Can we fly before 90 in Pandaria already?

90 Goblin Shaman
ANG
I've leveled more than 7 chars through Pandaria, it is insanely tiresome and infuriating not to be able to fly in Pandaria to the point where I leveled the last two chars through dungeons with rested XP alone.

The story is incredible linear, there is no exploration left at all, the best thing is seeing below 90 bots flying without mounts and level 90 farm druid bots snatching all the mining nodes and herbs you had to fight to get to away right in front of you and it's plain unfun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Of all the expansions so far, I've the fewest memories of Cataclysm. It's mostly the music and Vashj'ir that really stuck to me, but since I rushed several characters - including the first in the expansion - through each zone (reading quests the first few times ofc), I've missed the real immersion of all the zones.

Uldum was a bit too big for flying, but especially due to its theme, going there on ground (during the x-pack) would've been a lot more fun. I'd prefer running around that desert on a camel waiting for the next sand-storm to cover my eyes and shield the presence nearby enemies over flying past all that and barely noticing that you're supposed to be in a scorching hot desert.

I still think it's a good idea to keep leveling players on the ground. The continent loses a lot of 'size' and important details if you just fly past everything in your rush.

And yes, I leveled about 7 characters myself through MoP.

On a sidenote, Storm Peaks is imo the only zone that still pulls you in, despite the fact that you can fly there - heck, you HAVE to fly there to get anywhere! If zones are designed for flying, then I wouldn't mind flying a bit sooner - at say level 88. Kun'lai comes close to Storm Peaks in that sense. Again, imo.
Edited by Myõe on 10/10/2013 20:57 BST
Reply Quote
44 Blood Elf Rogue
Got my seventh 90 today and have another two nearly there, and I completely agree.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
i'd like to see something similar to what they did in wrath, where you could buy boa flight training manuals from the flight masters to let your alts fly earlier in northrend.

this way they keep everyone on the ground at least one time, (more for poor/cheap people), and people who are willing to pay can fly on their alts.

win win :D
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
ANG
10/10/2013 20:55Posted by Myõe
I still think it's a good idea to keep leveling players on the ground. The continent loses a lot of 'size' and important details if you just fly past everything in your rush.

1. No.
2. The "size" does not matter at this point anymore, hell it stopped mattering the second or at the very latest third time around in fact it made it all the worse.
3. I've seen these details already being forced to see them over and over and over again doesn't make them anymore fun it just makes it more tedious and annoying.

Your achievments disagree with you. You leveled three characters to max level. Why aren't you being honest?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/10/2013 21:10Posted by Erìs

1. No.
2. The "size" does not matter at this point anymore, hell it stopped mattering the second or at the very latest third time around in fact it made it all the worse.
3. I've seen these details already being forced to see them over and over and over again doesn't make them anymore fun it just makes it more tedious and annoying.

Not sure what to make of this. I agree that the quest progress is way too linear - they should also revamp the quest reward system to show items your class can use, instead of your current spec. Then again, the regions are quite well made. I keep seeing new things as I go through them. If your mind is on level 90 and level 90 only, then the other 89 are nothing but a drag no matter what kind of amazing region you are in (I still enjoy Vashj'ir, even after countless alts did it before).
By allowing people to fly, you're not even giving people the option of enjoyment anymore, as flying goes hand in hand with rushed leveling (most of the time).
Provide me some boundaries and arguments to understand your view better: are you just rushing everything? Is the world itself totally uninteresting to you, even after several alts? By that reasoning, would an instant-90 button not be more interesting in that case? You catch my drift.

10/10/2013 21:10Posted by Erìs

Your achievments disagree with you. You leveled three characters to max level. Why aren't you being honest?

Actually, I leveled 4 character to max level. I never said I leveled 7 characters to max level, I said I leveled them through MoP, which does not necessarily mean the entirety of MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Of all the expansions so far, I've the fewest memories of Cataclysm. It's mostly the music and Vashj'ir that really stuck to me, but since I rushed several characters - including the first in the expansion - through each zone (reading quests the first few times ofc), I've missed the real immersion of all the zones.

Uldum was a bit too big for flying, but especially due to its theme, going there on ground (during the x-pack) would've been a lot more fun. I'd prefer running around that desert on a camel waiting for the next sand-storm to cover my eyes and shield the presence nearby enemies over flying past all that and barely noticing that you're supposed to be in a scorching hot desert.

On a sidenote, Storm Peaks is imo the only zone that still pulls you in, despite the fact that you can fly there - heck, you HAVE to fly there to get anywhere! If zones are designed for flying, then I wouldn't mind flying a bit sooner - at say level 88. Kun'lai comes close to Storm Peaks in that sense. Again, imo.

