Siege of Orgrimmar hunter spec

90 Worgen Hunter
Can anyone give me a list over what hunter specs that is the best for each boss in Siege of orgrimmar? Going to switch between BM and SV depending on the fight.
Reply Quote
SV and MM in pve deal more damage than BM
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
SV and MM in pve deal more damage than BM

Not true, single target: BM>SV>MM in PvE actually.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Once you have 4 set, Survival is probably better. If you care about gaining a tiny bit of dps here and there you can still switch on fights (check the hunter forums on MMO champion)
Personally, unless you're in a top end heroic raiding guild, I'd just go with whatever you prefer and find most fun to play. I just stick to survival as I've never liked BM :p
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Once you have 4 set, Survival is probably better. If you care about gaining a tiny bit of dps here and there you can still switch on fights (check the hunter forums on MMO champion)
Personally, unless you're in a top end heroic raiding guild, I'd just go with whatever you prefer and find most fun to play. I just stick to survival as I've never liked BM :p

I have the 4set but i still find that BM does more dps for me, maybe im just more used to playing BM than SV i guess? gonna try out MM tomorrow tho cuss it's been such a long time since i played it and i miss it :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
i think they are pretty equal, they only thing i think you need is glyph of deterrence and iron hawk so that you can soak bombs
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

It's really not that easy. It's fantastic that all 3 of our specs are so close single target, and different variables will give different results for different people. People with high ilvl weapons compared to the rest of there gear may find MM ahead, whilst others with 4 set could find SV ahead, and others with x set of gear could find BM ahead. The fantastic thing is: They are all extremely close.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
14/10/2013 15:17Posted by Jerby

It's really not that easy. It's fantastic that all 3 of our specs are so close single target, and different variables will give different results for different people. People with high ilvl weapons compared to the rest of there gear may find MM ahead, whilst others with 4 set could find SV ahead, and others with x set of gear could find BM ahead. The fantastic thing is: They are all extremely close.

World of Logs tells a very different story, MM is way below both BM and SV on every fight.
Edited by Seby on 14/10/2013 16:42 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

While you aren't wrong or anything, you need to take a little bit of common sense into consideration as well. Even is Marksmanship sims ahead of the other specs for you single target, there are realistically only 2-3 fights where you can even consider playing Marksmanship. At the end of the day Beast Mastery and Survival have a few unique traits and tools while Marksmanship has absolutely nothing.

Anyway I can give you my personal list and what I play on which bosses. Just take it with a big bucket of salt because I might have special jobs on those fights that requires me to play these specs, my gear might be different from yours, and my raid size or difficulty can be different from yours.

Immerseus - Survival - Multi-dotting, DoTs on adds that spread out and pet issues.
Fallen Protectors - Survival - Multi-dotting.
Norushen - Survival - Multi-dotting.
Sha of Pride - Beast Mastery - Best single target and snap AoE damage.
Galakras - Survival - Prolonged AoE, DoTs on adds that spread out and pet issues (tower duty).
Iron Juggernaut - Beast Mastery - Best single target and pet stays in range if you get knocked away.
Dark Shamans - Beast Mastery - Best single target damage and high cleave damage early on.
General Nazgrim - Survival - Multi-dotting and a root for the Assassin.
Malkorok - Beast Mastery - Best single target damage.
Spoils of Pandaria - Survival - Multi-dotting, DoTs on adds that spread out, pet issues and being able to roll DoTs when finishing off more important mobs.
Thok the Bloodthirsty - Beast Mastery - Best single target damage, high cleave damage on the bats (heroic only) and a heal when I'm kiting out of a healer's range.
Siegecrafter Blackfuse - Beast Mastery - Burst damage required on the conveyor belt.
Paragons of the Klaxxi - Undecided, probably Beast Mastery.
Garrosh Hellscream - Undecided, played all specs on normal and they all have uses. Unsure on the heroic-only phase.

