Bloody Coins

90 Human Warlock
Just throwing a suggestion out there:
Maybe make it so you need a couple of more HK's per Bloody Coin?

Yeah, or make it so you have a 33% chance on a coin for an HK.

12/09/2013 21:53Posted by Doyoubelieve
This is so true. Those Bloody Coins don't encourage players to group up, as the class/spec with the best finish off (destruction locks have a great finish-off) gets the coin. Stupid!
I doubt it was intended, why should blizzard encourage singleplayer PvP? Seems a little off-putting to me.

True, this is some bad game design if you ask me.
Edited by Falaena on 12/09/2013 21:58 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Blue post plox?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
Lol, as much as I dislike this idea of ganking people who are doing their thing on the Isle, OP is obviously right, how come that did got through the PTR? Last thing we need is discouraging people from healing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Zarhym ‏@CM_Zarhym 4m
.@PooForAfrica420 Yes. Bloody Coins are rare & not entirely for groups. No good way to tie em to HK due to tech limits & w/o oversaturating.

Well, got the answer.

source: twitter @CM_Zarhym
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Tech limits? Lol, I'm not that good at programming yet, but they could easily make a script in which has a 33% chance on an HK to get a Bloody Coin.

Also, remove coins and/or items from those who exploited to get them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You're perfecty capable of getting tons of KB's, due to Shadow Word Death, Smite and Penance.

Oh yeah, have you heard of this thing called Secondary Specialization?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
That sounds fair, I assumed it work that way anyway but I haven't tried it yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If the coins are "not entirely for groups" how can a healer get coins? By killing players solo?

*Don't suggest players to switch to secondary specialization because this is not a solution to an obvious oversight of the developers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You're perfecty capable of getting tons of KB's, due to Shadow Word Death, Smite and Penance.

Oh yeah, have you heard of this thing called Secondary Specialization?

Oh yeah, those 32k death, 15k smites and 14k penances are surely going to finish off my opponents when there's 80k+ executes, 80k+ obliterates, 70k+ sw:d shadow spec, etc.

Why should I be forced to switch to another secondary spec if I wanted Bloody Coins?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Indeed, saw a guy with the mount about 1 hour after release of the Isle... And I never saw him PvP once, and I have been there for countless hours since release, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mounts are account wide so you could also do it on your alts.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Agree this should be given with HK not KB

+1
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Mounts are account wide so you could also do it on your alts.

Same story as the guy who said "change specialization".
You can't force others to change specialization to get Bloody Coins.
Every specialization in the game should be able to get them, not only the specs with the best finish off.

So this is simply an

oversight of the developers.

13/09/2013 10:46Posted by Doyoubelieve

Indeed, saw a guy with the mount about 1 hour after release of the Isle... And I never saw him PvP once, and I have been there for countless hours since release, lol.

Yeah, it's so damn stupid.
Edited by Falaena on 13/09/2013 20:13 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Although I agree that they should be granted for HK's and not KB's, I think it is most ridiculous to say that
You can't force others to change specialization to get Bloody Coins.

Of course you can, if you want to heal, feel free to, nobody is stopping you. But a healer heals, that's it's purpose, it's as if you're saying healers should be able to do DPS like a DPS spec'd player should? If you want to play a healer in a PvP zone, feel free, but don't cry like a baby when you can't get kills because of lack of damage, this isn't bias...it's how the game is supposed to be.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
As you got only pvp gear you can do !@#$.
Cause pve player are running ther with 500k~~600k hp and pvp player have around 400k and doing %^-* dmg vs them.

I don't see blizzard point adding this currency if we are unable to farm it in pvp gear.
Open your eyes and care for pvp players maybe ...
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Rogue
Wake up people, open your eyes, see this island for what it really is... *sigh*

It has a bunch of flaws and issues, many of them very obvious.
Something a good developer that has worked in the business for many years should know very well about.

Such things shouldn't have been released in the state it is.

Not good ... Not good ...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
i havent actually seen this or remember what u get from it but i think this is just plain retarded.. a guildy of mine was getting ganked by 2 hordes...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Tech limits? Lol, I'm not that good at programming yet, but they could easily make a script in which has a 33% chance on an HK to get a Bloody Coin.

They wont, the whole system sucks to begin with. If you are flailing around alone you have to be extremly careful in luring out single players especially if you are wearing PvP gear. Some classes have a way easier time with this such as rogue. A friend of mine made nearly 300 coins legit with no big problem whatsoever as rogue while my elemental shaman is at 90 now.

- Giving coins to group members similar to how looting corpses is made in turns isn't hard, Zarhym is lying.

- Healer not getting anything is a nasty oversight on their part.

- Some characters don't even reward coins. Don't bother killing DKs because if they've skilled purgatory and it's not on cool down you wont get a coin either because it's not you but purgatory that lands the killing blow. (Not sure if this applies to holy priests aswell.)

- That thing you can buy for 50 coins to let you transform into a Yaungol in BGs and the likes? DON'T GET IT. I made 12 kills under it's influence on a battleground. I didn't get a single bloody coin. (No I didn't die, yes the buff was active, no it didn't reward anything.)

The best thing ist that some people exploited the hell out of this farming thousands of coins without any effort. Thanks Blizz for not testing this whole thing at all.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
All in all this seems pretty badly designed, hope it gets updated soon to honorable kills rewarding (or having a chance to reward) the coins instead of just killing blows, I feel bad for healers!

edit: Especially since there is an achievement for "obtaining 10,000 Bloody Coins as an Emissary of Ordos or Ordon Fire-Watcher."

Rewards title "Fire Watcher".

Maximum respect to anyone who achieves this without exploiting.
Edited by Pxl on 14/09/2013 03:42 BST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
another "fast maded" patch :/
after 1 day have simple questions about this coins
1) how to farm it as healer?
2) how to farm it with only kb?
3) how to get 10000 killing blows on isle when 10min debuf on victims?
4) what to buy for all this coins if you actually need only 600?

I can understand 250k hk for bg. Because ppl playing here at every content and after few years can obtain it. But this isle.....Blizzard really expect ppl will play here after 5.4? Without any exploit its simply impossible to get 10k kills. Why small local achieves that linked only for current content patch overwhelming global achives? They are simple force ppl to exploit it. Same with 5k pvp pet battles. All ppl simply trade wins because otherwise it takes months/years. What a point of achives that no1 intresting to do because it fun or prove something?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]