Is the conquest cap fixed?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
Last week after the apparent fix, I then decided to do the Isle of Thunder PvP dailies to obtain an extra 50 conquest points; however when I completed the quests and received my 50 conquest points, they were added to my Battleground total instead of my "All" total (as if was last season), as if to say I earned them from a battleground instead. Well I continued on gaining conquest points to fully cap, hoping it would add them on at the end and give me 1850 conquest instead of the normal cap of 1800, but it didn't. Well then I thought I'd try the PvP dailies again, to see if now they would add now I'm fully capped and they didn't add and now I've lost a total of 100 conquest points and a further 50 on another character.

So I opened a GM ticket and explain what had happened and although he said I wouldn't be reimbursed, I would have to try again when the cap bug is fixed.

So here's my questions:
Q. Is it fixed?
A. Because the GM seemed to think it's temporarily hotfixed and not properly fixed.
Q. Are we still allowed to earn conquest points past the Battleground cap of 1800 from doing the PvP daily quests, as we were allowed to last season?
A. Because the GM didn't know the answer to this and wasn't sure if it's meant to be this way since 5.4 or if it's a bug still.
Edited by Lustifer on 26/09/2013 13:25 BST
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Paladin
26/09/2013 13:11Posted by Lustifer
Q. Is it fixed?

It is not.

Q. Can I still gain extra conquest from the PvP dailies, despite a normal cap of 1800?

I expect so, yes. I'm not 100% sure on this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Q. Can I still gain extra conquest from the PvP dailies, despite a normal cap of 1800?

I expect so, yes. I'm not 100% sure on this.

But the thing is I didn't gain them, I should have said "Are we still allowed to earn conquest points past the Battleground cap of 1800 from doing the PvP daily quests, as we were allowed to last season?".

I'll edit my original post to better ask the question.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Paladin
"Are we still allowed to earn conquest points past the Battleground cap of 1800 from doing the PvP daily quests, as we were allowed to last season?".

Sorry, haven't slept for days. I understood your question, but apparently missed a part of your post. If you were not able to get those Conquest Points from the daily PvP quests, while already having 1800 from arena/random battleground, then I don't know. You used to be able to and I haven't seen anything being changed to this, but perhaps I missed it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
26/09/2013 13:31Posted by Thornass
"Are we still allowed to earn conquest points past the Battleground cap of 1800 from doing the PvP daily quests, as we were allowed to last season?".

Sorry, haven't slept for days. I understood your question, but apparently missed a part of your post. If you were not able to get those Conquest Points from the daily PvP quests, while already having 1800 from arena/random battleground, then I don't know. You used to be able to and I haven't seen anything being changed to this, but perhaps I missed it.

Exactly, I thoroughly read all patch notes and hotfix notes, as well as keeping up to date with Blue posts and I haven't seen any mention of any change to the previous season.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Paladin
In the past, you had to get 1800 points first, and only then were you able to get the last 400 from rated battlegrounds, even if you had already collected 400 Conquest Points in the first 1800 of your cap. This was supposed to be fixed in 5.4, but still seems to not work. Your issue may be caused by that bug, too.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
ANG
Last week it worked for me. Did RBG first and only later capped the remaining 300~. Is it bugged again? Because that would really suck.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Go to sleep Thornass
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Still not an answer to my second question, despite the many other forum posts about conquest points.
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
Go to sleep Thornass

He can't let us vigilantes roam free now can he?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]