Timeless Curio - what did you get?

22 Human Mage
Timeless Curio
Item Level 496
Binds to Battle.net account
Use: Create a soulbound item appropriate for your loot specialization.

ok well i have used a few of these on my balance druid and the only item i get is the stupid healing trinket? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/103688 this cant be right surely? but i have heard from a few people all they are getting is heal trinks. The reply from a blizz robot.

Greetings,

Thanks for your petition regarding the Timeless armour items.

Regrettably, Customer Support is unable to restore or exchange these items.

As stated in the respective item’s tooltip, the caches and tokens create soulbound items but, as they are Battle.net account bound, they can be sent to other characters. The Burden of Eternity item will also create a soulbound piece when used and therefore it is important that you are extra careful when activating these items in the future.

Kind regards

Customer Service
Blizzard Entertainment Europe

not annoyed so much, just a warning to anyone else before they use these trinkets for their loot specialization. any class that can use spirit for hit will have a chance to get this nasty trinket http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/103688
Edited by Iamrich on 15/09/2013 08:25 BST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
got a Int DPS one , Tank one , Melee dps ... others i sold to a vendor since I don't have a healer. you need to switch specc when you make it.
Reply Quote
22 Human Mage
thats the point, spec doest work balance druids get the same trinket as healer or dps, blizzard say the spirit proc is useful to dps, I say its a big cop out.

any dps class that uses spirit as hit will have a chance to get this stupid trinket when they are dps spec
Edited by Iamrich on 15/09/2013 10:21 BST
Reply Quote
12 Gnome Monk
I had the same as you on my shadow priest, I was in that spec but got an "on -use" spirit trinket from the Curio. Still useful, but not so much as if I was actually a healer. But I try to look at it that it is meant to be a boost for new 90 alts rather than for my main progressive chars.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Sucks to have already lost a few on trying, but I'd hold on to one and use it when it's hotfixed.

Make sure to mark the ticket as not handled and just reply that the issue is that the curio doesn't give you a trinket useful to your loot spec. Spirit procs are not useful to dps.

If you want it to be usefull, you'll be under hit cap when the proc isn't up and that can not be the intention.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Only thing that suxx there, is there is one type of dps trinket for all dps caster classes.
Why the hell would I want crit proc on ele shaman?
Reply Quote
22 Human Mage
LOL i swear to god they just have a computer answer these tickets

Greetings,

Thanks for your petition regarding the Timeless armour items.

Regrettably, Customer Support is unable to restore or exchange these items.

As stated in the respective item’s tooltip, the caches and tokens create soulbound items but, as they are Battle.net account bound, they can be sent to other characters. The Burden of Eternity item will also create a soulbound piece when used and therefore it is important that you are extra careful when activating these items in the future.

Kind regards

Customer Service

No 2

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us regarding loot you have received.

While we understand that mistakes happen, Customer Support is unable to exchange items received due to your chosen Loot Specialization.

The Loot Specialization option is intended to give you more control over the drops you receive, so please be extra careful when setting this option in the future.

Kind regards

Customer Service
Edited by Iamrich on 15/09/2013 15:23 BST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
15/09/2013 10:54Posted by Brakkar

Same with the haste (again) on the melee one.
Reply Quote
22 Human Mage
least you can get a dps trink :D
Reply Quote
22 Human Mage
UPDATE IMPORTANT

Greetings,

First, I apologise I wasn't able to catch you when you were online and for the delay in getting back to you, we are getting to players as fast as we can, but I'm afraid it's just very busy here at the moment.

Now, I'm sorry the previous reply didn't properly address your issue. There's been a lot of contacts regarding mistakes over spec when using Timeless items and it seems your ticket got mixed up with those sadly.

The issue with the Timeless Curio is seperate issue, as there was a bug that meant the healing trinket could be created for dps specs, like yourself.

That has been fixed now. So to help I've removed your healing trinket and sent you a new Timeless Curio. You'll find it in your bags.

IMPORTANT: Please wait until after maintenance on wednesday morning before using the Curio, to make sure the bug fix has been picked up and everything is working as it should.

I hope that helps and you can get back to enjoying the game. Have a great day :)

Kind Regards,

Game Master Chejsen
Blizzard Entertainment
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
15/09/2013 15:40Posted by Turtleshell

Same with the haste (again) on the melee one.

That is because, surprise surprise; Some classes actually have Haste as a useful stat. They didn't exactly make 1 trinket for every spec/class.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I got the healer trinket in Elemental spec. ;(
Edited by Zagrod on 17/09/2013 16:26 BST
Reply Quote
92 Human Death Knight
Does this happen only to people who have a second specialization configured or to everyone? I almost never switch an alt's spec so I can live without a second one.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
an usless spirit buff healer trinket for shadow spec. so much for the loot specialization eh! ah well not far off 50k coins
Edited by Dinafem on 17/09/2013 16:38 BST
Reply Quote
12 Gnome Monk
UPDATE IMPORTANT

Greetings,

First, I apologise I wasn't able to catch you when you were online and for the delay in getting back to you, we are getting to players as fast as we can, but I'm afraid it's just very busy here at the moment.

Now, I'm sorry the previous reply didn't properly address your issue. There's been a lot of contacts regarding mistakes over spec when using Timeless items and it seems your ticket got mixed up with those sadly.

The issue with the Timeless Curio is seperate issue, as there was a bug that meant the healing trinket could be created for dps specs, like yourself.

That has been fixed now. So to help I've removed your healing trinket and sent you a new Timeless Curio. You'll find it in your bags.

IMPORTANT: Please wait until after maintenance on wednesday morning before using the Curio, to make sure the bug fix has been picked up and everything is working as it should.

I hope that helps and you can get back to enjoying the game. Have a great day :)

Kind Regards,

Game Master Chejsen
Blizzard Entertainment

About your update - so it has been officially confirmed that there was a bug? I asked in a ticket about this and got the same bog standard reply via my mailbox you got first of all about it being all my fault making a mistake with my loot spec.

Not happy at all about this, considering they closed my ticket and made me unable to respond back to ask them about this bug :/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Odd, for me it worked, ive got both types of casting trinkets since somewhere last week, created them after switching specs ofc.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Been fixed now, bugs like this happen.
Edited by Instalock on 18/09/2013 14:57 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]