Level up Soon to be 100?

100 Tauren Druid
Do you feel there are to much dings? Is it that the more dings you get, the more fun you have.

On a sidenote I wondered if perhaps the soon to be 100 levels were reorganized into 10 and each level was as much as 10 levels(before reorganization) with perks you attain on your xp bar every second bar you fill up. Sound like a cool idea?

I personally don't have a problem with 100 levels. Just wondering what everybody else has to say. Oh and are you okay with the levels increasing beyond to some bizarre amount? I think 200 or even a thousand levels would be okay but after 1000 I have to say enuff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Probs be 95. Blizzard said they were planning 2 more expansion, I'm guessing the one after the next expansion will be 100. But we will find out next week I guess.
Edited by Sttorrm on 03/11/2013 02:11 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
The BOA weapons from Garrosh seem to suggest 100.

We'll just have to wait and see! I think this Blizzcon will be a good one for info! :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If they keep the current Talent layout it'll be 105 even. Unless they change talents, it most likely will be 100, why? they allready did an 85 one, doing a 95 one will just ruin the gag. Or maybe the last one is going to be a total remake, you step trough a portal, everybody loses their powers and goes back to level 1. their gear will be broken, etc. :D

PRESTIGES UNLOCKED AT LEVEL 100! ;D
Edited by Teebufall on 03/11/2013 02:45 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I enjoy levelling characters so I really don't think I would mind an extra 10 levels all that much.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I thought it was confirmed(Garrosh drops).

But I'm interested in which direction leveling is taking. Are they going to fly into the infinity and beyond? Or settle on a locked range of levels where they squezze everything in? Either way I don't care about numbers, e.g. itemsquish I couldn't care less. But I think it's interesting discussion.

I do find numbers ranging from one to a couple of thousands aesthetically pleasing. And I used to care about this subject but one day I sat down and thought to myself...why does it matter to me? Why should anyone care? And why are time and effort put into fixing this "problem"? A healthbar without numbers is as good as any, numbers in this game is pretty pointless to keep track of, it doesn't change anything if we keep track of them except damage per second meters et cetera. They help you to know how well you perform(I know there are gray areas to what they can do but let's keep this away from that).
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
It was always confirmed since WoW began that the target level would be 100 at the very most. So probably 2 more expansions of 5 levels each if they still to the same recent model.
Reply Quote
It was always confirmed since WoW began that the target level would be 100 at the very most. So probably 2 more expansions of 5 levels each if they still to the same recent model.

No it wasn't
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If we get 10 more this expansion that would mean you can solo all raid content we have today and i don't think blizzard would want that. Other way you can with 100% certainty solo raid Cata raid in next expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Or maybe the last one is going to be a total remake, you step trough a portal, everybody loses their powers and goes back to level 1. their gear will be broken, etc. :D

Lol that isn't such a bad idea tbh :)
Reply Quote
If we get 10 more this expansion that would mean you can solo all raid content we have today and i don't think blizzard would want that. Other way you can with 100% certainty solo raid Cata raid in next expansion.

Why wouldn't they want that? It's 'old' content (or will be) so it'll make no difference to anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Levelling needs a fix when you level your character through 80 to 90 your all stats reducing..Imo this is a bad game design and makes levelling very boring,cause we must be stronger when we get higher level.Hope blizz fix this in next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Yes but perhaps they make new patches rather than new expansions after the last expansion(level 100) similar like isle of thunder and timeless isle.So you won't level your character just gearing.
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Monk
I wish that they would squish the numbers and squish the content for lvl 60 again. 1-45 is Azeroth, 45-55 is Outland-Northrend-Pandaria (or, if we get an Outland revamp, Northrend and Pandaria) and 55-60 is the new content.

The big problem with leveling is that it's sped up to accommodate a way longer leveling experience than what that leveling content was made for. It's incredibly out of pace with itself (quests going gray in the middle of the zone) and nobody cares for their gear (you level up too quickly for gear upgrades to be meaningful). They made the leveling experience bad, then made it even worse just so you can rush through the bad more quickly.

