What do you like/dislike about patch 5.4 / season 14?

90 Human Warrior
18/09/2013 23:45Posted by Erìs
Right now it feels like you need a war/dk/lock/ele on your team. Warriors seem a little silly in general too, they are just like... the best right now. Sick defenses, tier 1 sustained pressure, great lockdown and among the best mobility.

Which means Ayano for once thinks they're "barely playable" and need a "good player" to properly function altough they're sill a bit on the "weakish" side. Ah I'm never going to take him and his complaining about other classes or warriors serious again.

...uh, I... wait, what?
Reply Quote
99 Human Paladin

He's right about discipline and holy. Discipline doesn't take any damage at all.

Not too sure about disc (played 3s and our main targets were almost always priests no matter spec as RPS), seeing as it's actually on the same level as other healers. So if it's overpowered, then other healers are as well. About holy, I could agree. And even holy I could barely call OP.
And I was mostly finding it funny due to the fact that shadow is hardly OP at all atm.

Shadow less so than the other 3. But they can do insane burst in a blanket silence and come with the regular level of priest CC. Godcomp has a pretty ridiculous level of CC damage.

Also if you glyph inner fire in shadowform you end up with more armour than plate. That's just not right.

But yes, it's mainly Discs and Holy, they completely destroy the healer metagame.
Edited by Samuel on 19/09/2013 11:27 BST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Although I only plyed few games and as strange setups ( ele/war/MW monk and TSG with mw monk) so I cant tell much yet. But :

- slower games. No more killing in 1 silencing shot,which is deffo good. Games are slower,and def CDs actually work well now.
- new ramp in Blade arena.
- knockback shares DR ( strange to say as Ele I know)
- BM doesnt have silecne shot ( yepeeyay)
- UhDKs ghoul on 1min cd and leap/stun doesnt have resource cost :D
- TSG was such a fun for me again :)
- no ferals around,even tho I like cats and bears IRL :)

Dislike
- stuff like locks gate still in the arena. Even with the 60 sec debuff its still too strong imho.
- dont understand why affli still got that stupid dot protection. Silence AND dmg si stupid with 8 sec on dispell, if u ask me. Like its really hard to redot the target again as affli lol. The dmg thing on protection makes me crazy. Im ok with silence. Im prolly very biased here,because I dont like warlocks :D
- Still some classes have to many CCs without sharing DR on low or none cooldown (I often blame symbio in this case)
- I feel like my Dk doing even more dmg,which is maybe just my feeling,but the pressure is insane as Unholy.
- AMZ change ( I dont have problems with the change itself,but I think the CD on it makes it weak talent - if u wanna keep the duration of AMZ on 3s,then decrease dmg reduction to 30% and make it 1.5min cd or even 20% reduction/1 min cd - just my thoughts,dont know really if that would be OP or not).
-warriors - their def CDs and their way to stop "caster" from casting - whats not interrupted->its spellreflected + the dmg(pressure) seems slighty higher that I want it to be.
-WW monks - almost same as war. Too many ways how to shut down the caster
- still some pets doing your job - succuba and her retarded auto sleep,psyfiend,Rets guardian cannot be targeted (whats the reason?)
- ofc 2s even more broken,then b4. But I blame those Rdruid+war combos everywhere pfft :D

But Im pretty happy overall I must say
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

...uh, I... wait, what?

Don't mind him, he was the guy defending Elemental last patch.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
And one more thing. It feels like (most) Melees > (most) casters atm?

Is it just me or..?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

He's right about discipline and holy. Discipline doesn't take any damage at all.

Not too sure about disc (played 3s and our main targets were almost always priests no matter spec as RPS), seeing as it's actually on the same level as other healers. So if it's overpowered, then other healers are as well. About holy, I could agree. And even holy I could barely call OP.
And I was mostly finding it funny due to the fact that shadow is hardly OP at all atm.

Wat
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Like:

-Rogues are buffed and are viable now. RPS/RMP are the comps I have most fun in. It's actually so much fun to play them.

It is also very fun to play against such comps. I really like this patch so far as well, Unholy damage seems too strong as well as Warrior damage/defensives but 2H and even DW Frost are a lot of fun to play.

What combo are you playing as UH in 3s? I feel like my DK do insane amounts of damage (really over the top) but the low CC and mobility (+ AMZ being worthless) kinda leads us to dropping teams low but not killing them. Compared to a warrior team I always feel like my DK is a waste of space that could have been filled by a warrior.

