Timeless Isle ruined Pandaria!

90 Worgen Hunter
If they at least changed the mount drop rates on Sha/Galleon and Nalak to 1% there would be SOME sort of hope for people ever get those mount drops, but since they are 0.1% (1/1000) the chance is so slim that most people have stopped bothering at all.

So now everyone pay for some random dev guy putting a . the wrong place in a database.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
03/10/2013 10:32Posted by Lswindrunner
try http://openraid.eu/ you might find people that still do the old world bosses for mount and gear

When real-id first went live, that place boomed. Tons of events to everywhere.

Went there 2 days ago, and, there are almost no events for any pve content at all. It's as dead and buried as some the WoW realms. Was VERY disappointed.

http://openraid.eu/events/upcoming

So dead, only 15 events upcoming for this day on the first page alone.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Why can't you guys at blizzard just implement a dedicated LFG crossrealm browsing/listing system?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
03/10/2013 10:39Posted by Rittz

Went there 2 days ago, and, there are almost no events for any pve content at all. It's as dead and buried as some the WoW realms. Was VERY disappointed.

http://openraid.eu/events/upcoming

So dead, only 15 events upcoming for this day on the first page alone.

WRONG !!

That first page goes up to and includes, the 14th of October. 10 of those events are all by the same person. Imo, if only 1 person is even bothering to create events, that is absolutely dead and buried.
Reply Quote
6 Human Rogue
03/10/2013 10:21Posted by Taepsilum
Players will always gravitate towards new content.

Yarr! F = m * g(nc)
*nc = acceleration due to gravity of new content!

In case you're finding it hard to do some of the "old" world bosses:
try http://openraid.eu/ you might find people that still do the old world bosses for mount and gear

... and you could perhaps try [url="http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/oqueue"]oQueue[/url] as well, it's a neat addon that allows you to very easily group up with other players via cross-realm with similar objectives as you (killing world bosses, doing flex, etc...)

I've seen several Blizzard reps promote oqueue now, perhaps its time that Blizzard implements a group finding tool like that for the next expansion?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
03/10/2013 10:32Posted by Lswindrunner

Instead of following the Events you should really keep an eye out on the Openraid Chat. Tons of on-the-fly Flex raids, Ordos, Celestials and the old world bosses going on. Been using it for last 2 weeks with my gazillion alts and never had any issue to get a raid for any of the above in no time. Openraid is alive and kicking!
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 23:53Posted by Mistiful
now just empty and boring

this is what ppl will say about timeless isle in some weeks.

No its boring already. Only need enough coins for the mounth, at least with daillies i had a purpose killing things. Now its just mindless running around in a killing spree.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
If they at least changed the mount drop rates on Sha/Galleon and Nalak to 1% there would be SOME sort of hope for people ever get those mount drops, but since they are 0.1% (1/1000) the chance is so slim that most people have stopped bothering at all.

So now everyone pay for some random dev guy putting a . the wrong place in a database.

Yeah, 1 in 1000 really isn't much of an incentive.
Reply Quote
Community
03/10/2013 10:40Posted by Ghoulie
Why can't you guys at blizzard just implement a dedicated LFG crossrealm browsing/listing system?

That is definitely a good idea but like always, it’s mostly a matter of time and resources vs current needs.

Many of the ideas from some of the top addons have in the past been integrated into the default game UI.
I agree that this would be a great tool to have but I also believe that this is nothing new to the devs. I’m pretty sure they are quite aware about the current needs for such a tool, especially now that we have such flexibility with all the cross-realm functionalities.

The raid browser, for example, was an early attempt at tackling this.
It worked out somewhat ok initially but subsequent iterations weren’t as successful. I suspect the reasons for this were the introduction of LFR and not having a dedicated button on the main interface (a lot of players still don’t know about its existence).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
03/10/2013 10:55Posted by Kaassoufflé

Instead of following the Events you should really keep an eye out on the Openraid Chat. Tons of on-the-fly Flex raids, Ordos, Celestials and the old world bosses going on. Been using it for last 2 weeks with my gazillion alts and never had any issue to get a raid for any of the above in no time. Openraid is alive and kicking!

Ordos, Celestials, Flex, they are all CURRENT content.
If one goes to openraid to look for old content one is severely disappointed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
@ Taepsilum

Yeah I remember that tool. It was good, can't see why it was never expanded on.

We have crz, virtual realms soon (tm), real-id, the friends thread. In short quite a number of initiatives to promote interaction between others.

However:

No matter what server you are on, you can queue for a battleground of your choice and find likeminded people.

But to "queue" for a raid you need either a guild (with enough interested people) (same with friends' list) or just wait and wait and wait in a capital city looking for a pug or trying to organise one.

