Titan Runestones

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I feel like I am at the wrong end of these drop chances. I have had 7 titan runestones over 7 weeks. How can I be this unlucky? I'm the only member of my raid team who doesn't have that god damn cape.

Even though they drop in SoO now, I've done every flex and LFR available and got the first 3-4 bosses down on normal for the past two weeks and didnt get a single runestone.

Does anyone else feel that they should have increased the actual drop chance as well? It's coming up to the 8th week this weds and I highly doubt i'm going to get five runestones in one week, I just wish they would have increased the drop chance itself. It is annoying and, honestly, unfair for those who get the absolutely awful drop rates.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
This week on first wing LFR SoO I got 2 titan runestones.
So, 2 drops out of 4 is really good drop rate. I know this was probably extremely lucky and not how they are/will usually drop but still...

In ToT I got them only from Lei Shen. 3 weeks on quest and only drops I saw in ToT are guarantied ones from Lei Shen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I had a similar problem with those. I got maximum 2 per week, generally just one. Eventually, you still get it at least.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I average 2 á week.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Not getting anything but the guaranteed drops. Looking at that and the raid schedule, I will have killed Garrosh in LFR before I will be allowed to take Lei Shen's heart. This doesn't even make sense anymore.

So I am looking at my numbers and start to wonder if I will even still be subscribed by the time I should complete those steps at the current rate.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
wouldn't be legendary if they dropped by the hundreds now would it?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Not getting anything but the guaranteed drops. Looking at that and the raid schedule, I will have killed Garrosh in LFR before I will be allowed to take Lei Shen's heart. This doesn't even make sense anymore.

So I am looking at my numbers and start to wonder if I will even still be subscribed by the time I should complete those steps at the current rate.

Even if you are "unlucky" as the OP it's hardly anyones fault but yours if you are unable to get the cloak on time.
I'm at 3/12 runestones after 7 months of not playing and missing even more raid lockouts. So or you either didn't get any quest items for months, which is very unlikely, or you just didn't play or raid for quite some time.

You can't expect to catch up even fast than we are already able to do. Droprates have been doubled if not more.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Judging from the dates you got the ToT achievements and the amount of LFR runs you have done, it looks like you took long breaks and then did LFR a few times. So it makes perfect sense: You didn't play enough.

I didn't get any Runestones for 6 weeks (before they introduced the guaranteed drop), then took a 3 week holiday, got back and still easily got my cloak done before 5.4.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Stop whining, you get it easy than ever now.

In one lockout the runes drop in 5 raids:

- LFR ToT
- Normal ToT
- LFR SoO
- Flex SoO
- Normal SoO
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Stop whining, you get it easy than ever now.

In one lockout the runes drop in 5 raids:

- LFR ToT
- Normal ToT
- LFR SoO
- Flex SoO
- Normal SoO

If you clear LFR ToT you won't get extra chance to get one from normal ToT.
If you clear Flex SoO you won't get extra change to get one from LFR SoO or Normal SoO.

This means you can get drop in 2 raids, not 5.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
7 over 7 weeks? Haha!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
On my dk got 2 last week and 1 per week before that. Pretty unlucky.. Anyways it can drop from 1 boss per week so if you killed him in lfr and did not get a stone, normal mode will not drop either

Guaranteed drop is Lei-Shen
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
5 bosses this morning, 3 Runestones, and I still have the guaranteed one from Lei Shen to go.

I seem to be rather lucky lol, if this keeps up I'll be done by the end of today, after only 3 weeks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is my 3rd week on the quest now, after 5.4 and the drop rate seems better than before.

Got 10 in my first week off 16 bosses then 6 last week off the same. So 4 left and got 2 so far this week including the one of lei shen and only done 3 bosses so far.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is my 3rd week on the quest now, after 5.4 and the drop rate seems better than before.

Got 10 in my first week off 16 bosses then 6 last week off the same. So 4 left and got 2 so far this week including the one of lei shen and only done 3 bosses so far.

Secrets and runestones are not the same thing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
This week did 5 bosses.
First wing first 2 on Normal and last 2 on LFR.
On second wing only did Nazgrim in LFR.

Got 3 titan runestones which is like crazy high drop chance (3 out of 5).
Will see how it will go in ToT but I guess there will only be guarantied one from Lei Shen.
Seem like SoO have kind of higher drop chance than ToT as in ToT I never saw them other than one from Lei Shen.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm now at 8/12 runestones and still need to kill three bosses in the second wing of SoO. So I am pretty sure that I will have my legendary next week while I had a 7 month break this expansion.

Very hard work indeed. /sarcasm
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
5 bosses this morning, 3 Runestones, and I still have the guaranteed one from Lei Shen to go.

I seem to be rather lucky lol, if this keeps up I'll be done by the end of today, after only 3 weeks.

I don't think that is lucky. I think that is the average. And the ones who post here complaining about droprates are simply the few who are unlucky which is still not that bad considering what you get.
I know plenty of people who go through these quests just as fast.

Same with loot. I got T16 from the celestial bosses on this character and on my warrior the first week. My friend also got T16 at the same time. Two other friends also already got T16 and at least one of them got the two piece set bonus in combination with LFR pieces.
I now have three pieces of the set. Two from LFR and one from the celestial bosses. Also got three pieces of loot from one flex run and some more LFR loot that I didn't need. (Before this patch I was at ilvl 508 now, one week later, I am at 529.)

So we are all extremely lucky then? I doubt it.
I also see plenty of people with those new trinkets. You see legendary cloak animations everywhere. But someone wants to tell me droprates need to be buffed... yeah right.

p.s. I have a gut feeling they did a stealth buff to loot drops in LFR/Flex. That would exactly be something they would do.
Edited by Forlin on 26/09/2013 10:32 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Would be nice if blizz increase droprate for legendary quests. I'm at 10/20 secrets and with bad rng i'm stuck with this crap for a very long time boosting 40k dps-ers in ToT.
Yes, I was lazy with the quest line, been busy with leveling all clasees to 90 and gearing them. And now trying do my best to get the cloak asap. Don't care much about the cloak tbh, i'm pissed cos i'm missing all these free upgrades for my chars from Ordos.

About drop rate... I did SoO first wing last week, got 2 secrets of 4 bosses. I was even lucky or droprate for quest items is higher in SoO. Did ToT first and second wing, got zero secrets. And a repair bill. And a headeache.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Is there something wrong with the Titan Runestone drops?

Last week I managed just the 2 (including the guaranteed Lei Shen drop) from the last 2 wings of ToT and the first wing of SoO, 10 bosses in all, so only 1 stone from 9 "chances".

This week it's the same 2 stones (1 from Lei Shen) but also wing 2 of SoO.

I don't mind the grind have done it on 2 toons already, pre 5.4 patch to be fair but 1 stone from 13 bosses seems a tad off. Not saying it's bad, it is for a legendary after all but 2 stones from a total of 22 bosses is daft if there is supposed to be a catchup mechanic involved.

Fellow guildies are experiencing very low drop rates too, they seem far rarer than pre 5.4

LB.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]