Burden of Eternity droprate

90 Night Elf Death Knight
SPQ
Did the droprate get nerfed? I'm not talking about the gamble chests, but only from rares.

Across 2 characters I got like 18 burdens, but suddenly the last 2 weeks I'm getting 0.
Reply Quote
26 Human Warlock
I've only ever gotten 1 burden from a monster so I will never know if it gets buffed or nerfed
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
well... ive only seen 1 or 2 drop on all my chars together... since 5.4
Edited by Mlgdk on 09/10/2013 22:41 BST
Reply Quote
Only saw one drop on all my chars, so i wouldnt know
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
kill mobs not rares, if a rare is near, then go kill it, but I have seen far more burdens drop from normal mobs than I have seen from rares, turtles on the beach and the fire guys (who give rep) up near the Houlon spawn point all seen to have a good chance to drop a burden.

For me the rares are just dropping coins and junk now, so I don't really bother with them that much, but Evermaw and the Pirate Ship seem to be still worth doing, and don't forget to go get your sparkly chest up in the gated area, (that contains 1 burden) you don't need the epic cloak to get in, just buy some invis potions if you haven't got stealth, and jump on a bird.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
in my experience they do seem to have nerfed them, on my main char it took about a week to get all the burdens that I needed but my alt I have only got 2 in 3 weeks and 1 of those was from the 100% drop from the chest in the sanctuary. to add insult to injury I logged on with my main character by mistake and the first thing I killed gave me a burden of eternity.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Nope, not nerfed - I got one from Evermaw last Friday, then straight away another one from the ship.

It's just RNG.
Reply Quote
SPQ
I find it hard to believe it's just rng or luck. I got 1-3 burdens a day 2 weeks ago, now 0 in a whole week.
Edited by Naytoo on 10/10/2013 18:57 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed it, to make LFR seem more appealing, drop-wise.

It's kind of like shutting the stable door, after the horse has bolted, but still.
Reply Quote
I have around 60k coins from killings mobs/ rares and got 0 burdens, that's from patch day 1 (without the one from the chest @ ordos sanctuary)

while my guildie has around same coins but around 8-9 burdens

RNG
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I think it's just random to be honest. Maybe you just aren't as lucky lately with them.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
same thing happened to me tbh, gotten 12 burdens on this char that i used on the timeless island first, farmed around there for about 2 weeks.
Last weeks i've been farming on my mage and haven't gotten a single one except the one i "stole" with using slowfall to the ordos sanc and opening the chest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
rng
Reply Quote
i have 7 on this char and none on my 4 alts

totally pointless .. need to be BoA imo
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i`m vendoring them i had 18+ on this char alone so no not nerfed its damn rng since rare items refuse to drop and burden drop 24/7 with me......

Everytime my main raider does weekly for the vp i get 1-4 burdens alone so yeah:(
Edited by Lightgoddess on 12/10/2013 00:59 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I wish more would drop for me because so far all the burden items I've rolled have rolled with no spirit on :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Still getting burdens from those chests, but these days I use most of my coins on the more important Magical Pet Biscuit.

And I've seen the island already, not really spending time there anymore. Unless I need more Biscuits...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I did seem to be more lucky the first week then any other time thereafter. Not sure if that's down to a nerf or whether it's just that I've not been as lucky.
Edited by Punyelf on 14/10/2013 20:16 BST
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warlock
I did seem to be more lucky the first week then any other time thereafter. Not sure if that's don't to a nerf or whether it's just that I've not been as lucky.

I have a feeling they nerfed them somewhat overall when they nerfed the droprate from the chests at the crazy monkey..
Reply Quote
I was getting them like candy from a baby when I started, but I know other guild members who never get them. Now I need them to gear my o/s none are dropping not even from the gambling chests and I must have blown nearly 40,000 coins in there over the past two weeks. In my opinion its just rng :( don't forget you can farm coins, Archerous drops one for the Shaohan rep quest and the sparkly chest are all guaranteed burdens. Otherwise you're at the mercy of blizz' dreaded RNG :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]