Way too easy to gear up alts now

90 Goblin Warlock
Hey!

Most people seem to love this but i think it's really annoying.
You can go from a fresh lvl 90 to 500+ average item level in just a couple of hours now.
Actually one guy in my guild did that today. He had 439 item level 2 hours ago and now he has 502.

This also means that there is no point to play the older MoP raids MSV, HoF and ToES anymore. You can go straight to Timeless Isle and 2 hours later hop on SoO (LFR) and with some luck get 528 gear (528 is insanely high for LFR. Should be much lower).

I'm really starting to understand all the people that are saying that wow is getting easier and easier.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Can you elaborate on how this affects you negatively?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
19/09/2013 13:59Posted by Christhammer
528 is insanely high for LFR. Should be much lower

Normal mode gear is 553ilvl with change on warforged wich is 559 not to mention hc or hc warforged wich are makign lfr 528 items look like greens.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Why can't you just be happy, eh?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I agree. It just further adds to the idea that content which has been out for more than two months no longer matters, and could be erased from the game for how much importance it then possesses.

This whole "rush to endgame ASAP" mentality only gets worse with things like this.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
19/09/2013 14:11Posted by Nemesis
528 is insanely high for LFR. Should be much lower

Normal mode gear is 553ilvl with change on warforged wich is 559 not to mention hc or hc warforged wich are makign lfr 528 items look like greens.

Yes, but normal is much harder than LFR. Since LFR is so easy it makes no sense to have 528. 509 would be better.

I agree. It just further adds to the idea that content which has been out for more than two months no longer matters, and could be erased from the game for how much importance it then possesses.

This whole "rush to endgame ASAP" mentality only gets worse with things like this.

This. Exactly what i mean! No one is gonna do MSV, HoF and ToES LFR anymore for example.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

Yes, but normal is much harder than LFR. Since LFR is so easy it makes no sense to have 528. 509 would be better.

This. Exactly what i mean! No one is gonna do MSV, HoF and ToES LFR anymore for example.

Okay.. So,

19/09/2013 15:43Posted by Jip
Edited by Izila on 19/09/2013 16:25 BST
Reply Quote
Community
I dinged a fresh 90 on Monday, and yes I went straight to the Timeless Isle. However, in questing greens & blues, I had a very hard time. Also, I still have to go through all the old raids in LFR to unlock the latest content, not to mention get my item level high enough to enter.

I've picked up a few purples on the Timeless Isle, but I'm still nowhere near high enough yet to enter SoO LFR. Sure, if you go for it really hard and prepare with crafted goods, Valor gear etc. I'm sure it can be done. But that's why the system's good IMO, if you put in the effort you can be caught up quickly, if you're more of a casual player like me it's going to take a while, and I'm fine with that personally.

I much prefer this to the alternative—getting my alt to level 90 then having to go through the exact same content I spent months on with my other characters.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Gnome Priest
19/09/2013 13:59Posted by Christhammer
This also means that there is no point to play the older MoP raids MSV, HoF and ToES anymore.

I run MSV almost weekly on my Priest. It's great for Valor points and gold relative to the time spent. And it's easy to get some charms for bonus rolls as well (= more gold). Run the solo scenario on the Isle of Thunder, and voilá.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I don't see the problem.

If you want to gear up the "old fashioned way", simply don't use the BoA-items?
Reply Quote
35 Dwarf Paladin
Unbelievable.
Reply Quote
23 Gnome Warlock
There is nothing wrong with this system.

I don't see the problem.

nor do I

I promise that I will not ninja any items that BELONG to the elite players.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Considering i have 7 alts then no i do not want to have to go through MSV, HoF nor ToES which most people, half the time not even guildies do not want to run. If you do i think you've got to much time on your hands?
Reply Quote
58 Dwarf Death Knight
Yet just a few months ago people were complaining that MoP was veyr alt-unfriendly.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
This is good. It's been a whole year since MoP came out. If I had to go through MSV, HOF, TOT and then SoO on all my alts, I would just leave then in blue gear... I have 10 of them, you know...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I still run MSV and ToeS just because I enjoy doing those ones and also I can get Valor from doing them too so I really don't think that they will get ignored just because we can gear on the Isle now.
Edited by Loonaría on 19/09/2013 18:02 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I much prefer this to the alternative—getting my alt to level 90 then having to go through the exact same content I spent months on with my other characters.

Don't we level surrounded in same content? What about rep? Gear and mogs?

It just doesn't really make sense... I'm proud of myself that I played before and achieved so much, and now I can just jump right into the newest stuff when I just dinged. :l

So pretty much every warlock will now get fel fire because we "passed" the patch/time when it was added? ... :<
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
ive had this character ding 90 at 22.30 the 13.09.2013, at 02.00 15.09.2013 i gained the "mystically epic" achievement when getting my epic shield, thus ending up at 493 ilvl...

Thats less than 1 day playtime, considering I had a good 9 hours of sleep, didnt buy any epics on forehand, started out lvl 90 with green and blue gear at ilvl 427 with no other chars on this realm to help easing up the gearing...
Edited by Tekow on 19/09/2013 18:13 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Is it Snowing ?

It must be snowing, I see a special snowflake,..falling from the sky.

There have been 'catch up' systems in place in this game since the end of TBC, the Isle of Quel'danas had a limited catch up system built into it, and if I remember correctly all the so called 'Hard core' Raiders went nuts then as well, it kinda went like this -

"How dare you Blizzard, how dare you, how dare you give epics to those who have not sacrificed their entire life to a game, betrayal Blizzard, betrayal we say, and therefore we now cancel."

Childish in the extreme, but then the special snowflakes always are, and always will be, seeking to restrict all other players who are not prepared to spend 24 hours sat in front of a PC playing a game, seeking to dictate what others can have, in reward for time spent, seeking to gain status from epics. lol

Vanilla - No catch ups, guild had to boost you, carry you, no easy skips, nothing that I can remember anyway, so could be wrong.

Early TBC - No catch ups or skips.

Late TBC - Isle of Quel'danas, Blizzards first attempt at a catch up system, for a guess this is when Blizzard first started looking at Data regarding how many players were getting to see end game content.

WotLK - Had a catch up system put in place outside ToC, in the form of a vendor who would sell you an entire T set for justice points. (or was it valor, cant remember)

Cata - Had a catch up system in the form of some fairly easy to get Valor gear that was very good, valor cap was higher back then, all easy to get.

Panda - Timeless Isle

In short, Blizzard make the game for everyone, not just the elite, and they understand that a lot of people jump into expansions at the end, they don't play the whole period, plus they understand that not everyone can sit in front of a PC for 24 hours and not see daylight for 6 months.

Why do Blizzard think like this ?, because it makes lots of money, and it's the correct way to think, simply because it's just a GAME, AND EPICS ARE JUST EPICS, they don't make you a better person, no really they don't, they are just,...purple pixels.

lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]