495 ilvl can't join Flex

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So I'm currently at 495 ilvl and I have to wait until next wednesday for ToT to reset so that I can try to get more loot again for the 496ilvl milestone (tired of looking for any good one on the Timeless Island, as I've found the majority of the chests and it's just way too competitive/crowded there right now).

But yesterday I saw someone looking for other people for a flex run, I whisped him and told him my ilvl, he said I'm too low as 496 is the minimum to enter LFR.

I know that, but one ilvl shorter makes total difference in a group? Would I be the one slowing the group down just because I can't do crits like 496? Also, if I were to join a flex group, I would probably get some loot that jumps my ilvl to way above 500.

So my question is: is it mandatory for a flex run to be 496 as a minimum? Or is people just that picky and let's face it, "elitist" on how they choose people for the group? Kinda reminds me that guy that said others were asking for the "Ahead of the curve" achiev for ToT.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Character Audit
7 unenchanted items
6 empty sockets in 4 items
Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle

Don't know how many Valor you have but if you upgrade 2 items 2/2 (need 1000 valor) you will have 496 and be able to join SoO LFR.
Or you can upgrade that 463 ring which is still 0/1 upgrade and one valor upgrade item and you have enough ilv to join SoO LFR. That mean you need 500 valor and some justice. You will get enough justice points for that upgrade by running 2-3 heroic dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
yay another one!

I wonder why these duplicates aren't deleted but my posts always are...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Most flex groups have generally gone for 510ish+ so I'm guessing he thought that you would have been too low geared anyway.

Also no gems or enchants isn't exactly helping your cause :p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Or is people just that picky and let's face it, "elitist" on how they choose people for the group? Kinda reminds me that guy that said others were asking for the "Ahead of the curve" achiev for ToT.

There's no elitism, people have to stop throwing that word around just because they don't get in the groups they want.

I just looked at your armory;
6 empty sockets
Missing 7 enchants
Only experience is LFR which means close to nothing, if you have another account my bad but you didn't mention this.

My advice; put some effort into your character and pug Tier 14/Tier 15 Normal Modes at least, Flex Mode isn't a free ride like LFR is, it actually requires tactics and at least average gear.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

So my question is: is it mandatory for a flex run to be 496 as a minimum? Or is people just that picky and let's face it, "elitist" on how they choose people for the group? Kinda reminds me that guy that said others were asking for the "Ahead of the curve" achiev for ToT.

Question 1 : No, you could get carried if the RL was crazy enough.

Question 2 : It has nothing to do with Elitism, you have put little to no effort into your character and you're expecting to be carried through current raid content.

While I do agree that asking for Ahead of the curve for a normal ToT run is slighty over the top, you are in a totally different ballpark.

Characters with armories like yourself wouldn't even be taken to T14 raids.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Make your own flex group. Take people with your item level (pref ungemmed and unenchanted and not hitcapped either)

When you fail to kill the first boss you will understand why people set standards.

It's like a footie team where each team picks a player from a line. Do you call them elitist when they pick the skilled fit kids first? Your character is currently the fattie with 2 left feet. At the moment the kid in the wheelchair will get picked before you.
Edited by Dejadeux on 22/09/2013 17:53 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
So I'm currently at 495 ilvl and I have to wait until next wednesday for ToT to reset so that I can try to get more loot again for the 496ilvl milestone (tired of looking for any good one on the Timeless Island, as I've found the majority of the chests and it's just way too competitive/crowded there right now).

But yesterday I saw someone looking for other people for a flex run, I whisped him and told him my ilvl, he said I'm too low as 496 is the minimum to enter LFR.

I know that, but one ilvl shorter makes total difference in a group? Would I be the one slowing the group down just because I can't do crits like 496? Also, if I were to join a flex group, I would probably get some loot that jumps my ilvl to way above 500.

I wouldnt have invited u wven if u had 540 ilvl.
Reply Quote

Im hardly elitist, and i wouldnt let you join, gemming and enchanting gear is the least you can do. Dont give me that bull about no gold, run ndaillies and in 2-3 days youll have everything gemmed and enchanted

Furthermore keep running ToT to replace trinkets and rings so your ilevel rises.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

It isnt picky or elitist, 496 is potentially a little low for flex anyway, also gemming and enchanting is always part of the requirement. 496 not gemmed and enchanted is more like 480, quick guesstimate is you are missing 3-3.5k stats on your gear.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
I would not call it mandatory, but keep in mind that Flex, like all raids is balanced around a certain ilvl. Furthermore not everyone can be expected to perform at their ilvl (whatever performance that might be).

If you feel you can perform well enough despite being below the ilvl its balanced around (i belieev its around 505?, i guess it depends per class and spec) you should make that argument towards the raidleader and perhaps you can convince the RL to let you join.

What the others said ofcourse increases your odds of being able to join, but for the most part imo it depends on the impression the raidleader gets from your request for an invite.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
It's like a footie team where each team picks a player from a line. Do you call them elitist when they pick the skilled fit kids first? Your character is currently the fattie with 2 left feet. At the moment the kid in the wheelchair will get picked before you.

Nice one. :p
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Why do people even respond to posts like this?
He is a Blood Elf Dk who just rolled off the LFR train!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Blood Elf Male says it all

yh im racist nd wot
Edited by Loganess on 23/09/2013 14:02 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
If it's too low for LFR then most wont take you on Flex either. Also like others have said gem and enchant your gear if you expect anyone to let you in on a raid. You'll miss out on a lot of stats otherwise.

You could also get a trinket from brewfest to up your item lvl some, sign up for coren direbrew in the dungeon tool. Otherwise keep farming on the isle, even if it's crowded you should be able to get things. TN is crowded there most of the time and I've still managed to farm a lot of gear without much trouble on this and my other alts.
Edited by Crím on 23/09/2013 16:25 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Each dps in Flex gives the boss more hp.

To be perfectly honest I was looking for a Flex raid before last night's main Normal run with my guild and couldn't find one.

Everyone needs Tanks and especially healers.
Reply Quote
Really? You can't even enter SoO LFR and want to join a Flex group? Of course they won't take you, Flex is no LFR roflstomp, if you don't bring the deeps and a brain you'll wipe the group, people will start leaving, drama start rising, that'll be the end of the pug.
And take a look at your armory, as people have said before, start gemming and enchanting, and that 450 trinket... seriously? That tells people that you don't even want to grind a little, with some time spent grinding dailies or dungeons you can easily buy the 522 ilvl one from the Shado Pan Assault.
This is really not an elitist case, more of an "I'm-lazy-but-want-to-get-carried-and-get-some-shiny-loot" case to me...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

he even told you that it's the min to enter LFR
not flex,

don't expect a Flex invite before 515-520 ilvl as a DPS.

don't expect invite to any raid with 9000+ ilvl without a single gem/enchant.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
One is sure.
With your apetite to raid i doupt you will do even 1 boss in Flex mode.

So , my question to the op is.
What can you bring up to the team that you wish 2 do Flex mode?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
496 is the minimum to enter LFR.
You physically cannot queue up for LFR if you have less than 496 ilvl. But lets assume you meant flex there. In that case I wouldn't take you even if you had 550 ilvl.

7 unenchanted items
6 empty sockets in 4 items
Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]