New class for Warlords of Draenor

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Since it looks like WoD is going to definitely be the next expansion and sadly not Dark Below (I would have LOVED to see an underwater Azshara themed expansion).

Assuming a new class is introduced, I hope it's not going to be a Demon Hunter.

Why? A demon hunter is extremely cool but the problem with this is that well, gameplay and mechanics wise, how are they going to be any definite from a warlock or rogue? The spells they use are all Warlock spells, the dual weilding rogue style, demonic forms, I don't see a gameplay reason to add them. Lore wise, yes, definitely, but gameplay? No, I can't see it.

More gameplay reasons is well, every new class so far has been a melee and a tank. We did get monk healers yes but it would be silly for Blizzard's next move to not include a healer - or at least a ranged caster. They definitely will not introduce a pure class however, mechanics reasons are obvious.

Yeah just my thoughts, what do you all think?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Since it looks like WoD is going to definitely be the next expansion and sadly not Dark Below (I would have LOVED to see an underwater Azshara themed expansion).
Source?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
Probably that "leaked image." BlizzCon in a few days. You just have to wait patiently.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yeah just my thoughts, what do you all think?

I think it's all supposition until Blizzard announce it next week, so all in all a pointless thread.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I don't think we will see a new class this expansion regardless of what it is. do we rly need 1 more class?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
that leaked image i could make it in photoshop in 10 minutes and then take picture with my phone with flash and have the same effects big deal everyone is buying this !@#$

well i hope next class is blademaster anyway
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Assuming a new class is introduced, I hope it's not going to be a Demon Hunter.

i hope too, last balanced class in game :P
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Monk
Yeah, Demon Hunter is a lore class, and I can't see it being a playable class either, at least not by itself. Maybe they will be tied in with Runemasters somehow, which is a lore-class we didn't hear about since forever. Maybe Blizz will pleasantly surprise us - it happened before.
We might not even get a class at all, which is also fine.

I have greater concerns about the latest expansion anyway.

We'll see.
Reply Quote
I prefer more races than more classes for now to be honest, since its hard to balance the current ones it will be more difficult if we get more right now. (Even though i wish for a Timewalker or a Dragonsworn class) :P
Edited by Archronos on 03/11/2013 19:00 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Looking alot more forward to races then a class.

Another class will bring more imbalance and the dev. team will get less time per tier set because they need to make another 2 (raid-pvp) per patch.

No thanks toward another class.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Totally agree, raise level cap and spit out a new class is like the game it self....Repeat

Level 1-90 grind then rep farm then RF farm, Nothing major or freshing just same thing grind or farm stuff
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I want a new Mount. A Banana Boat. We have too few water based Mount's. Just for the fun of it, of course.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Looking alot more forward to races then a class.

Another class will bring more imbalance and the dev. team will get less time per tier set because they need to make another 2 (raid-pvp) per patch.

That's a really good point.

03/11/2013 18:51Posted by Sttorrm
Source?

No proof, but highly likely from the trademark as well as the hints in game. Still hopeful for dark below.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Judging by the hate on Vashj'ir, I doubt they would make a similar theme for an entire expansion
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Jeez will people shut up about demon hunters already, they're only overrated as hell because stupid Illidan was one.
Reply Quote
92 Human Priest
Judging by the hate on Vashj'ir, I doubt they would make a similar theme for an entire expansion

To be fair I think some of the hate comes from Blizzard abandoning the raid. As a zone I thought it was great, all except for the annoying Naga quests but that is because of my pet hate of being taken out of my character to do quests just like those stupid ones in Jade forest where instead of simply giving you the report you have to jump through a few mini instances playing different characters. Fun the first time, sodding annoying the 3rd.

Jeez will people shut up about demon hunters already, they're only overrated as hell because stupid Illidan was one.

I hope they dont but if the new expansion is based on the burning legion it would certainly fit if they started in Outland at level 60.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If it's going to be a burning legion expansion, then IF there is a new class coming up imo it will likely be demon hunter, but how it will play is a completely another tale, and like posted above it's still highly unlikely that this will actually happen.

Good sides on demon hunters:
- They can be 1. Leather/mail int ranged dps 2. Leather/mail agi melee dps 3. Leather/mail agi ranged dps (or even tanks if they go banana's with the model, however a 6th tank class would be... dumb at the least)
- It's an easy class to implement as there are a lot of existing models for demon hunters
- They are not race restricted, all though lore wise some races would have to pass this option
- Blizzard could implement glaives as a new melee skin weapon (you have to admit they look awesome).
- They are bound to the Burning Legion and this would be the optimal time to implement them as a new class (like monk & DK)
- They could also implement Illidan as a new level 1 demon hunter story line character, which would A: be insanely popular B: Fulfill their "promise" about reintroducing illidan as a character in the game.
- They are a "media sexy" class and would likely have a positive effect on subs
- They could serve as the test class for revamping the general melee play style, just like monk tanks & active mitigation

Bad sides on demon hunters:
- The new demonology warlock has bound a lot of demon hunter's signature skills
- As an agility based melee dps, the class would resemble monk & rogue a lot
- Melee as a hole is currently filled with models that resemble each other closely and it would require a lot of thinking to create a truly original play style
- Game is flooded with raid CD's and if the demon hunter is implemented without any concrete raid CD's like the WW monk, it has absolutely no value unless it's ridiculously OP (wotlk DK style)
- Likely all 3 specializations would consist of DPS specs, which would cause a lot of balancing issues inside the class to ensure that none of the 3 specs was too powerful (mages & locks F.E)

General things about a new class:
- The game need's a new ranged agility dps that is not a hunter variation
- New class with 3 specs is much easier to balance than 4th spec for each class or revamped play style for all classes of a certain group
- Adds a lot of flavor to an expansion
- New classes are an easy way of testing new game play styles for existing classes, instead of completely revamping existing models, since the new classes will always be popular, but a revamp of an existing model could potentially cause that class/spec combo to "die out"
- It's incredibly difficult to get originality into a new class at this point of the game unless they do ^
- It's always fun to try out new classes and specs
- Aside from originality the new classes don't take as much balancing/creating work as people assume, since blizzard has a lot of existing models for numerous classes.
Edited by Romisu on 04/11/2013 20:30 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

I laugh at all these hyped up fools who instantly believe everything they read. Something appears on MMO-C and it gets trademarked, boom, new expansion.

That leaked image is one of the most pathetic fakes ever. The Dark Below got "trademarked" as well, turns out, it was all a giant hoax.
Reply Quote
Tinker class please.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Yeah even after you got the swimming buff and mount the combat was still a failboat (pardon the pun).

If we had a 'Dark Below' xpac I'd hope it would be deep under the ocean, but not underwater, like Throne of Tides. Hopefully darker than Throne too, that place was too bright for me to take the Old God stuff seriously.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]