WoW 9th anniversary gift

90 Human Mage
30/09/2013 11:19Posted by Gontier
sad that they don't really show any appreciation for subscriber/customer's anymore :/ major anniversary is more or less an excuse... designing a single pet does not really cost them that much effort and players would appreciate it more than a bag of nothingness... :/ but yes they are supposed to cook up something for the 10th which surpasses all the former but there is over a year for that... not to mention china get's a new pet every new year's to celebrate the year and EU/US don't even get an anniversary gift..

No, but it does cost them time. Time and resources that could have been spent elsewhere, say, designing the next expansion or a content filler patch between 5.4 and the next expansion. I've never really understood why people are demanding to get unique pets and whatnot for an anniversary that isn't even theirs, it's Blizzard's.

Yeh, the company that generates hundreds of millions of dollars in profit every year must really be struggling to find the time and resources to make one new pet model...
Edited by Kallisto on 30/09/2013 13:27 BST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
yes in fact i do... i pay a monthly subscription for the entire content so i am paying for that event as well.

Your monthly subscription gives you access to their servers, you're technically entitled to nothing so the anniversary presents are simply an act of goodwill from Blizzard.

Complaining about them is a douche move.

you are completely wrong there.... the subscription does pay for servers yes but if that was all then the price would be many-times lower...

the subscription is a payment for server's-current game content - coming game content in the form of patches or anything new in the world so whatever is added to the game is paid by the subscriber's....

if you honestly think its a gift and not funded by the player community's subscriptions then i wonder what you think about hotfixes and patches... and what do you think about china with 1 additional unique pet every new year ?... the least they can do is design 1 unique pet... it wont even cost them 0.0000001% of their budget what they have from players to design a pet and gift it to player's rather than using a douche bag solution by using the exact same event gift they used over and over and has no real worth + gets deleted... a game's anniversary is for the player's and secondly for the company since the company would never have made it that far without the assistance from the player's subscribing... also i cannot see the reason behind making such a major difference between us/eu and china...

oh btw they already have pet designs that they can use for it so the cost could actually be 0%
here's an example: http://www.wowhead.com/item=21168#teaches-recipe
that pet has been in the files for quite some time but it was never used so there you go... or they could design a new one as said and it would barely cost them anything compared to the subscriptions they recieve
Edited by Exoda on 30/09/2013 14:40 BST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
So, basically you want a free pet from Blizzard every year, because you think you're entitled to it? Oh dear.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Free character service please :DDD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
A new battle pet Called Party Crasher, Just my imagination.

Free character service please :DDD

Yeah As if blizzard lets us have free Appearance change so I can make it female (got bored of This one just have more fun part)
Edited by Legoalas on 30/09/2013 15:12 BST
Reply Quote
5 Pandaren Shaman
To the people who say that making an anniversary pet would take away development time: I exported pet and mount models from wow modelviewer for a some fun experimenting. You know how long it took me, a complete amateur, to re-color a pet or add some minor details to it? Fifteen f*cking minutes. Since Blizzard employs experienced people the same task would most likely take them three minutes. That's how much they would have to work on an anniversary gift that's not a Darkmoon Faire buff copy.

Recolor a pet, slap a name on it, make its moveset and stats the exact copy of the pet it was recolored from and call it a day. That way you have given the players a small but memorable anniversary present without thinking too much about it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
yeah that is the least they could do...rather than a "weakened" "darkmoon fair" buff that has been re-used too often... at-least let it be memorable rather than copy paste of the same item over and over and then remove the item 1-2 weeks after it was given... if a complete amateur can do it within 15 minute's they can do it within 3 min. and even change the looks of it within the remaining 12 min. or ad a minor animation... the last few anniversary's where lame and the most memorable where the 4th and 5th... think about it
Edited by Exoda on 30/09/2013 16:14 BST
Reply Quote
Giamba's suggestion for WoW 9th/10th Anniversary Gift:

An appointment with Gwyneth Paltrow? (if she's not available Cathe Blanchett it's ok too :)

Both much appreciated here... ^_^
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Ingame wooly socks for the OP please.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Would be nice to have some sort of vanity/fun item to commemorate it...
Apparently your 9th anniversary is pottery/willow or leather so how about a pottery cooking pot (that functions like a fire for cooking?) or a large leather bag? (always need more bagspace!).
Doesnt have to be a pet, just so long as it isnt something you throw as I think we have enough balls, rocks and paper aeroplanes!
Reply Quote
I think we have enough balls, rocks and paper aeroplanes!

