graveyard camping in bgs

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Warrior
hey 1st time posting some thing here so sorry if this has already been discussed.

what my problem is i'm in a battlegroup were horde win almost all the time and alliance lose most of the time, and mainly in wsg but can apply to any bg horde camp us at our graveyard for the whole fight killing us over and over and we can't do any thing which is so so unfair.

so i ask what are your experiences with this and how could it be fixed, in my opinion i think the only way is to give the people at that graveyard the ability to not take damage while within few yard of the graveyard, so they can mount up and get the chance to run or regroup and buff up or if the other faction is directly were they spawn they can kill them and they can't do any thing.

so tell me what you think
85 Blood Elf Rogue
hey 1st time posting some thing here so sorry if this has already been discussed.

what my problem is i'm in a battlegroup were horde win almost all the time and alliance lose most of the time, and mainly in wsg but can apply to any bg horde camp us at our graveyard for the whole fight killing us over and over and we can't do any thing which is so so unfair.

*cough* Right *cough*

The fact is, it depends on each Battlegroup who wins, and there's no rules against GY farming. Yet... I guess that if you want to win as a Alliance in any BG, join Battlegroup 3. Horde tactics = fail, and we never wins unless we have a good tactic and good players on.. which dosn't happen often. We usualy get GY farmed in most BGs except Arathi Basin, where we just get all the bases and then lose them because of lack of defense
Edited by Nightstrife on 15/11/2010 08:23 GMT
90 Worgen Warlock
I dont see a reason why you should not be allow to GY camp in BG? Its a valid tactic to stop/slow down enemies who rez at GY so Flag Carrier has easier time runnin back to base.

If they chose to farm you for HP, well its BG afterall, this isnt pvp, if you sign for it prepar to be ganked, zerged and beaten the hell out of.

Most of the time people fail because they rez by 1-2 instead of delaying it so they rez alltogether.

TL;DR

You shouldnt get anything, organize yourself, dont expect to be protected just because you lack organization.
Edited by Kilyox on 15/11/2010 09:35 GMT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I got no idea how Blizzard can "fix" people playing badly.
85 Tauren Druid
First of all they can make it so premades dosnt face randoms, as that is what I think is the reason to why people get stomped at the graveyard. Fixing randoms vs randoms is harder, I guess maybe lifting the graveyard up a level where people cant reach the resed people could be good. But the current works good aslong as its random vs randoms or premades vs premades.
49 Dwarf Hunter
I know this can be frustrating with rated battlegrounds coming into play there could be changes here.

However this is a reasonable tactic there is nothing stopping you in return camping the opposite factions grave yard with a friend or ally.

I don't think stopping this would be fair however I do think changes could be made to make things more interesting.

The thing that frustrates me is when the opposing faction has the upper hand in stronger PVP class numbers and higher levels for example if you have 2 holy paladins a rogue and warrior camping your GY and you have mostly cloth wearers in your WSG group it's going to get frustrating very fast.

So I think whilst in a certain radius of the opposing teams graveyard damage to you will be increased while if your in a radius of your teams graveyard you get a buff of damage to you decreased by a %. I think this would be much more fun and enjoyable for everyone.

But in the mean time it's grin and bear it.

I would be a hypocrite to say I thought it was wrong and should be taken away as I've done it and enjoy doing it and it's a tactic that works but I don't like it being done to me but that's life.

Grin and put up with it for now :)
Community
We have an update on this topic for you :-)

The days of graveyard camping in Warsong Gulch may be coming to an end soon, thanks to some new plans we have in store for the battleground in patch 4.1:

We are moving the graveyards to their own terrain level, preventing camping by members of the opposing team.

However, this will also serve another purpose; players will no longer be able to respawn and run straight back into their flag room. They will either have to drop down then run up the tunnel, or go around the top of the base. This adds around 20 seconds to the journey from the graveyard to the flag room.
85 Orc Warrior

The days of graveyard camping in Warsong Gulch may be coming to an end soon, thanks to some new plans we have in store for the battleground in patch 4.1:

We are moving the graveyards to their own terrain level, preventing camping by members of the opposing team.

However, this will also serve another purpose; players will no longer be able to respawn and run straight back into their flag room. They will either have to drop down then run up the tunnel, or go around the top of the base. This adds around 20 seconds to the journey from the graveyard to the flag room.

Are you going to fix the leap of faith exploit that already ruins Twin Peaks first?

