still no virtual realms

90 Human Paladin
01/10/2013 18:30Posted by Kennida
There are just too borring to play when there are no other around :/

Sorry to burst the bubble, but Connected Realms are only targeted for low populated servers, and Kazzak is high/full server... so it won't be connected. At least not in the near future.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
are u for real?!!
they wont connect kazzak?!

they cant just abondon us?! just couse there are a lot of horde players on kazzak doesnt make the realm fuctional!! the server is broken for all who dont play horde! i have 5 lv 90 ally on kazzak, and i was really happy when there was a free transfer from kazzak, but it was just for HORDE!

I dont know much about hardwear and servers and kind of stuff. but why cant they cross kazzak like this: kazzak 98% horde, 2% ally + other server that has 10% horde and 90 % ally= all happy!

2 servers fixed!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Only one fix:

Speak with your money ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
yea, maybe i will at the end move from kazzak like evrybody else. and there are no ally left on kazzak at all..lame
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/10/2013 20:13Posted by Kennida
yea, maybe i will at the end move from kazzak like evrybody else. and there are no ally left on kazzak at all..lame

Frostmane EU has exact same situation, expect opposite - there's no Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I love how you talk as though you actually know what you are going on about. It's adorable, my 5 year old nephew does the same ;)

same goes for 99% of the people in this thread
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Just give em time for pete's sake they know what they are doing
everything takes time, if rome was build in a day then my name
is fuzzy vuzzy and it's not and rome wasn't build in a day

As for the bigger servers, they should not force people but give people
the oppertunity to move to a low pop realm that will be connected with other
low pop realms without it costing anything that might even out some of the servers
especially the low population servers but let's face it, it's never gonna happen

Cause that would just be having to press a button or 2 while i agree that
they should take their time making virtual realms/connected realms, giving people a free chance to start on a fresh on a new server that will
eventually become virtual realm with other servers
and eventually be evened out depending on the horde/ally ratio that will also never happen
so lets all celebrate it hurray for blizzard!!!!! :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Realm status for Ravencrest (EU):
Total Alliance: 4,535 - 95%
Total Horde: 257 - 5%
A to H Ratio: 17.6 : 1

Blizzard pls.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Realm status for Ravencrest (EU):
Total Alliance: 4,535 - 95%
Total Horde: 257 - 5%
A to H Ratio: 17.6 : 1

Blizzard pls.

That's almost impressive :|
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So you'd rather have a flawed version of it now? Or wait a little while and then have a working version?

Lol.
This is not the choice we face.
We can have a badly flawed version now or equally badly flawed - or even worse - version in a year. Small wonder people get impatient.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Having been on a dying realm and transferring to a much more popular realm that is also now dying a year down the line I would like to chip in on this subject.

First of all to the people saying 'be patient' - Patience wears thin after a while, we've been dealing with awful population distribution for a long time and it has no doubt impacted some peoples gameplay more than others. Blizzard have known this to be a problem for a long long time.

The end of WOTLK is when my original server started to die and I know there were realms going down the pooper before that. That is a long long time for a very wealthy company to come up with a solution and it should not have taken this long.

The price of transfers is very high for what the service actually entails, and I think it's only since people have become reluctant to pay for them several times over that Blizzard has taken notice.

The fact that realms with high population but severe faction imbalance won't be addressed is pretty pathetic to be honest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They said month before 5.4 that virtual realms will be connected in the months AFTER the patch had launched. They pretty much said so when thy announced the feature in the first place. And they are doing it, so what is the problem?

A reasonable view. People dont read things properly that is why there is a problem. They skim through posts and announcements and pick up things put two and two together and make fifteen. In the words of the Pandas... "Slow Down!" take your time to read and we wouldnt have a thread (four threads!) of moans and whines and gripes.

Edit
As Blizzard said they want to do things correctly and people moan when things are rushed. They moan when they take time so they will never win. Give them a break stop treating the company like they are your "mate" who has got up your nose. If we were as rude as some on here are to people who provide us with other services I doubt we would get as polite as a response as we do from Blizzard.
Edited by Misared on 03/10/2013 19:40 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
03/10/2013 19:36Posted by Misared
when they take time

its almost 3 years, if they fixing virtual realms few last months what they were doing before? :)
Yesterday i saw 5 players in SW, what a crowd.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
My only wish for Christmas: Connect Scarshield Legion with something. Anything. We are so lonely, can't do any rares or world bosses, AH is empty, not possible to flex raid...

Amen
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I'm starting to think connected realms won't go far enough and the problems will crop up agan down the line.

I think it's time to let everyone play together without restriction.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
first of all, thx for your reply Vaneras and clearing some things up, but with all due respect...

so many people here are defending blizzard regarding this issue i cant believe my eyes...
well, it makes sence when i hoover over their avatar and see they are from stable populated servers. for the rest of us, this feature was a godsend. it has been announced and the date was roughly set. and now, we are still waiting for ''soon'' to arrive.

and yeah, lets just forget it took them 3 years only to acknowledge that the problem with server unbalance issue even exist and then 2 more to come up with a solution which is now coming ''soon''. i dont even care if there was the word ''during'' in the small print. they said patch 5.4.
well, its patch 5.4.

its not as simple to implement it as switching the light and all? guys, this is ongoing for years!!! for years blizzard was telling us to ''rest assured, we are working on it''. keep defending them and enjoy whats left of once epic video game.

and please dont call me impatient, spoiled and whatnot.. not after i have lived on a dead server for as long as i did. i am being very patient. a lot of my friends werent. they simply left wow. and please lets not get into the ''move to other realm'' topic again, this is my server.

very disappointed customer

Oh shut the hell up. Be happy it's finally getting fixed!
Reply Quote
Community
There are just too borring to play when there are no other around :/

Sorry to burst the bubble, but Connected Realms are only targeted for low populated servers, and Kazzak is high/full server... so it won't be connected. At least not in the near future.

The primary purpose of the connected realms feature is indeed to improve the situation on low population realms, to reinvigorate said realms. Currently that means that some of the highest population realms will not be connected with other realms, but it is a possibility that this may change in the future.

We are very much aware that we have some high population realms that have a less than optimal faction balance, but the situation on those particular realms is a harder one to resolve exactly because the population is already at(or close to) capacity there. The Connected Realms technology implemented with the latest patch will allow us to do some great things to improve the population on many realms, but there are still technical limitations on how high a population the system can manage, and this means that it is very hard to improve things like faction balance on realms that have a very high population. Perhaps we will be able to expand or evolve the connected realms technology in the future so that it can help improve faction balance on all realms, but although this is something we can look into for sure, it is not certain that this will be possible.

Saying this doesn't mean that we are just going to ignore the situation on those high population realms, it just means that it may be a while longer before we have a proper solution that can resolve that particular issue... it is not an option to make players change faction or transfer to another realm against their will, and that means a proper solution will have to be one that doesn't involve forcing people.

Once realms have been connected and the populations on currently low and medium realms are healthy again, then perhaps things like FCMs from current very high population realms to the connected realms will become more attractive.
Edited by Vaneras on 04/10/2013 10:28 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/10/2013 10:26Posted by Vaneras
Once realms have been connected and the populations on currently low and medium realms are healthy again, then perhaps things like FCMs from current very high population realms to the connected realms will become more attractive.

I've tried to advertise FCMs due this.

Even if the server is now "too" low populated compared to current high/full realm, in few weeks it might even offer better gaming experience due more balanced factions and offers you wider collection of character or guild names.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]