Timeless isle

(Locked)

86 Human Paladin
So this new island.. I must admit this is the least fun i've ever had playing this game since i started in 2006.
I feel forced to stay online 24/7 to get anything done. Its stressing like hell to run back and forth between the rare spawns wondering if you're going to make it! 15 5-man groups from the opposite faction running around killing everyone they see. Places you cant go and bosses you cant kill.. No mobs because there currently is 5049376823 million people on the island at a time.

Then again i must admit i found it completely exiting the first hour or so discovering all the new features and items - but then i realized the time i had to invest in it just to get one piece of 535 gear. And yes - i know about the Blazing Chest.

My conclusion is - i don't think its fair to people having maybe 2x3 hours of free time to play a week. So i think the 535 gear should be lowered to 528 - just as the raid-finder. So that i and many others don't feel forced to spent all our time in-game on that time-consuming, (sorry to say) pile-of-flaming-feces of an island.

That being said i love this game too much to let it go. Just feeling a bit let down - now that i don't have 30 hours a week to play the new patch. Im out.
Edited by Quji on 14/09/2013 19:18 BST
86 Human Paladin
Just what I'm saying. I get too stressed - and that is not how i want to feel playing a game.
90 Dwarf Shaman
14/09/2013 19:15Posted by Quji
I feel forced to stay online 24/7 to get anything done.

I must admit this is the least fun i've ever had playing this game

Its stressing like hell

This is when you stop playing and take a break.
90 Human Warlock
Must agree - I am somewhat disappointed as well.

Running around going banana's. Very few quests and I am a PVE player. Maybe my expectations were a bit high, but I bust my !@# to get to ilvl 507 on limited play time only to find that its not good enough for the new content other than running around a forsaken island.

Its like we get dropped in a PVP sandbox to keep quiet, while Blizz works on something else.

No I wont stop playing WOW, I enjoy the game but am also disappointed in the new content...
needs a better rep gathering system, Kill all these mobs until honoured? you cant kill 1 or 2 before a group of 3 or 4 alliance attack you.
either fix the stupid PvP or give us other ways, it is spoiling good content, Unkillable healers (yea nice work on that hybrids outhealing the damage i do is super...)
Edited by Phalhunt on 14/09/2013 22:29 BST
90 Pandaren Monk
needs a better rep gathering system, Kill all these mobs until honoured? you cant kill 1 or 2 before a group of 3 or 4 alliance attack you.
either fix the stupid PvP or give us other ways, it is spoiling good content, Unkillable healers (yea nice work on that hybrids outhealing the damage i do is super...)

I pretty much agree, although on my server its the other way round, multiple Horde groups, just camping the entire area. I understand they want to promote out door PvP, but it's just a tad frustrating, when you have roughly an hour of play time, and you want to put in a solid grind session, but unble to and just giveup and log off for the night....
90 Human Warlock
Why does it matter that there's 535 available to people willing to put in effort just because you don't want to do it, there's no pint to the gear anyway you're just grinding it for the sake of grinding it then what's the point?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am not loving the new island at all. The tedious rep grind is like a blast from the past and not in a good way. The lack of a proper quest hub is disappointing.

The gear for alts is nice but I'd happily forego it to have a proper quest hub and range of daily quests instead of this horrible grind.

Even on a PVE server it's easy enough to end up pvp enabled when people stand on your mobs and wait for you to accidentally hit them. It's a shame that PVP can't truly be totally deactivated. Other games such as RIFT have a much better system where you can't even hit someone accidentally. Off is truly off. I've not enjoyed being killed by horde who only care about getting tokens for some mount. Forcing me to leave the island or hide until my pvp timer drops off. I dread to think what it's like on a PVP server.