Once again, I'm not claiming that these are the best specs for the fight. I'm also not saying Marksmanship isn't viable (because it certainly is), I'm merely posting my own personal thoughts and experiences which worked best for my gear in our raid setup. More likely than not this won't even apply to you due to our play differences and such.
Edited by Bovan on 15/10/2013 05:57 BST
Reply Quote
In Blizzard's statistics (saw on forum dont remember tread name) % damage was 1) surv 2) mm 3) bm.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
In Blizzard's statistics (saw on forum dont remember tread name) % damage was 1) surv 2) mm 3) bm.

Blizzard has never and will never post ''official'' statistics like that. Either you are making things up, or you misunderstood whatever they were talking about.
Edited by Bovan on 14/10/2013 22:34 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Can pets reach the Siege Engineers on Garrosh? I want to try BM there, but I'm worried that my pet will glitch
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Can pets reach the Siege Engineers on Garrosh? I want to try BM there, but I'm worried that my pet will glitch

It can't, tested this my self since i was assigned to killing the Siege Engineers, i just play as SV instead on that fight.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
For Dark Shamans - BM only if you can afford using a turtle instead of other buff/debuff pets. Otherwise, I find I have to revive my pet 4-5 times per encounter which massively decreases your damage as a BM
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/10N/100/14/60/default/

How is MM viable? It's at the very bottom of the list.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
vi•a•ble (vīˈə-bəl)
adj. Capable of living, developing, or germinating under favorable conditions.
adj. Capable of living outside the uterus. Used of a fetus or newborn.
adj. Capable of success or continuing effectiveness; practicable: a viable plan; a viable national economy. See Synonyms at possible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/10N/100/14/60/default/

How is MM viable? It's at the very bottom of the list.

It's not... if you wanna stay competitive it's useless.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I'm going to post the same as bovan, what specs i play for each fight (heroic) as it'll emphasize that you can pretty much play anything you want and do fine.

Immersus: Survival
Protectors: Survival
Norushen: Beastmastery ( i'm usually one of the first to be told to go in )
Sha of pride: Beastmastery
Galakras: Survival ( i'm on the tower gnome protection team :( )
Juggernaut: Beastmastery
Shamans: Beastmastery
Nazgrim: Beastmastery ( boss is tanked in with the adds so i cleave a lot, aoc means you have a bw for every add spawn pretty much )
Malkorok: Beastmastery ( cleave onto blobs that get gripped )
Spoils: Beastmastery ( havent been in on this since i got 4 set but went bm for progress to cleave and single target nuke )
Thok: Survival ( don't lose so much dps in the latter phases of kiting when your pet can't keep up )
Siegecraft: Beastmastery ( I'm on the belt constantly but survival does good if you get an es proc with 4 set )
Paragons: at first glance beast mastery as its kinda single target (cleave is just padding )
Garrosh: depends on the heroic phase probably survival as its reliable
Reply Quote
87 Troll Rogue
14/10/2013 12:01Posted by Promises
Once you have 4 set, Survival is probably better.

Quite the opposite actually. 4 set synergizes far better with BM because of AoC, since AoC lowers BW CD, while for survival it lower BA which is not really needed.

4 set + AoC heavily favours BM, its abit silly actually.
Edited by Uld on 17/10/2013 17:24 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Once you have 4 set, Survival is probably better.

Quite the opposite actually. 4 set synergizes far better with BM because of AoC, since AoC lowers BW CD, while for survival it lower BA which is not really needed.

4 set + AoC heavily favours BM, its abit silly actually.

''Heavily'' is a bit too generous. While they work nicely together the 4 piece bonus for Beast Mastery is somewhat poor. Meanwhile you can turn that argument around as well, high uptime on Black Arrow equals more Lock and Load procs, giving you more Explosive Shots with the 4 piece bonus.

Survival's single target with 4 piece is quite good, but I don't see it beating Beast Mastery apart from some weird freak accidents or gear levels.
Edited by Bovan on 17/10/2013 23:53 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]