Agreed, flying should never be allowed before reaching the max lvl for each continent, except a few exceptions
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I have 6 characters at 90 with a 7th at 68 and 1 85 I can't be bothered with - I completely agree with OP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
No please no flying mounts !
Reply Quote
No. Just no. Just because you have multiple level 90 characters doesn't mean new people which are leveling in Pandaria for the first time should miss out on a lot of beautiful and important details of the game.
Reply Quote
Flying mounts are one of the banes of this game, I don't think they should ever have been introduced, especially not in Azeroth. I hope Blizzard stay resilient in this regarding Pandaria. Let's play some more Little Hamlet of Warcraft everyone! :))) It's called a world for a reason, you silly goblin!

If it adds some worth and validation to my comment, I too have 7 level 90s. :))))))
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
The funny thing about flying is, that it is being abused as a scapegoat. Its a scapegoat for world pvp vanishing, and its a scapegoat for missing "immersion".

Thats just a fallacy. People wont do more world pvp if there werent flying mounts. And people would not immerse more into the world, if there werent flying mounts.

World pvp has vanished because blizzard introduced battlegrounds. World pvp only was popular before patch 1.5.0, and never really after. I think the most popular world pvp we got nowadays is lowie ganking. And i dont really think this is something blizzard should really support.

And about immersion.. the game is 10 years old. How to immerse into something you live in for that long already? You know every tree, every stone and every murloc. By its first name. And his family. Where should people immerse a lot into or even explore anything if everything already is known?

People, if you watch youtube videos, please just dont believe everything the good guy is telling you there, wont you?
Edited by Lonk on 10/10/2013 23:40 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Why do we even fly? - to me, the whole flying thing is getting more and more unnecessary in majority of content. in The Burning Crusade, yeah, we needed to fly over the land in order to avoid the Burning Legion's elite forces. in Wrath of the Lich King, I guess Icecrown and Storm Peaks were making it necessary to fly over the land. - I get the Cataclysm too, even if the majority of Cataclysm could perfectly be experienced without flying - and, in fact, it did.

Pandaria. Dread Wastes, yeah, it makes sense in just this one region.

But what's the point of flying when you're going to develop your major content for non-flying and your late game for flying? - Just make it all flying or not to let people see your point; Flying should not be some reward, it should be the necessary part of the game where it is a complete necessity.

Otherwise, you get "Let us Instat Telepot a plaace!!1" (Portal Suggestions or Mass Summon) threads or a Suggestion of %900 flight speed.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
I think pandaria should be flyable before level 90. The expansion is in its requiem already.
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
90 Draenei Shaman
10/10/2013 23:18Posted by Daenardo
No. Just no. Just because you have multiple level 90 characters doesn't mean new people which are leveling in Pandaria for the first time should miss out on a lot of beautiful and important details of the game.

Isn't that the choice of the player though? Playing devil's advocate here, if they have levelled through the zones on land once, is there much they will gain from doing it a second/third time, is it any more beautiful than it was first time around, second time around, hell.. even fifth time around?

This being said, I do see the benefits of being land mount restricted, but if you have many level 85-89's I can see the frustration too. I would not be adversed to something you could buy such as a tome of pandaria flight that enables all account wide chars to fly in pandaria but has a high gold cost to make sure that as an account you have truly earned said right to fly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i'd like to see something similar to what they did in wrath, where you could buy boa flight training manuals from the flight masters to let your alts fly earlier in northrend.

this way they keep everyone on the ground at least one time, (more for poor/cheap people), and people who are willing to pay can fly on their alts.

win win :D

/thread?:p

And about immersion.. the game is 10 years old. How to immerse into something you live in for that long already? You know every tree, every stone and every murloc. By its first name. And his family. Where should people immerse a lot into or even explore anything if everything already is known?

yup reason my 4th to 8th alt took so long was because if this..... I could walk around pandaria blindfolded:(

I even started to recognise the oh this the stone with a scratch on it! From miles afar.....
Edited by Lightgoddess on 11/10/2013 00:09 BST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
save the flying for max levels. Some things should be kept exclusive for max level. They have made this game easy enough as it is with faster levelling and more.
Reply Quote
32 Blood Elf Paladin
No.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
I avoid MoP content as much as possible on my alts due to the lack of flying. It's a huge PITA and completely ruins the fun of levelling. Riding around with a giant mob train after you, while trying to figure out the illogical path system through the jade forest is _not_ fun.
Actually I just took my level 86 rogue back to Cata zones (despite them being awful), just because it's so much more fun to fly.

I don't see the issue with allowing flying. If people are so upset about their experience being ruined, they can just use land mounts instead. Last time I checked, flying mounts didn't make it impossible to ride on the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Introducing flying mounts was the worst decision the devs ever made, tbh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]