reply Quote
assasination
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Assa
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
You said especially arenas I'm guessing 3s so I would say:

Combat is really strong untill you reach about 2k after that it becomes too predictable and easy to counter for most teams. This specc is also stronger for 2s than 3s.

Assassination is the best after you reach 2k, the substained damage is huge making the pressure you can apply a great advantage, dispatch is hiting like a truck and is a functional execute once your target reaches 30%.

Sub is an all around great specc that delivers an high skill-cap so it is as good as your skill goes, with the buffs it will receive it will just be as competitive as the other two speccs but it is highly dependable on dance to apply great pressure as usual.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Lol and i thought combat was best spec, but thats hardest to play and all scrubs playing assa cause combat was too str0nk?
Reply Quote
Lol and i thought combat was best spec, but thats hardest to play and all scrubs playing assa cause combat was too str0nk?

All scrubs play BM hunter and faceroll to 2.2k being carried by class and actually belive they are skilled.

Rogue has a million times higher skill cap compared to hunters, l2p.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Combat.
Watch Reckful's 5.4 ptr combat rogue 3v3 games.He's literally oneshotting healers with killing spree.And 8 sec stun.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Subtlety till the end. Its just the spec I love. Assassination might be better, but it doesnt suit my style.
Reply Quote
Combat.
Watch Reckful's 5.4 ptr combat rogue 3v3 games.He's literally oneshotting healers with killing spree.And 8 sec stun.....

yea but outside of cds the dmg is rly low
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Subtlety till the end. Its just the spec I love. Assassination might be better, but it doesnt suit my style.

This, both other specs are incredibly boring.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
06/09/2013 13:14Posted by Tabz

This, both other specs are incredibly boring.

This, Assassin is like a monkey press button spec, i use for PvE so i can semi afk watching p~}n and still come high on the tables.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This, Assassin is like a monkey press button spec, i use for PvE so i can semi afk watching p~}n and still come high on the tables.

phahaha +1 :p
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Though being abit boring, I think assa will perform good in 3s next patch against most comps. Just because 2 other are so CD focused to do anything else but peel and cc for the rest of your team, while waiting cds to come up. And the sustained dmg is very high on assa.

What comes to combat, been trying it out on PTR and its a clumsy one trick pony(enha shaman comes to mind). With CD´s up you can literally kill someone in seconds in right situation. If you dont kill the target...well then you spend the next minutes running around doing mediocre dmg.

Sub would be great if it werent for that clunky energy regen shenanigan, that they cant just implement on the build, but going for that same old "hey heres a MAJOR glyph to fix !@#$ in pvp" bs.
Edited by Díabolita on 06/09/2013 17:54 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Combat is not a PvP spec. It lacks too many of the vitals of rogue PvP.

It is a one trick pony. Once KS is on cooldown you can't really do any damage.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
Play Smooth...

...Play Subtlety
Edited by Vinya on 06/09/2013 18:03 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
"Play a subtlety rogue! The positional requirements, low mobility, susceptibility to slows and total dependence on Ambush makes the class a blast to play even with high latency! "

Play Smooth...

...Play Subtlety

Sry man:P. Just had to.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
dont listen to these 1550 idiots , ppl r to stupid to play sub so they play assas and comfort themselves, if it aint sub it aint good in 3s , assas is useless combat is fun but useless, shadow dance is everything , peels , cc, so the sooner u go sub the sooner ull do urself a favor , and for all of u saying assas is good for arena , out of 500 glad rogues , 500 r sub , out of all the rogues above 2.2k all play sub as mainspecc, if ur to stupid to play sub dont tell ppl assas is better just cause u cant play sub
Reply Quote
dont listen to these 1550 idiots , ppl r to stupid to play sub so they play assas and comfort themselves, if it aint sub it aint good in 3s , assas is useless combat is fun but useless, shadow dance is everything , peels , cc, so the sooner u go sub the sooner ull do urself a favor , and for all of u saying assas is good for arena , out of 500 glad rogues , 500 r sub , out of all the rogues above 2.2k all play sub as mainspecc, if ur to stupid to play sub dont tell ppl assas is better just cause u cant play sub

lol are u a 10 yrs old kid or something, calling ppl idiots because they prefer a spec over another? sub is more annoying then hard, and assas has good sustained dmg plus great burst aswell its a very good spec, combat aswell, all 3 specs are viable for pvp if u know how to play
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
combat it`s worst in pve
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
assa rogue since tbc !

mutilate ftw
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]