The content has to be remade so there are not so many steps of gear inflation and so many zones you must do.

If it's just another "more levels, new zone, new battleground, a raid at start" expansion with nothing to fix the piles of broken crap that's currently in the game, then thank you, but I'm out.
Reply Quote
Talking about the leveling time, I would have the following suggestion (but Blizzard also squished the XP needed to level up in the previous patches and expansions):

Level 1 to 10 must stay as it is. No reduction. Actually not ever because it is extremely easy to level up from 1 to 10.
Level 11 to 15 has a reduction scale. Minor at level 11 and substantial at level 15.
Level 11 to 90 (in the new expansion or in the preceeding patch 6.0) must require the same leveling time as level 11 to 85 in the current latest expansion Mists of Pandaria.
Level 90 to 95 must require the same leveling time as level 85 to 90 in MoP. Or: Level 90 to 100 must require 1.5 times (150 %) the leveling time as level 85 to 90 in MoP.

After all: the player must spend the same time to level a char up from 1 to 95 under the new expansioon as he/she spends to level up from 1 to 90 nowadays under MoP.

If in this expansion 10 levels are added, you should spend 1.5 times the time for your high level char, otherways IMO, you gain the levels too fast and go too fast through the new content.
Reply Quote
39 Undead Rogue

don't know where you are getting your information from, but it is wrong. The developers have always said that level 100 is just a number, not something that they are aiming to be the last level cap. whilst the game remains popular the level cap will continue to rise.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Level 1 to 10 must stay as it is. No reduction. Actually not ever because it is extremely easy to level up from 1 to 10.
Level 11 to 15 has a reduction scale. Minor at level 11 and substantial at level 15.
Level 11 to 90 (in the new expansion or in the preceeding patch 6.0) must require the same leveling time as level 11 to 85 in the current latest expansion Mists of Pandaria.
Level 90 to 95 must require the same leveling time as level 85 to 90 in MoP. Or: Level 90 to 100 must require 1.5 times (150 %) the leveling time as level 85 to 90 in MoP.

I still hope blizzard is going to rebalance low level content.

As like Mor Ladim would become a world boss, protection warriors wont kill you by one single shield slam and you would have to care a little bit more than just to mount up, pull them all, and do 2-3 aoe effects to kill them all.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 11:03Posted by Corripio

don't know where you are getting your information from, but it is wrong. The developers have always said that level 100 is just a number, not something that they are aiming to be the last level cap. whilst the game remains popular the level cap will continue to rise.

It is just a number, just like 60, 70, 80, 85 and 90 (which were the level caps of the previous expansions). Nor do I believe that there would be 2 more expansions and that that would be it. A foreman of Blizzard told that as long as there is a reason to make a new expansion, there will be one. There is no sign that Blizzard has enough of it after this one, or after the following expansion, or whenever.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
I think it just depends on the subscription level, and if it stabilizes at some point thats still paying the ongoing development.

At some point WoW surely is going to become a cash cow. Means: People continue to pay, but the development is being cut at a large scale.

I thought that already happened in pandaria, as blizzard actually stopped to design expensive content (as like 5 mans) and moved to more cheap implementable content (daily quests replaced by events and 5 mans replaced by scenarios which wont need own architecture). At the end, this was only done to actually design bigger raids, and focus was just moved from small group content to large group content.

But as the upcoming new mmo just took a big step back, and as WoW now got a lot of additional people to design the game (those that already created titan content) the next expansion will likely have a lot expensive content again.
Edited by Lonk on 03/11/2013 11:33 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
As long as they can keep making new content, and good expansion packs, then I don't care if they continue the game into infinity, as long as they don't try and milk it, with poor expansion packs and so on. However I strongly doubt it, as Blizzard only release stuff with quality, and I have never experienced them, releasing something that hasn't lived up to expectations.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]