"The crowd chooses you" counter - Fix it or remove it.

90 Human Priest
I thought u quit wow? :P

Got 30 days of playtime and well, you can see when the last time I was online was..
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/10/2013 19:00Posted by Drmehico
I thought u quit wow? :P

Got 30 days of playtime and well, you can see when the last time I was online was..

örebro is winning against luleå! :O
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
08/10/2013 18:55Posted by Drmehico
As there was thousands of posts on AJ and WoW EU and US forums when The Crowd Chooses You was on PTR stage (about TCCY is super abusable and causes gameplay changing element by promoting turtling), nothing was done to it. How can you expect people to be patient and have any high expectations for this next "fix"? I am terrified to read the change when you decide to release it, as it can not be anything good. I would love to be wrong though.

Can't really blame them for not listening to the community, most of the feedback is complete garbage.

I really don't know then, I wrote about 5-10 different, elaborative posts about TCCY and how it will affect gameplay. Too bad 3v3 aint infested with doublehealer teams or triple HotW-restodruids going for TCCY buff so that this thing could be cleared out completely. I've done 5x healer 5s couple games and won them with relatively high mmr just because of TCCY.

I don't like the fact that Blizzard Developers have to run into a wall several times before realizing, that running to a wall hurts. TCCY is perfect example of this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It will happen, and we intend for it to happen very soon.
The later we fix this, the higher the chance of causing long term effects on the current season.

The Crowd Chose You is definitely not working as we hoped it would, and we’re sorry for the problems that this has already caused.
Meanwhile I would just like to ask everyone for a little bit more patience, as we want to do this fast, but we also want to do it right this time around.

Make it quick pls, SoonTM is getting a bit old
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The later we fix this, the higher the chance of causing long term effects on the current season.

The Crowd Chose You is definitely not working as we hoped it would, and we’re sorry for the problems that this has already caused.
Meanwhile I would just like to ask everyone for a little bit more patience, as we want to do this fast, but we also want to do it right this time around.

Dear Taepsilum,

I think most people here know that you aren't at fault for this mess, the problem is that people are insanely tired of things like this happened. Since the beginning of MoP people even high rated experienced players have often provided hard numerical facts that some of your intended changes were plain bad or easily abusable.
You were told of bugs, exploits, balance issues and cheaters and yet every single last time you let them pass to live and often kept defending them. I remember Ghostcrawler telling us to keep track of 5 stacks of TfB during 5.0 and how avatar was fine.
Shortly after the nerf hammer hit warriors, several times over, because it was not fine in any kind of way.

This season alone has seen TCCY, the Conquest Bug, people telling you about rogues abusing shadowstep on strands of the ancients and some nasty balance issues.

So anything but the straight removal of TCCY isn't going to help. The only way I could see this work is as a game ender. Basically if someone died the other team gets the buff at the 15 minutes mark to keep healers/tanks from trolling.

Can't really blame them for not listening to the community, most of the feedback is complete garbage.

No, you can blame them perfectly fine. Some of the feedback is indeed subpar thus as warriors defending their class during 5.0/5.1. A lot of other stuff can be easily proven and should be obvious even to them.
Yet they choose to complete ignore it every single last time often arguing against it just to eventually make a 180 degree turn once the issue became to severe to ignore.
I'm sorry Blizzard, but this is true. I called this problem out the minute you announced it and proposed alternative solutions.

Look, we get that you're the designers and we're the players and that obviously you're pretty good at what you do - otherwise we wouldn't be here... On the other hand, I'd argue that some of us have been here long enough to know when these kinds of things happen, and that you really ought to listen up when you get such overwhelming amounts of consistent feedback.

EVERYBODY was saying that this would happpen. Not literally everybody or almost everybody; EVERYBODY. We all had different ideas as to what could be done to fix it, but you should probably have pulled the feature until you had figured out a better solution. This pretty much was a season-killing disaster. I hope you didn't bleed too many subs on this one, but I have a growing suspicion you did...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
First of all; it needs a rework.

either make the health based on % and NOT hp

or completly remove it

The health shouldnt have ANYTHING to do with the buff.
The only thing the buff should react to is how many players are left.

I think they should keep it in 2s, (rework it maybe) but remove it from 3s, anyway- as elemetal I can ride with it ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Why not try the same approach as Arena-Tournaments.com ?

After 5-10min all damage and healing are increased by 10-20%, same at the next 5-10min mark

Not sure if it's 5 or 10 min, 10 or 20%, but you get want i mean.
Edited by Flip on 09/10/2013 21:22 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/10/2013 16:28Posted by Taepsilum
I completely agree. Something needs to happen!

I hope so

It need emergency hotfix.... if you ask me it shoud be hotfixed yesterday :-D

In past blizzard really got several BAD seasons, when something bad was noticable in day 1 ,,,and yet they waited next season to fix.
Reply Quote
Community
As an update to this, a recent post on the US forums by Lore elaborates on our plans for "The Crowd Chose You" buff:

Lore:
With Patch 5.4, we added a mechanic called "The Crowd Chose You" to Arena gameplay. This mechanic was added to suit two primary goals: keep the game from dragging on too long, and make sure matches always end with one team declared the winner. However, we wanted something that wouldn’t make players feel they needed to change how they played the game. Unfortunately, the implementation of The Crowd Chose You that went live with Patch 5.4 is not filling that last requirement.