Some may love it but I just don't. I'm hoping once the grind to honored is done I wont have to stand around aimlessly killing mobs that have a slow respawn rate. The lag on the island is also pretty horrific with so many on the server in one zone.
I agree with the OP, Timeless Isle is a fiasco, as is the rest of 5.4.
A couple of freebies for alts won't change my feeling towards this patch, not after Blizzard turned my AE-happy Warlock and my already gimped Moonkin into laughing stock!
well i did get my blacksmithing plans, and opened the blazing chest to find that "puple" gear that is basically a glorified green.
3 Gnome Rogue
LFR items are much better even though they have a little less ilvl, because those items have sockets and better socket bonuses, plus the set bonuses.
I feel that the ilevel 535 loot is just the bonus.. I see the 496 gear there as catch-up gear for mains that have been stuck with 483 level gear in some slots, or for alts that have been gathering dust in 410 quest gear.

I got a few of the 535 thingies that I used on a helm and 2 cloaks, but I saw those as a bonus.. the real stuff was the armour for my alts.. some of who now have 2 full sets of 496 gear and the odd 535 for good measure.

Overall, I think the Isle has been great.. and as long as you just amble around looking for chests and whatnot, then the finding of rares is exciting. Over the course of a few hours casual play, I can easily be involved in 10 rare kills, including a few big ones.

As for the pvp.. well, reroll pve or be silent. Sorry to be blunt :/

Overall, I feel Blizz did a great job with the Isle, and I have had great fun over about 20 hours there on 3 toons. I felt it was exciting, dangerous and fun to play. Good stuff :)

p.s. I must have gotten 100+ epics to wear or to generate and then DE.. so I've got good armour for my alts and lots of sha crystals to sell.. wahey!

p.p.s. as well as armour, I also got rings and trinkets.. which is waaaay beyond what I would've expected. Maybe weapons can be patched in? (ahem.. maybe I'm just being greedy now?)
90 Human Hunter
Loving it, really am, just a few hours here and there, just killing and getting stuff, I am really enjoying it.
90 Tauren Paladin
Timeless isle is the new thing in the game, of course it will be flooded, when people have gotten used to it the numbers will be balanced(i remember when cata was released being in Vashj'ir)

Anyways, amazing you love it so much!
90 Human Priest
The elites are a joke though with the oneshot attacks, sometimes they're instant, and other times you aren't even in it but still get your !@# handed to you.
On the other hand, i did get all the chests, and been farming the rares for fast coins to get the trinket, which i just got about 30minutes ago (awesome thing that trinket).
But the rep is a pain, and when i got on today there was only 1 daily quest, and it wasn't even worth it.
90 Tauren Druid
what i hate is that horde vs horde style ......

blieh , hate it very much , trying to raise rep and i simple can not , those "good" guys are ambushing and ganging everything trying to get to those mobs we need to get rep up ...

What are they ?? Ordos something @#$!#!@#$!#@ that are kiling everything it moves ?
Well at least , last night we had a big lol time when the whole island (horde faction mostly ) gathered up and throw em into the sea.

Yeah had quite a big ROFL there :)

Seriously now , this sux with the "you're sacrifised to Ordos" ...... especially to those whos trying to raise rep and they're ganged by 10 ordos traitors (or what ever you can call em)
Edited by Arkoudakias on 16/09/2013 11:39 BST
90 Pandaren Hunter
It's meh really, been farming it for 535 gears as I only do LFR and that's not open yet. The 535 gear is pretty lame though I'm guessing the 528 LFR stuff will actually be better..
90 Human Paladin
You should go one a pve server so you won't fear for your safety while farming.
The isle won't go anywhere.
Blame people who whined about daily quests and wanted "vanilla/BC back".
That's just a taste of it but with the bonus of new generation, lol.
Edited by Asteå on 16/09/2013 13:32 BST
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
You should go one a pve server so you won't fear for your safety while farming.
The isle won't go anywhere.
Blame people who whined about daily quests and wanted "vanilla/BC back".
That's just a taste of it but with the bonus of new generation, lol.

Actually this is happening on PvE servers where you get groups of one faction or another setting themselves as PvP and deliberately going into the opposition factions AoE. It's a gank fest when there are more of one faction than another (Alliance outnumber Horde at least 3 to 1 on our server) and that is not even remotely close to fun when the location is so small that you can't not bump into other groups of players
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]