The WoW age range and maturity - no link.

90 Orc Warrior
Thread of realisation. Could be seen as QQ by some.
Please take time to read.

After a lot of instances, LFR<-- , bgs, arenas, you name it. I have had just about enough of some 'adults' going on about how kids are ruining the game, how they all play badly and how they are all immature and the centre of immaturity within the game.

I am 15 years old, straight A student with a decent life, not hooked to WoW at all. Yes my parents pay for this game, when I am old enough I'll get a summer job and make money to pay for it. But one thing I find so amazing is these adults who should be setting an example to me of how I should be when I am older seem to just turn in to spoiled brats and behave like what they are saying kids are with too much ego and not enough respect who don't seem to have half a brain under their skull.

Don't get me wrong, people my age can be horrible, people any age can and that's a fact. but I think that some of the WoW community has deteriorated so badly that I had to make this thread after my 2 years of WoW playing. I remain quiet so much now to avoid provoking any of these people splurging out vulgar language and abuse, I use bad language myself to friends but that's part of my British sense of humour. I don't use it to insult people at all.

So to sum it up what I am saying is, if you are an adult, be an adult, if you are my age, be pleasant and not the stereotypical teenager. Don't complain about kids, you will depend on them someday to keep you alive. I just think all the rashness of the game just just be toned down. I know it can't and won't stop but a small reduction would be appreciated by myself AND many others.

Hate all you want haters, I do not care, this post is a fact and one that is incredibly hard to change.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
So what was the point of this thread?

It doesn't really matter the age, immature people will be immature. Still don't get what the point of the thread is.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
So to sum it up what I am saying is, if you are an adult, be an adult, if you are my age, be pleasant and not the stereotypical teenager. Don't complain about kids, you will depend on them someday to keep you alive. I just think all the rashness of the game just just be toned down. I know it can't and won't stop but a small reduction would be appreciated by myself AND many others.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I completely agree with you, I know many well behaved teenagers and just as many very immaturely behaved adults.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I don't like kids.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
You'd probably find, that most of the people calling other people kids are people not older or even younger than yourself, in my experience anyway. We have no real way of knowing this ofc, without knowing them personally.

The way i see it, as long as you don't rise to it and turn into the likes of them, then don't even give them a second thought. Once you start dwelling on it to much, its starts to grate on you, how people can act the way they do and such but well, anonymity of the internet turns people into strange beings and they're best off sighed at and ignored.

Have faith though, for every ahole out there, there's always another decent person just around the corner.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Agreed with OP. I can perfectly understand his point of view.
Reply Quote
So what was the point of this thread?

It doesn't really matter the age, immature people will be immature. Still don't get what the point of the thread is.

This is true. I'm 41 yet if you read. Some of my posts I act like a tween, teen and adult. Just like some Tweens and teens can act like adults.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
You'd probably find, that most of the people calling other people kids are people not older or even younger than yourself, in my experience anyway. We have no real way of knowing this ofc, without knowing them personally.

The way i see it, as long as you don't rise to it and turn into the likes of them, then don't even give them a second thought. Once you start dwelling on it to much, its starts to grate on you, how people can act the way they do and such but well, anonymity of the internet turns people into strange beings and they're best off sighed at and ignored.

Have faith though, for every ahole out there, there's always another decent person just around the corner.

100% this. Oh... marry me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I'm sorry but you are going to be massively disappointed if you think grown ups are good examples on how to be nice and friendly.

Being young or old is not the problem, being a human being is. Sounds very depressing indeed, but it's up to you to be better than that, and that can't be all too hard.

So, the bad part is; all humans of all ages are horrible in a sense. The good part is; the standards are so low these days that it's easy to be known as friendly and easy going.
Reply Quote

100% this. Oh... marry me.

Ugh......a cowdwarf offspring. Can we call it a carf.........
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You're right that there can be as many immature adults as there can kids, in fact I know full well of of that myself from personal experience with people in this game, and just the internet in general.

It sounds as if you're offended by people using the term "kids"? I guess it also is used as some sort of derogatory insult, but I wouldn't take it too much to heart. Most of the time it's younger people that use themselves to try seem older than they actually are.

It's like when people say "THATS GAY", somehow loads of people say it even though it really doesn't make sense in the context people use it in. So yeah I wouldn't pay much attention, those people saying it in fact are probably as immature as the people they are trying to calling out. :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
31/10/2013 21:36Posted by Albíon
Ugh......a cowdwarf offspring. Can we call it a carf........

:P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I am in no way offended by the term kids, I'm not that sensitive :), but I can see where you're coming from. I think personally that one reason behind what my post says is the internet being what people say is a shield, it's virtual so some just don't care well they act. Oh well,

Being young or old is not the problem, being a human being is

That's very much correct.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Warlock
Thread of realisation. Could be seen as QQ by some.
Please take time to read.

After a lot of instances, LFR<-- , bgs, arenas, you name it. I have had just about enough of some 'adults' going on about how kids are ruining the game, how they all play badly and how they are all immature and the centre of immaturity within the game.

I am 15 years old, straight A student with a decent life, not hooked to WoW at all. Yes my parents pay for this game, when I am old enough I'll get a summer job and make money to pay for it. But one thing I find so amazing is these adults who should be setting an example to me of how I should be when I am older seem to just turn in to spoiled brats and behave like what they are saying kids are with too much ego and not enough respect who don't seem to have half a brain under their skull.

Don't get me wrong, people my age can be horrible, people any age can and that's a fact. but I think that some of the WoW community has deteriorated so badly that I had to make this thread after my 2 years of WoW playing. I remain quiet so much now to avoid provoking any of these people splurging out vulgar language and abuse, I use bad language myself to friends but that's part of my British sense of humour. I don't use it to insult people at all.

Hate all you want haters, I do not care, this post is a fact and one that is incredibly hard to change.

''Kids'' is a mmorpg and WoW jargon that describes a stereotype that does not necessarily mean age.And in the cases when it does, it describes a certain type of kid,not all kids.
You must learn mmorpg slang and jargon and you shouldn't take these things too personally,especially if you don't fit in that stereotype.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Which stereotype does it describe then? I'm curious as as far as I can tell by what the people I am talking about are saying, they are talking about minors. I'm not offended I am more frustrated.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Warlock
Which stereotype does it describe then? I'm curious as as far as I can tell by what the people I am talking about are saying, they are talking about minors. I'm not offended I am more frustrated.

Noob originally means a newbie=newb=someone that is new

When a person calls someone else a noob ,very rarely it means a newbie.Most of the time it means other things,which are not flattering and are rarely about how long have you played a certain game.
More or less the connection is the same as the context of this thread.You should be able to identify it.
Edited by Xawer on 31/10/2013 22:18 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Ah ok I see
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Wait, what? People talk in bgs and dungeons?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

They are. In general, I'm very comfortable with generalising based on experience. If you feel like the stereotypes don't apply to you, don't care about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]