Haste cap for frost pve

90 Blood Elf Mage
Hello ,

After looking through so many threads i still cannot find the answer when to stop stacking haste in favour of mastery, at the moment im at 16859 , im thinking its too high looking at others stopping around 1400 or so.

Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
have you thought about respeccing out of frost? It seems that arcane and fire overtake frost as ilvl increases - and 550 which you are should favour either fire or arcane. Also any haste that brings your frostbolt casts below 1s is a waste as the GCD is capped at 1s
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Akraen has a frost mage guide on MMO Champion. Haste breakpoints for NT an LB are listed. I'm at a bit over the second NT breakpoint at the moment. My second mage isn't quite there yet, but is well past the first breakpoint.

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the breakpoints as haste is so variable in an encounter (lots of meta gem uptime, icy veins etc).

Up until very recently, I gemmed Briliant/Reckless/Veiled, but I have been shifting somewhat to Reckless/Quick/Lightning gemming with new gear. Haste gemming is certainly better than intellect at this gear level when not haste-capped, but the meta gem in particular will easily cap instant casts. Akraen has a lot of analysis on haste/mastery balance. What works for you may depend on your latency, reflexes, play style and of course the encounter itself.

A big part of why haste works so well for Frost is that it increases the number of Brain Freeze procs. Bombs will tick faster even after Frostbolt is capped.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]