For those not in the know; priest pulls FC up to GY ledge. FC cannot be killed.
85 Tauren Hunter
This happened to me yesterday in Athari basin, the ally team camped the spawn location and therefore we were trapped !

The game ended 1600 points to ally and 170 to the horde, was totally unfair !

Blizz should have some player clip there on team filters !
Spawn camping is lame in any game, I would personally feel like a complete moron to have to use such tactics to win a bg.

Even spawn locations within an open area are good, so at least you can then get away from the attackers.
19 Undead Priest
03/03/2011 1:11 PMPosted by Takralus
However, this will also serve another purpose; players will no longer be able to respawn and run straight back into their flag room. They will either have to drop down then run up the tunnel, or go around the top of the base. This adds around 20 seconds to the journey from the graveyard to the flag room

Lets destroy wsg even more.

Taking away a thing wich is called flagroom defense and letting people go around in a no LoS area/midfield is a bad change.
Edited by Develine on 03/03/2011 13:46 GMT
85 Human Hunter
Well I agree there should be some circle around graveyards where ressed players shouldnt take any damage/cc etc., until they attack someone themselves. This way spawn camping will be prevented while if the spawned players decide to attack anyone they can be still killed.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
and ppl say blizzard don't read the forums?
85 Human Warrior
I dont like this change. Very helpful for our FC, when some hordies got slowed/killed at their GY.
And its fun also.
100 Draenei Priest
Hmm that would certainly make some defense tactics neigh impossible.
If you count in an unlucky spawn timer (~30 seconds) you could be looking at a full minute worth to get back into the flag room.

I am worried however that this will cause players to start defending their flag near the GY more then the flag room/rooftop.
Having an elevated position (Cliff version) is very powerful for casters/ranged as melee will have a very hard time trying to reaching them (If they even can to begin with!).
It would also make healing in that area very strong as healers will benefit from the same terrain advantage as the casters/ranged.

That and it brings another potential issue, namely Leap of Faith and similar mechanics (Death grip, charging up the cliff, etc).
If you are really moving the GY to a separate terrain level, how will you prevent people from using spells like this to move a player (!Flag carrier!) up there?
Just making the spell fizzle will only cause the casting priest to be engulfed in anger as they are now faced with a 90 second cool-down.
And allowing it will make offensive near impossible if the opposing team has no death knight to pull them off. (Or a priest that knows MC+Leap)

A few ideas from the top of my head would be:
Adding a "knock back" debuff to the current flag holder, causing them to be knocked off the GY should they ever get on it.
That one however would not eliminate the ranged/caster terrain advantage.

Or a general "knock back" buff on the GY that would knock off the flag carrier as well as anyone that attacks/heals (Not buffs) ontop of the GY platform could also be a possible solution.
Downside would be that this does not entirely remove GY camping, it just means the attackers have to wait for them to come down/start attacking.

Quite frankly I would not know how to really fix that, I do know it will happen if Leap of Faith is allowed to be used there.
And for people saying "that wont happen"...
Ally has a 1 / 0 advantage, both have flag... ally play turtle mode extreme near the GY.
The reverse also happens :/

Could do with some more information as to exactly how this new GY zone will be implemented.
Edited by Ashalia on 03/03/2011 13:42 GMT
90 Human Paladin
Gosh, a person with 0 resillience getting farmed. I wonder why so really.

Are you only listening to these kind of people nowadays blizzard? Becouse i feel like the better core of people out there is getting neglected based on the whining of low-rated / casual players.
86 Night Elf Mage
WHAAT? They'll change WSG, SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!
Thank You Takralus, thank you for moving the graveyards!
Can't wait to 4.1...

Takralus
Community

Btw why can't we 'like' the blue's posts? :(
85 Troll Death Knight
Great change
100 Draenei Priest
Gosh, a person with 0 resillience getting farmed. I wonder why so really.

Are you only listening to these kind of people nowadays blizzard? Becouse i feel like the better core of people out there is getting neglected based on the whining of low-rated / casual players.

Ow here we go again, "Your rating/resi/ilevel/dog/cat/life is bad! You deserve it!".
How is that in any way constructive?
Not the entire player base has the same experience in certain aspects of the game, this does not however mean that there views should be entire neglected on a simple notion as a particular stat.

How would you have reacted if this player had full vicious and 2500+ rating in 3's and 5's?
(As unlikely as that situation might be)
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]