PVE player's unfair expansion advantage

90 Undead Warlock
[5.4] introduces heirloom's that drop in the new siege of orgrimar the higher difficulty the better the heirloom. these item's will award PVE player's an unfair advantage over pvp players if they didnt already have enough and they can get up to lvl 100 with these item's. the heroic versions are ilvl 574... higher than the other items..

why blizzard why are you favoring PVE so much ? didnt you already give them world pvp on a silver plate along with most content being focused around pve... not to mention the designs are stolen from the lvl 60 pvp item's why not give the items to pvp ?
Edited by Exoda on 14/09/2013 22:09 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
The Heirlooms are meant for the most hardcore raiders, so that they will hit the next levelcap a little bit earlier than everyone else, so they can start raiding afew days earlier.

Most raiders, wont get them, along with LFR:ers, socials, casuals, and PvP:ers.
So basically it's not a unfair advantage to PvE:ers, but a "unfair" advantage to hardcore PvE:ers, and you know what - it's fine!

// Non-hardcore PvE:er.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The weapons are the same as regular items of their difficulty since they can't be upgraded, they're actually a tad worse ilvl wise since they can't be warforged
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
not only heroic raiders get them but also normal and so on but heroic are getting a major advantage for expansion.... there is no sense in giving advantages out to a game that is not even announced yet...

they will be better than any item since they can scale while you lvl next expansion and thereby can ignore any gearups and will feel slightly stronger than the rest... it just does not make sense.

it will only lead to even more pvp'ers quitting subscriptions due to prioritizing pve too much... its just plain stupid
Edited by Exoda on 14/09/2013 23:20 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"I did not wash the dishes like Timmy did but I want cookies too!"

Also PvE focused game :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
"I did not wash the dishes like Timmy did but I want cookies too!"

Also PvE focused game :)

Actally its both pvp ad pve game but people seem to forget the pvp part of the game,horde vs alliance,humans vs orcs,the game is aout pvp and pve and about the cookies part,high rated PvP'ers in 3v3 bracket have as much diffculty as hc raider,im a casual player I admit but you need to understand that PvP is as hard as PvE,the higher the rating the higher the diffculty,high rated PvP'rs play at the same lvl of skills as hc raider just in a diffrent game style.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
this is not a matter of being pvp or pve focused since if blizzard focuses too much on pve they will loose more of the pvp subscriber's and that will hurt pve since blizzard will then set a lower budget on wow due to less subscriber's. pve has always been the part which gains the most in patches so it will feel the impact more if it happen's and that is why i call it "stupid" since they are destroying it for them and the other's by limiting something that gives an advantage to the next patch's lvl up to only pve
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Actally its both pvp ad pve game but people seem to forget the pvp part of the game,horde vs alliance,humans vs orcs,the game is aout pvp and pve and about the cookies part,high rated PvP'ers in 3v3 bracket have as much diffculty as hc raider,im a casual player I admit but you need to understand that PvP is as hard as PvE,the higher the rating the higher the diffculty,high rated PvP'rs play at the same lvl of skills as hc raider just in a diffrent game style.

Dont say about orcs vs humans when you say about pvp....all these frays with max 40vs40 (alterac valley?) players, so this is not even a battle, not even a war, worldp pvp?? bunch of lr losers who gank lowbies?? lol this is not war, battles etc. only pitifull frays, even blizz know that and to show war in the game use pve envioremnt because with ppl's this will be never possible.
So NO dont say that pvp and pve are equal cause this game is focuse on pve with pvp as addition :p
Reply Quote
- WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid
Blizzard gives good focus to both PVP and PVE, but the reason why PVE gets the amount of attention it gets is because the majority of WoW's players prefer PVE over PVP, according to their internal data as well as data that is obvious to the rest of us.

So naturally, as I am sure Blizzard would want WoW to last as long as possible, they would focus on where most of the player's focuses lie. It would create less overall friction as a result.

People moaned a lot when they added PVP into the legendary quest line... now imagine how much moaning there would be if they focused too much on PVP. The moaning would be endless by comparison to vice versa.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
PVE is player vs environment, in short it is a predetermined fight where as long as the player follows the correct rotation he will end up victorious, raids are the same but the higher difficulty the more punished you are for doing something different.

PVP is player vs player, a battle between 2 player's where neither know's the 100% correct approach to win vs the other since he might counter it or not. in short pvp is where the player needs to "think" rather than follow a mindless rotation pre-determined by design and where victory is assured when you follow it 100%.

also world pvp is unpredictable and some servers have it others dont it is up to the player as to where he creates/moves his character's. world pvp is simply an addition to the unpredictable, you might face an easy opponent or you might face a hard opponent. some even grp up and gank but some grp up and get ganked, it makes the game more interresting knowing that most zones are at warr and you have to be atleast abit cautious about your sorroundings rather than count spawn timer's and farm which gets old after some time...

and yes you where partly correct pvp "was" an addition back in the beta and therefore no battlegrounds existed but blizzard where forced by the playerbase to create pvp since the servers couldnt handle the massive world battles ppl held in hillsbrad, and with time pvp grew to be an equally important part of the game so you cant say its just an addition anymore since that was merely back on the blueprint days called beta and sometime after where it slowly grew but now it is either equal or higher in importance than pve.