I can't really peel my partners as DK, and I can't really CC. If I wanna peel I can grip (times 2) but since there is so many warriors (and other classes) with so many gapclosers and slows me gripping them away (even LOS) does not matter to much (Especially since they will close the gap insanely much faster then I will leaving me standing far away). I also am forced to go Chill Blains to have a remote chance of peeling. At the same time if I go all out the warrior can:

Shockwave (lower CD then pet stun)
Disarm (lower cd then pet stun)
Charge (you bet)
Stormbolt(Aspyxiate CD)

While I can:
Grip
Slow
Pet Stun/Charge (LOOONG CD - Far from always useable)
(I can also aspyxiate but GG getting him even remotely off your healer/second dps after that then if you aint specced Chillblains)

Don't get me wrong, the DPS feels beyond stupid. But I can't really see myself winning most of the games since the game is slowpaced now and DKs truly don't have much CC _ESPECIALLY_ compared to any other class (ferals excluded - feels strange to say)

Example:

Played Shadowcleave (with druid) yesterday and we had serious problems breaking 2100 with that Death Knight being an old gladiator. He then switched and played his monk, which he is really bad at, (for !@#$s and giggles) and we went undefeated ten-ish games in a row at same MMR without any real hassle.

TLDR:

DK damage is just dumb, it's insanely high! But:
DK not as good as we might think? (Beyond insane dmg, but way to low CC/mobility?)
Will only work in TSG and such?
Edited by Murten on 19/09/2013 12:13 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Like:
Everything

Dislike:
My class will be nerfed into oblivion soon
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

It is also very fun to play against such comps. I really like this patch so far as well, Unholy damage seems too strong as well as Warrior damage/defensives but 2H and even DW Frost are a lot of fun to play.

~snip~

TLDR:

DK damage is just dumb, it's insanely high! But:
DK not as good as we might think? (Beyond insane dmg, but way to low CC/mobility?)
Will only work in TSG and such?

This is the general feeling I've gotten from playing my DK so far. It only really works in high-burst comps (TSG, DK/ret, DK/Rogue) Where the other DPS (and healer) are providing both high burst and the CC for the DKs damage to be meaningful. Once geared I'm expecting DK damage to go up even more however, and should open up much more comps.
Reply Quote
Community
18/09/2013 20:18Posted by Silvaria
Hope 6.0 will be that one patch we've been waiting since s8 to finally fix everything.
It's impossible to "fix" everything because there will always be a certain aspect of the game that someone will have an issue with, or a part they don't enjoy as much as the other. Perfection is also an endless pursuit because it's an ever elusive goal. We're constantly aiming to make the game the best it possibly can be, but to fix what someone feels is wrong will inevitably break it for someone else, so the things that are "broken" change via your own perception.

18/09/2013 20:24Posted by Drophar
- blizzard doesn't care about all mage specs in PvP
Every spec in the game right now is viable for participation in PvP, and we care about all specs. Your complaint is not that "Blizzard doesn't care", it's that you don't feel that certain specs aren't entirely viable for high end arena. This goes for several classes though, not just mages; warrior, paladin, druid and monk tank specs and others are not viable for high end PvP either.

The biggest thing to note is that there are actually more specs now than ever before that are viable for a "Tier 1/2 comp", and at least one spec from each class is capable of reaching high ratings in PvP depending on team composition. We would be extremely pleased if we were able to reach a point in balance where all 34 specs were perfectly balanced, however we're well aware that the possibilities of accomplishing this is an incredibly difficult goal.

We'll continue to do our best to achieve the most enjoyable and balanced gameplay possible for everyone and we really appreciate all of the feedback that you're all giving in this thread about what you do and don't like about patch 5.4. :)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter

flex
timeless isle
pirate ship
leg cloak
new world boss
new pets
fast gearing for alts

dislike

almost nothing new to do
"manga" armour skins
Edited by Prandard on 19/09/2013 12:44 BST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
This goes for several classes though, not just mages; warrior, paladin, druid and monk tank specs and others are not viable for high end PvP either.

I know someone who will have something to say about monk tanks not being viable...
Edited by Jí on 19/09/2013 12:45 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Forgot to add i really hate the amount of CC in the game and swifty CDs..
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
2 things most people don't care about.

"What do you like/dislike about patch 5.4 / season 14?"

And? What am I supposed to answer other than my own opinion? Go back to pve where everyone is a winner.

Plus you're wrong too, 2s is still the most popular bracket.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Like:

TCCY - best thing ever, I really didn't enjoy 26min games nor I do 15min games in 2v2 bracket.
Edited by Rockerka on 19/09/2013 13:19 BST
Reply Quote
99 Human Paladin
We'll continue to do our best to achieve the most enjoyable and balanced gameplay possible for everyone and we really appreciate all of the feedback that you're all giving in this thread about what you do and don't like about patch 5.4. :)

Any info about world PvP? Will I still be using raiding gear for it?

It just seems silly that PvE gear is better for fighting other people.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
nerf holy, discs, dks and warriors and we got like a semi real game here
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
2 things most people don't care about.

I care about 2s :-(

however not when TCCY is around.. :/
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

You forgot resto druids there. :o
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight

heh.. havent played arena on my DK since cata, but this morning i did one 2s game and my damage is far better than on my WW monk.. good thing is that my WW got full gear where as my DK doesnt :-)
Edited by Ismedz on 19/09/2013 13:57 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]