Why do people demand 535 ilvl for SoO normal?

90 Orc Warlock
I find it strange and disturbing that people think that u need 535 to begin with SoO normal. What is up with that misconception and how did it happen?
Reply Quote
39 Undead Rogue
People usually like players to have the same iLevel for the content they are going to run. Don't see the logic in it myself, but then I think to myself if I want to get into a raid without these silly requirements I can just start one myself.
Edited by Corripio on 24/09/2013 20:30 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
My guess is that people assume that a higher item level will ensure that everything goes more easily in the raid even though such a high item level isn't really required.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
535 = ToT normal mode, fully 2/2 upgraded, + legendary cloak.

Seems like a pretty good iLvl for SoO to me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
if we're going to be real about it, you're able to go from normal mode tier to normal mode tier, so at most people should be requiring a 520min ilvl.

Content is easier when you overgear it however, so people bloat the ilvls in hopes of having an easier time of it.

at the end of the day, the rules of the raid are made by the raid leader, and if they want 535+ ilvl you either have to deliver on that ilvl or keep looking for a group.

edit: person above me made a good point. If you've been raiding normals long enough to have the cloak and upgraded all your 522 gear, you should have around a 535 ilvl anyway.
Edited by Kyà on 24/09/2013 20:36 BST
Reply Quote
39 Undead Rogue

Put it that way it doesn't seem unreasonable.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
why did people demand 5600 gs for icc10n? just don't join pugs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I couldn't agree with you more.

These people thinking that having an ilevel of 535 means you are suddenly the font of all knowledge and tactics when it comes to the Siege Of Orgrimmar seriously need their heads seeing to.

It's almost like going back to the old days of Gear Score.

Pathetic and sad and about as logicial as those leaving halfway through a raid only to join another queue, or those that try once, fail and give up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Yeah, except you need to be fully warforged ? :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I find it strange and disturbing that people think that u need 535 to begin with SoO normal. What is up with that misconception and how did it happen?

Because it has some very tight dps requirements people will seek geared dps to clear them. 530-540 is the ideal number in my eyes, anything below I'd rather take through flex.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8241354201

kinda being discussed here

basically - the person setting up the raid can ask what they want and take what they want.
if they decide to ask for and get a ridiculously high average ilvl, then thats their prerogative.....

iirc, SoO entry level is 496 for lfr, then goes up......so 535 *isnt* that high tbh
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Not sure why people want iLvl over other achievements (past raid ones). I have 533 but I suck at this game.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Yeah, except you need to be fully warforged ? :P

What are you talking about?

ToT normal mode gear and 5.2 VP gear is 522.

Upgrades give you 8 ilvls making it 530.

Get a full set of that and you're 530, the cloak adds 5 ilvls so that's 535.

Imo that's the perfect starting point for a PuG requirement, especially since almost anyone who has taken raiding even the least bit seriously this expansion could have killed a couple of easy hc bosses last patch for 535 (543 upgraded) gear, + you get even more 535 (543 upgraded) gear on the Timeless Isle.

TL;DR: 535 is very easily achievable.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Their raid, their rules.

People having higher iLvl usually makes runs go smoother and/or faster.

Whether you consider the requirement to be absurd or not has nothing to do with it, since it is the RL's prerogative to make whatever rules he or she deems necessary.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
If your SoO normal raid intends to down Garrosh, 535 minimum item level is the bare minimum you might want to set to your group. I think even 540 ilvl requirement for a quality-SoO-pug would be well within the realm of "reasonable".
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
535 for soo normal... should be 525 or 530. The strange things is the people who wants 535 for flex

edit : for the 2nd wing 535 is obligatory imho.
Edited by Séptim on 25/09/2013 00:47 BST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Because the better players out there prefer challenging content, rather than overgearing and having an easy run where mistakes, deaths or missing mechanics can be compensated for by the massive overall dps. Therefore of course past raid experience and willingness to work as a team is valued over ilv. It's also why there's been more demand for difficult content lately. Players prefer a chall.....

.....Oh...wait a sec. Huh.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Be lucky i see more and more things like this: lfm SoO flex il 530 min and have ach (this was last reset for part 2..). Best one lfm lfr SoO il 530 (loot is goddam il 528 lol). yes sure i will join your premade lfr! HEY WAIT A MINUTE I DOWNGRADE!
Edited by Lightgoddess on 25/09/2013 03:46 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

''Misconception''? Excuse me but are you saying you and you alone decides what a player ''needs to begin with SoO normal''?

There are no such thing as ''people'' here, as in you can't generalise them. Every raid leader is a stand-alone person and they all have diffirent expectations, experiences and requirements. If you seriously want an answer to your question, why don't you ask them?

520ilvl wasn't hard to obtain in 5.2 and that was without ever entering ToT normal/heroic. For SoO normal, entirely new content, I believe 535 is very reasonable, although I do understand your frustrations.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I don't see how asking for a 535 ilevel is a problem, besides the point that it is their raid it's stupidly easy to get that ilevel if you farm timeless isle and did the legendary cloak questchain.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]