So, we’re going to take a different approach. In an upcoming hotfix, we’ll be removing The Crowd Chose You entirely, and replacing it with a new mechanic called Dampening. If a match should last for 10 minutes, all players in the Arena will begin to receive a stacking debuff that reduces healing done by 1% every 10 seconds. This will continue until one team is eventually able to claim the victory. In the extremely unlikely event that neither team has won after 20 minutes, the match will end in a draw.

We feel that this mechanic will have a much smaller impact on playstyle, team composition, and decision making than The Crowd Chose You, and thus result in more fun and exciting matches. We’re currently testing the hotfix internally, and will provide an update when it goes live.

We hope that you feel, like us, that this change will be a great improvement upon "The Crowd Chose You" buff and we look forward to hearing your feedback.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a few comments to this.
As a pure healer, this seems very bad. And very bias towards dps and hybrids.

As I healer I will not have any chance to assist my teammates after 10 mins, healers dps ability's are pretty weak, as they should be.

I think this will likely kill all healer/dps combos in 2's.
It seems that with this change, a dual hybrid in 2's ,just need to wait 10 min against any healer/dps combo and the game will take out the healer for them.
Especially since the hybrid healing is very strong, it would not be hard to turtle until the healer is taken out.

I even think that in 3s, with the correct hybrid comb, triple dps hybrids combs will win by default, against any team with a pure healer.

The tactic would to be, to have a triple dps hybrid combo with powerful enough offhealing, cc's/esacpe abliltys to avoid the majority of the fight for 10 mins, and the just pop all damage cd's and kill off a dps, while the healer is just watching.

How will this effect Warriors and Warlocks? and other dps classes which have some sort of shield or similar damange migration ability, and how about damage reducing ability's like Hand of Sacrifice?
Edited by Tyrinia on 10/10/2013 08:54 BST
Reply Quote
Double rogue for Godlike...
Reply Quote
Community
10/10/2013 08:48Posted by Tyrinia
How will this effect Warriors and Warlocks? and other dps classes which have some sort of shield or similar damange migration ability, and how about damage reducing ability's like Hand of Sacrifice?
Self-healing, shielding as well as other abilities and spells like Necrotic Strikes absorption effectiveness will also be weakened by Dampening, it will not just affect healing.

At first, as a pure healer, this seems very bad. And very bias towards dps and hybrids.
We don't think that this change will diminish the value of healers or make them less desirable than they already are. Matches that lack healers, or even matches where only one team has a healer rarely last long enough for Dampening to kick in.

The tactic would to be, to have a triple dps combo with powerful enough offhealing, cc's/esacpe abliltys to avoid the majority of the fight for 10 mins, and the just pop all damage cd's and kill off a dps, while the healer is just watching.
That's a legitimate concern, however Dampening will hit the triple DPS team just as hard, if not harder than the opposing team, because their off-healing is already fairly weak and will just get weaker making a double DPS/healer team able to take them out as well. The main point to be made here is that this will affect both teams at an equal rate, so no individual team should be able to gain a greater advantage from it than the other.

Do remember that this feature is still under development and changes may occur to it, so please let us know what you think. :)
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
If a double rogue would just sit and wait for 10 minutes until healing debuff starts to stack up, it will be very faceroll to kill.. how are you able to fix that?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think this will likely kill all healer/dps combos in 2's.
It seems that with this change, a dual hybrid in 2's ,just need to wait 10 min against any healer/dps combo and the game will take out the healer for them.
Especially since the hybrid healing is very strong, it would not be hard to turtle until the healer is taken out.

I even think that in 3s, with the correct hybrid comb, triple dps hybrids combs will win by default, against any team with a pure healer.

Just no. Double or triple dps with hybrids rely on healing too. It will start gimping them too. And show me a triple dps team that can turtle even 5 minutes or 2 dps combo that can turtle for 10 minutes against decent skilled healer+dps. And remember that it's a stacking buff of 1% every 1 seconds. It does not take a healer out instantly.
Edited by Johnmatríx on 10/10/2013 09:11 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/10/2013 09:08Posted by Recklesstabs
If a double rogue would just sit and wait for 10 minutes until healing debuff starts to stack up, it will be very faceroll to kill.. how are you able to fix that?
The stealth detection buff?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Will it affect the health return component of mage food (and bandages)?
I don't really know if that would be an issue but if it would, inb4 MAGE FOOD OP NERF NAO threads.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
Its very easy just to take the eyes as a rogue and get a restealth. especially if you take glyph of stealth you can just sap your enemy , get the eye and instant restealth.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Not sure if I like it or not, but I'm always up for changes.. Lets try it before we all whine and kill eachother on forums please..?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
nvm wasn't thinking
Edited by Evelin on 10/10/2013 10:47 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]