CP cap bug fixed, but people still have grievous gear

90 Blood Elf Paladin
24/09/2013 05:34Posted by Thornass
they fixed it a little bit, my weapon and my shield is now for level 91, but chest and shoulders always useable for me :P

Huh, that's weird, haha.

yes, but what is with my spend gold (auctions and reforging) and my old items? blizzard is stupid...
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Paladin
I am afraid I simply don't know, Kasemia. I hope for you that you can get it back, but I can't promise this.
Reply Quote
65 Human Warlock
I think we should all just unsubscribe and be done with it. I even know of free to play alternatives as well as indie devs that give better customer service than Blizzard.

I am a person that just recently came back to the game after a very long break. I was shocked to the !@#$storm I immediately faced. With the money behind this game, can a bug/oversight this severe really happen? While wondering, I was sure that Blizzard as a service provider would as any upstanding company, start to communicate with its clients about what went wrong, and hastily provide a fix for mentioned problems.

I have not seen any attempts from Blizzard's part to communicate and calm their clients. One little post compared to tens of thousands angry customer's posts worldwide, only saying they will look at this issue on a case by case basis, and that it's up to fellow gamers to act as police and report each other. They don't know how to filter databases? I can assure you, with my relatively limited dev skills, I would find a way to single out the people that did use this exploit. Time to fire some people and start to look at recruiting fresh, Blizzard?

The way this is handled does not make Blizzard look like the listed, global company that it makes out to be. You guys have to hire more competent people or do something radical. You are on a slippery slope and will lose even more customers if you continue down this road. Anywho, you just lost me and my wife as customers. We would probably have stayed if you just made a little effort and started to communicate your thoughts, plans and possible solutions to your customers. What do you think it would cost you to do that, mr. billion dollar company? Probably less than what you earn on 1 months subscription for my wife and me. Very stupid behavior, almost laughable, when looking at a profit maximizing entity as you claim to be. Your stock is back at almost 17 dollars again, but beware all investors and traders that may google-by this post, the fundamental analysis is speaking its clear language. Sell, sell, sell!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah blizz removed weapons. They are lvl 91
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Just take a look on:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Trilleb%C3%A5rtom/simple

http://imgur.com/45yH3oS

Another Guy here:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Shakemilk/simple

http://imgur.com/OeCBBP2
http://imgur.com/gXKjtE7

Fully Geared Grievous! Report Please..
Edited by Ist on 24/09/2013 09:46 BST
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
reset the season.

you !@#$ed up, admit it and move on.
Edited by Exttwo on 24/09/2013 10:12 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Updated the main post with the change to the level requirement on grievous weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
1: Stop season.
2: Revert all Grievous to Tyrannical.
3: ???
4: Profit!
Reply Quote
Community
23/09/2013 17:48Posted by Vlazzir
give everyone full s14 gear - problem solved.
We won't be granting full Grievous gear to all players, in fact those that acquired gear from the increased cap should not get too fond of holding onto it. We plan on dealing with this matter appropriately, however we cannot elaborate on our plans at this time.

23/09/2013 18:36Posted by Ayano
I'm starting to get very concerned about this, still nothing and it's been days now. Come on Blizzard, shape up.
We'll be communicating on our plans as soon™ as possible. Taking gear away is a very delicate process and one which we definitely don't want to jump in to, too hastily, the same goes for any other actions we may take. We've recently changed the level requirement on the Grievous weapons to ensure that people cannot use them for the time being and we're looking into what else we can do to resolve this situation.

We understand that this is a frustrating situation for everyone, but we ask for your patience while we deal with this matter further. I've also increased the posting limit for this thread, so please feel free to continue discussing this topic.
Edited by Nakatoir on 24/09/2013 10:44 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My sub ends on the 28th, something better of happened by then
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

no
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Thanks for your post, Nakatoir! I'm happy about the level requirement change on grievous weapon as it will make arenas slightly less of a mess right now, but I really hope you can get a proper fix going as soon as possible. Preferably this reset, but I understand if isn't possible.

I'll keep a close eye on this thread and update it regularly when we get new stuff to go on.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
24/09/2013 10:44Posted by Nakatoir
We won't be granting full Grievous gear to all players, in fact those that acquired gear from the increased cap should not get too fond of holding onto it. We plan on dealing with this matter appropriately, however we cannot elaborate on our plans at this time.

I'm starting to get very concerned about this, still nothing and it's been days now. Come on Blizzard, shape up.
We'll be communicating on our plans as soon™ as possible. Taking gear away is a very delicate process and one which we definitely don't want to jump in to, too hastily, the same goes for any other actions we may take. We've recently changed the level requirement on the Grievous weapons to ensure that people cannot use them for the time being and we're looking into what else we can do to resolve this situation.

We understand that this is a frustrating situation for everyone, but we ask for your patience while we deal with this matter further. I've also increased the posting limit for this thread, so please feel free to continue discussing this topic.

you should take a look at rating as well since they hav had over a week since you woke up... they have ahad a 496 vs 522 gear advantage which is rather huge and it has given an unfair advantage towards rating/achivement's. if you only remove the bonus gear it wont change the time they had while having the "bug boost" most are already at the point where they can get the cosmetically gear or take it slowly towards the season end since they already have a decent cap perhaps been enough to get mount. those that purchased beyond the lmit should know it was a bug and perhaps have their rating reset to 1.5k as a minor punishment for trying to take advantage of the bug otherwise they will still keep a huge lead within rating and get the gear quickly again. they can get most of the rating again after the fix if they deserved it
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Ty Nakatoir for your post. It was really needed. I understand that you have cactus in your A hole now,but this fail is such a major one... Maybe the worst fail ever in PvP history of this game. Tbh I have no idea how can you fix this,without reseting season... I hope you will suprise me. Good luck
Edited by Hankus on 24/09/2013 11:06 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

One of the easiest things you could do is to instantly remove weapons, chest, heads from people who aquired them. Since, you know, you can only have a maximum of 2200 this week. That'd be a start.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ty Nakatoir for your post. It was really needed. I understand that you have cactus in your A hole now,but this fail is such a major one... Maybe the worst fail ever in PvP history of this game. Tbh I have no idea how can you fix this,without reseting season... I hope you will suprise me. Good luck
Then u dont remember when you could just leave the arena and you would not loose rating. People got 3k+ and the last many RBG seasons was and is still just russian boosters. This 28k qc point is not that op.

Edit: also you could kick other teams. And dk's could grip+pet stun and you dc
Edited by Squirting on 24/09/2013 11:18 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
My sub ends on the 28th, something better of happened by then

Watch out Blizzard
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

I'd be all for it if they took away all items that was obtained by grievous vendor, but if they made me actually waste 28k on a grievous item on bmah because of an internal screw-up, I'd be really frustrated.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Then at least increase the weekly cap to 4500 so people can buy two Grievous pieces a week. You have to pull your finger out of your rear and realise that people don't give a damn about the (PvP) gear itself - they/we just want to play the (PvP end)game and that's all. As it is now, it's just an annoying grind that you have to go through to be able to compete fairly well in arena - and you can't even buy one piece a week if you're playing on a casual level.
Edited by Woolyanimal on 24/09/2013 11:53 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We'll be communicating on our plans as soon™ as possible.

Is this a joke? it's almost gone a week since this problem occurred..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]