but back to basis... the heirloom 1-100 items that raiders get are too strong and the fact that they go to lvl 100 is horrible giving them an advantage pvp does not have and as said before it will affect both pvp and pve
Edited by Exoda on 14/09/2013 23:56 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Dont say about orcs vs humans when you say about pvp....all these frays with max 40vs40 (alterac valley?) players, so this is not even a battle, not even a war, worldp pvp?? bunch of lr losers who gank lowbies?? lol this is not war, battles etc. only pitifull frays, even blizz know that and to show war in the game use pve envioremnt because with ppl's this will be never possible.
So NO dont say that pvp and pve are equal cause this game is focuse on pve with pvp as addition :p

Yes,because of blizzard,there is no wpvp because blizzard ruined it,AV used to be epic until blizzard destroyed it too and they destroyed it completly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
oh damn them pvp'ers they got some of the most awesome mounts ingame, like Reins of the Vicious Warsaber Reins of the Vicious War Steed Malevolent Gladiator's Cloud Serpent Cataclysmic Gladiator's Twilight Drake Vicious Gladiator's Twilight Drake Relentless Gladiator's Frost Wyrm

Almost all of the PvP mounts are jawdroppingly awesome, and they have been so since the first PvP mounts was introduced...
The vicious warsaber annoys me quite a lot cause its on no way achievable for me as a PvE'er, but that is a perk that the PvP players get... Now those who play PvE have different perks, gear and goodies from that...

You also have to realize that PvP is just a minor part of the game, it is based on PvE from scratch, but the PvP part of the game did at some point receive way too much attention...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
pvp was once upon a time planned to be a minor part, but as said players forced it to become equal, if pve now gains an undeniable advantage towards the next expansion beforehand then pvp will suffer due to blizzard's lack of attention and more pvp'ers will leave thereby subs fading more and patch investment shrinking thereby harming pve as well.

also it is funny to see someone calling pvp "minor" even after all these years where it has been about equal to pve, it was a minor part at the beginning but that changed rapidly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
PvP is still minor compared to its PvE counterpart, the amount of PvE content in the game is massive, think about it... The ENTIRE game world is PvE oriented with the exception of Tol Barad and wintergrasp (wich has their fair share of PvE aswell), all the dungeons and raids, mobs, lore (and the lore is unbelievably massive), 78 zones, 857 different bosses (not counting rares), artifacts, cities and loot (to some extent) are tied to PvE... Not to mention that there is over 6000 quests, yes, six thousand quests!
Most of these are also PvE oriented with a few PvP exceptions...

Then for PvP we have 11 bg maps and 6 arena maps, with gear tied to them (being the same items every time with new stats and a different look), a few npc's scattered around the game world who sell it, some gems and enchants to go with it, and voila, there is your PvP world...

PvE is also the most played content of the game by far, and even though I know that PvP has its fair share of fans, it is absolutely minor compared to PvE, never has been equal, and hopefully never will be... it is a roleplaying game after all...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
you have been living under a rock or only paid attention to pve it seems :/

pve needs so much content since you cannot replay it as often while pvp is limitless with replay which never feels the same since always different opponent's. pve is player vs environment a task you could set a simple bot to do for ya, ofc blizzard abns those who do it but that is how simple pve actually is. but you cannot do that for pvp since a bot cannot think for itself but only make calculations of the best move for it which is not always correct since the opponent can use any random combi.

pvp is all over the warcraft world, and it even goes as deep as to separate the race's into faction's if pvp truly was minor they would not have made the factions fight eachother or made 2 to begin with but kept it as 1. so in short the fact we have 2 factions is all alone for pvp to have world pvp. aside from that countless battlegrounds and major battlegrounds where added and seasoned gear as well as title's.

and no... it is not a role-playing game it simply has that as a feature aside from pvp-pve it has rp to those who like it, but nonetheless pvp is far from minor compared to pve
Reply Quote
39 Undead Rogue
This is one game, not two seperate games. The items are available to anybody who plays this game and is willing to put the effort into the game to get them.

I am more a PvE focused player but I still won't have these items since I am not into organised raiding. Am I suppose to start whining and demanding that I should be able to get these as well because I am not willing to do what it takes?

This is nothing to do with "PvP vs PvE" this is simply "Willing to put the effort into one part of the game Vs Not willing to to put the effort into one part of the game".

I repeat, as a PvE oriented player myself I am not going to have access to these weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Only thing i think of use heirloom weapon drop in siege of orgrimmar is to use a transomg thing nothing else for i will lose way to much ilvl on use it
Reply Quote
41 Human Warrior
crybaby
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

Actally its both pvp ad pve game but people seem to forget the pvp part of the game

WoW has always been first and foremost, a PvE-game.
It does offer the players PvP, but you're a fool if you think PvP and PvE are on equal footing here.

As for the rest of your post: Most PvE:ers would rejoice if PvPers went away, because that would mean that their classes wouldn't get screwed/nerfed in strange ways, just because the PvP-aspect of the nerfed area was to OP, while it was fine in PvE. (Hunter Readiness-ability being removed in 5.4 comes to mind. OP in PvP, but not in PvE. Blizzards solution? Removing it altogheter. So yeah...yay for you PvP:ers, you rock!)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]