Taran Zhu for Emperor?

Hello. I have been thinking about the new Warchief and such, and I wondered if Pandaria could do with a new Emperor. I am curious to see whom the community thinks would be up for the task, personally, my vote is on Taran Zhu, if he can learn to trust the other races more. (Not that I can blame him for his distrust.)

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Would be interesting. A new faction of power in Azeroth.
Reply Quote
With the invasion of the Burning Legion possibly becoming a nearby event, I believe Pandaria will need to be a faction that can aid the Alliance and the Horde, if they can stop throwing stones at each other.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah make lamest and most annoing character emperor. I am disapointed Garrosh did not kill him.
Reply Quote
I prefer Lorewalker Cho since he is wiser.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
I'd prefer Cho, he isn't a hypocritical a rsehole.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Chen Stormstout for emperor!
Reply Quote
Chen Stormstout for emperor!

Couldn't agree more,he can trust others unlike Taran Zhu and he is wise like Cho but he know how to fight and so is Taran Zhu,he will be the perfect emperor.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah make lamest and most annoing character emperor. I am disapointed Garrosh did not kill him.

They are not making Garrosh Emperor
We are talking about the most Badass Pandaren after Chen Stormstout, Taran Zhu!
Reply Quote
I doubt Chen Stormstout would make a great emperor of Pandaria. I love his character, and kickass moves, but well, he is new to Pandaria as well. And I don't get the hate behind Taran Zhu. Of course he is a little xenophobic, which is a bit odd for a Pandaren, but the first thing he sees the outsiders do, is kill each other, and cause Sha to appear.

And as we see in the patch 5.4 trailer, he isn't so xenophobic, starting to understand that not all the Alliance and Horde are bad like Garrosh.
Reply Quote
And Lorewalker Cho as Emperor, I think that would be another good candidate.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
With the invasion of the Burning Legion possibly becoming a nearby event, I believe Pandaria will need to be a faction that can aid the Alliance and the Horde, if they can stop throwing stones at each other.

maybe he can then proclaim how his people have suffered the most from the burning legion ^^
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Pandarens don't need an emporer.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Taran Zhu my favorite, and just for record, who is current Emperor?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Pandaren haven't had a central ruling authority for 10,000 years.

They are communists. (Probably a subtle jab on Blizzard's part)
Reply Quote
I always thought Taran Zhu was pretty much the guy the Pandaren people turned to when !@#$ hits the fan. Mantid invasions, Mogu popping up, Zandalari, True Horde...he is the hero Pandaria needs but not the Emepror they deserve.
He is not Emperor no, but he looks over them if there are any large scale problems.

I can see Chen becoming a champion of Pandaria though. He expressed he wanted to stay there and take over the Stormstout brewery...maybe have a few cubs with a certain Shado-pan lady.

Lorewalker Cho is good as he is. He is the historian guy.
Edited by Gorvar on 05/11/2013 14:53 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
I wasn't aware that Pandaren society was dependant on a singular leader any more (not after the last disaster). But assuming they do elect one I'd sooner support Chen Stormstout. Taran Zhu to me is just irritating, when he's not being a hypocrite (Sha shenanigans, every time he's tried to gain moral high ground) he's trying to create this aura of superiority which in all honesty he can't back up.

As fond as I am of Lorewalker Cho, I don't really see any potential central ruler of the Pandaren from the list of characters we have now.

P.S Lorewalker Cho <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Edited by Aquablast on 05/11/2013 17:14 GMT
Reply Quote
I'm willing to spend real money on getting him in my hearthstone deck...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Sure, sure; give the pandas a xenophobic warrior emperor, it worked wonders for us!
Reply Quote
Taran Zhu would be a better leader than Chen Stormstout or Lorewalker Cho, he knows how to lead and has had an army protecting Pandaria under his command for decades. His personal combat skills are of high quality, he is sworn to protect Pandaria like all Shado-Pan are and he thinks with a straight head instead of his heart. Chen has combat experience but no apparent large scale leadership skills or detailed knowledge of how Pandaria operates as a nation, and Cho is just a historian with no tactical or martial prowess.

Taran would be a good emperor. Cho would be an excellent advisor to an emperor. Chen, well he values his freedom to adventure across the lands too much, I think, to take any political position. But if placed in the position of an emperor he would struggle due to having no experience and since he is not really a pragmatist like Taran.

Sure, sure; give the pandas a xenophobic warrior emperor, it worked wonders for us!

Taran Zhu isn't xenophobic. He was xenophobic when MoP started, and with good reason considering that unknown soldiers landed on shores of the land he is tasked to protect and started to destroy, plunder, war against each other and use locals for their battles, all the while feeding the sha in the process. He was hateful as well, going so far to get corrupted by the sha himself. But once he was saved from corruption he became more accepting of the outsiders and learned that they are not completely bad during the Townlong Steppes questing. Later during the Isle of Thunder campaign he worked with both the Horde and the Alliance, allowing his agents to help them and accepting help in return. He didn't evict the Horde from the Shrine because he saw that there is a distinction between Garrosh's followers and others. In Shadows of the Horde he accepts a troll and a human into his monastery and has his monks nurse them back to health.

He has changed from what he initially was, just like Jaina is no longer a peaceful diplomat. Like he has said to Garrosh: "I have fought beside the tauren, trolls and others, you are nothing like them." he obviously makes a distinction between one group of outsiders and another and is aware that some are not as bad as others.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]