A "looking for raid" and a "looking for achievements" button would go a long way to getting people connected who are interested in the same things that you are. Especially if those are NEW players. There can be fewer things more disheartening for a new player who wishes to do old content or achievements than to be told "nah, I've already done all of that".

Technically, if it's possible to queue for any BG from anwhere, it technically possible to queue for raids/achievements from anywhere too. Would be a welcome addition and a good feature for a new xpac imo.

While waiting for their queue to pop, they can go around doing the stuff they usually do in the meantime.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

That is definitely a good idea but like always, it’s mostly a matter of time and resources vs current needs.

Many of the ideas from some of the top addons have in the past been integrated into the default game UI.
I agree that this would be a great tool to have but I also believe that this is nothing new to the devs. I’m pretty sure they are quite aware about the current needs for such a tool, especially now that we have such flexibility with all the cross-realm functionalities.

The [url="http://wowpedia.org/Raid_Browser"]raid browser[/url], for example, was an early attempt at tackling this.
It worked out somewhat ok initially but subsequent iterations weren’t as successful. I suspect the reasons for this were the introduction of LFR and not having a dedicated button on the main interface (a lot of players still don’t know about its existence).

Is the raid browser even cross realm? I don't think it is, and i definetly think that blizzard could add some more buzz to low pop realms with a crossrealm Raidbrowser where you can list if you want to run Firelands transmog runs, for example. Not everyone uses addons, you know.

Heck, you don't even have to type your own messages in a listing/browsing system like that. I made a quick mock-up of how it could look like.

http://i.imgur.com/9LKI5q2.png

You list what situation your group is in, what your preferences are, etc. Then people can simply whisper you to request an invite or whisper you to ask for ilv/achievement progress and other stuff. Brings people together and circumvents a lot of issues that people have with the community.
Edited by Ghoulie on 03/10/2013 11:31 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior

Ordos, Celestials, Flex, they are all CURRENT content.
If one goes to openraid to look for old content one is severely disappointed.

If you look at the Events, yes you will be disappointed often. If you join the Chat over there and wait for a bit there are plenty of old world bosses stuff going on. As we speak there are people looking for Nalak. Takes too long for you? Try to type in chat: LFM Nalak, Oondasta & Sha add *insert battletag*. Let me know how it goes, I'm sure you will have your raid filled in < 5mins in the evening.
Edited by Kaassoufflé on 03/10/2013 11:33 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Sorry for this not really being a productive post, but is someone actually arguing for CRZ?!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@ OP

My god, you're on Draenor, one of the biggest realms there is, and you think places are a ghost town ?

Should try Sporeggar lol.

It's a ghost town because all we can see is the shagging log-in screen due to ridiculous queue times .
Reply Quote
78 Human Death Knight
my server "daggerspine" has atm 6 people on timeless isle and 33 90s in total online, as of 12:43. its always empty here, dont see your problem
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
It's true. Every other place in Pandaria that was once busy and fun to visit a few weeks ago is now just empty and boring since the Timeless Isle arrived. I guess nobody cares to down world bosses each week anymore now that they can gear on the Isle. It takes literally forever to get a group big enough for any of the world bosses now and it feels kind of sad that it's like this so suddenly. I'm currently doing my dailies at the Isle of Thunder on this character and it feels like I'm playing in a ghost town.

I do find the Timeless Isle a lot of fun and I go there myself a little bit each day but I really just don't think Blizzard thought things through when they decided to give all this good gear away for practically nothing and the effect it's having on the rest of the areas in Pandaria. LFR ques are slower also since the gear isn't that much better than whats gained at the Timeless Isle.

I think Blizzard should think about adding cross realm to more places in Pandaria now as it's no fun for anybody to be questing or doing anything in areas when it seems like you're the only person that's there.

What good gear are you talking about besides being ilvl 535 that gear sucks. The itemisation is awful. LFR tier pieces are much better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
^ No, some of it is absolutely fine.

Two (useful!) secondary stats, socket (2 in helm, including meta!) and socket bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I completely disagree with first poster. I enjoy Timeless. It's fun when someone shout on /1 "ship is on" and many players are running fast and furious for their hit!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

I've seen several Blizzard reps promote oqueue now, perhaps its time that Blizzard implements a group finding tool like that for the next expansion?

Yes.

...and another thing that would be good, is if you could make provisional raid groups, without actually being in one.

At the moment, people don't want to join world boss raid groups until the last minute, as they then can't loot Timeless Coins, or quest.

Obviously, this slows the process down, immensely, as almost everyone is waiting for last call, to join.

You need some kind of system where you can gather people together, but remain ungrouped and then, when the group is full (or nearly full), convert it to an actual raid group.
Edited by Tigemma on 03/10/2013 13:00 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]