Balls rocks!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
rather dont get anything and them make something special at 10 years.
Atleast of the 10 year old account holders.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
rather dont get anything and them make something special at 10 years.
Atleast of the 10 year old account holders.

... it is not like not getting anything would improve the one for next year the slightest...
3-15 min. work.... 1 hour at max if they do a very unique with many animations.... in fact not getting anything will only reduce the quality of the 10th anniversary since there is absolutely nothing to live up to and if enough fools accept the joke gift which is a weakened "darkmoon faire" buff why should they then consider even to improve it ? so by saying what you just did is more or less equal to requesting nothing for the 10th anniversary...

you can either lick their boot and they wont even look at you since you are stopping feedback or you can complain/suggest this is the only method that actually will change things and add's slightly sometimes to the brainstorm's about what to do and is considered good feedback no-matter the content as long as it relates to the game.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
It would be a nice gesture for blizzard to give us something cool. but i don't really care even if they don't.
how about 50% character service? that'd be cool too :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Isn't it sort of THEIR birthday? You expect a piece of delicious cake? I can see where you're coming from though. If any I'd love another blizzard pet since the others are cool but still. I don't have any expectations and it's only the 9th anniversary :)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Just give us something good on this anniversary and dont take it back.I play since Cataclysm and never got anything good from anniversary.Players after Wrath of the Lich King dont deserve to have something aswell?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
inb4 one day of free character transferrs
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I understand like 9 years is a amazing. But at 10 I'm expecting maybe a pet or a mount... something that hasn't been done before, If they do I hope they make it like "Hallows End" where you can either win a common mount (broomstick) or quite rare/common mount (Horsemans reins.) Because if they just give them you what would be the point in that literally everyone would be with that original mount and it would kind of ruin the point in it. Like my mount I've seen like 3 people with the winged guardian.
Edited by Lokomoto on 10/11/2013 09:02 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
30/09/2013 14:39Posted by Exoda

Your monthly subscription gives you access to their servers, you're technically entitled to nothing so the anniversary presents are simply an act of goodwill from Blizzard.

Complaining about them is a douche move.

you are completely wrong there.... the subscription does pay for servers yes but if that was all then the price would be many-times lower...

the subscription is a payment for server's-current game content - coming game content in the form of patches or anything new in the world so whatever is added to the game is paid by the subscriber's....

if you honestly think its a gift and not funded by the player community's subscriptions then i wonder what you think about hotfixes and patches... and what do you think about china with 1 additional unique pet every new year ?... the least they can do is design 1 unique pet... it wont even cost them 0.0000001% of their budget what they have from players to design a pet and gift it to player's rather than using a douche bag solution by using the exact same event gift they used over and over and has no real worth + gets deleted... a game's anniversary is for the player's and secondly for the company since the company would never have made it that far without the assistance from the player's subscribing... also i cannot see the reason behind making such a major difference between us/eu and china...

oh btw they already have pet designs that they can use for it so the cost could actually be 0%
here's an example: http://www.wowhead.com/item=21168#teaches-recipe
that pet has been in the files for quite some time but it was never used so there you go... or they could design a new one as said and it would barely cost them anything compared to the subscriptions they recieve

You are wrong on so many levels.

Your Subscription pays you server access. That and that alone. What blizzard do with that income is their business

Your Purchase of the retail, pays for access to the content of that retail purchase. What Blizzard do with the income is their business

Blizzard are under no obligation to extend current content via patches. Blizzard are under no obligation to create new expansions. Stop being a self entitled delusional little brat

Let us know when it is your Birthday so we can all demand a present from you, and when none are forthcoming, we can then all call you a cheap little !@#$%^-
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
its BLIZZARDS birthday....shouldnt it be US giving THEM presents?

just curious as to how birthdays are celebrated elsewhere in the world, but thats how we do it
><
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]