Flex raiding

90 Orc Warrior
So i've LFR'd for 6-7 weeks now and my ilvl is 530 and my dps is between 130-150k so i want to transition to flex raiding, but 95% of the flex groups demand to be around 540 or even higher which is the ilvl that drops in flex.

so how the hell do i transition to flex without acces to the gear required for it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
make your own group or find one on openraid where you match the requirements.

or, come to the forum and blame random people for no reason until the thread turns into a mudfight like always
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
make your own group or find one on openraid where you match the requirements.

or, come to the forum and blame random people for no reason until the thread turns into a mudfight like always

i've checked openraid thx for that one had no idea it excisted :)

thx for the fast answer
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Also, OQueue addon.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Another happy customer thanks to a 3rd party. You are too slow Blizzard!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Openraid.eu is great for pugs as well as the previously mentioned OQ addon.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman

Does it even matter if its trough Openraid or going trough Blizzard himself? isn't it more fun to let the players himself build up the community? i am personally against the OQ addon but Openraid imo, is just fine.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Also, OQueue addon.

Everytime i want to check that on curse it says "This project is in moderation."
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
Well, with 530 you can always ask them if it's okay if you join as you know the fights and have done them (or most of 'm).

Even if you don't have the achievement you can ask for a gear inspect (so they can see you gem and enchant properly) and tell them you've seen the fatboss raidguides, for example.

A bit of interaction usually does the trick.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

Does it even matter if its trough Openraid or going trough Blizzard himself? isn't it more fun to let the players himself build up the community? i am personally against the OQ addon but Openraid imo, is just fine.

Yep, it's like with DBM or Omen. Sure, blizz could have put the time in to make their own equallents, but why bother when 3rd party sources does it for free?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Except in this case Blizzard made their own variant a long time ago, Social->Other raids.

It is not x-realm, and no-one uses it - but on the other hand the raids are separated and you can describe yourself.

Blizzard has also replaced addons by their own stuff, like calendar and outfitter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Things like openraid and OQ work fine. You can however always ask I think. Seeing that you've actually taken the time to enchant and gem your gear properly I'd probably take you with me if you'd just ask nice. On the other hand, not everyone is willing to give strangers a try:(
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
So i've LFR'd for 6-7 weeks now and my ilvl is 530 and my dps is between 130-150k so i want to transition to flex raiding, but 95% of the flex groups demand to be around 540 or even higher which is the ilvl that drops in flex.

so how the hell do i transition to flex without acces to the gear required for it?

Previous NM raid tier (522/528)
Current LFR raid tier (528)
VP gear (522)
VP upgrade (+8)
Timeless Isle gear (535)
Nalakk + Oondasta (522)
Celestials (553)
(Ordos (559))
Edited by Grothendieck on 02/11/2013 06:23 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Instal oQeue addon and search for cross-realm Flex PUGs there.
With ilv530 you should without problems find groups for first 2 parts and also Part3 groups with that ilv should be available.
iLv540+ is there required often for Part3 and most of time for Part4.

Once you have legendary cloak you have access to very high iLv gear from Ordos.
He drop ilv559 items which upgraded go to ilv567 and boost overall iLv quite nice.
And Celestials drop ilv533 (ilv561 upgraded) set legs and gloves so with bit of luck and legendary cloak you can get your iLv boosted quite nice.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Hunter
01/11/2013 12:40Posted by Shinbou
Also, OQueue addon.

Everytime i want to check that on curse it says "This project is in moderation."

cause of donation button - u can still download it from author site.
Edited by Lilíith on 02/11/2013 07:56 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
01/11/2013 10:21Posted by Ávitus

There is nothing wrong with it but the people who started openraid are saving Blizzards !@#. And with billions of dollars and this game being 10 years in the making they should have come up with something themselves already.

Around 250k users on OpenRaid and I can't even imagine how many people use OQ. Most of them probably wouldn't be able to join a pug raid through trade chat or LFG because they took years to start "merging" realms while their customers were constantly reminding them about this serious issue.
Edited by Forlin on 04/11/2013 08:34 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Except in this case Blizzard made their own variant a long time ago, Social->Other raids.

It is not x-realm, and no-one uses it - but on the other hand the raids are separated and you can describe yourself.

Blizzard has also replaced addons by their own stuff, like calendar and outfitter.

They should get some balls and take some risks instead of being extremely cautious and wait with replacing addons like that for years...
Or add some lame LFG tool and then say "it's so hard to create and add a proper tool" while some random people already made it... and that comes from a company who makes so much money and has 10 years of experience developing this game. Sounds like a joke to me.
Edited by Forlin on 04/11/2013 08:30 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]