Green fire Quest 5.4?

90 Undead Warlock
Is it even possible nowadays with all the nerf?
I wasted 2k Gold already on repairs, It just seems undoable in this patch.
Got Ilevel 508 so that should be enough when you see guides around the internet with locks below 500 ilevel doing it.. Opinions lads! -Towards blizzard: Stop the frekin nerfs and downgrade those warriors-
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Its not that hard it mainly brain and gear depended you can outgear really easy or do it with 384 ilvl because you are just a really good player

you should be able to kill it pretty easy just gem,enchant and reforg your gear and keep trying
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
i did it in 5,4 with 501 ilvl with pvp gear. This guide helped me a lot, i suggest you watch that :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hhrw0AERl8
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
What do Warriors have to do with Kanrethad?

Yes, the quest is very doable. If you do the fight properly you should take close to no damage. The only things that can really hurt you in the fight are the Agony DoT, Chaos Bolt, Pit Lord being dispelled and Cataclysm. All of these are avoidable damage.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Actually I'm a bit disappointed with Kanrethad..it was easier than I thought.I can't imagine how you can wipe so much..2k repair bills..

Firstly you must analyze every phase;

Phase 1 Pit Lord > Enslave it immediately

Phase 2 60 Imps > Go to back of Kanrethad when he's summonning imps and aoe imps,target Kanrethad,you will get tons of ember here due to rain of fire and you can stun and nuke Kanrethad,you can do max damage to Kanrethad in imp phases.He takes more damage when stunned by pitlord.

Phase 3 Fel Hunters > When Kanrethad summon Felhunters you must move your pit lord to the left side of the summoning gate,if felhunters face your pitlord they devour your enslave demon spell.Cast rain of fire to the entrance where they are spawning so they directly attack you.He summons 3 felhunters with 500k hp,you can easily kill them.

Phase 4 Doom Lord > Nothing to worry here,just let your pit lord aggro him then attack kanrethad with your pit lord again.

After those phases Kanrethad summon imps,felhunters and doomlord again,I killed him when he summon second 60 imps.

There are also important spells those you must avoid them;

- Chaos Bolt > Use your teleport for avoiding it,if can't just run and los it.
-Cataclysm > You must stun it with your pit lord otherwise you die.He fakes it sometimes.

You must also dispell yourself whenever it's possible with Singe Magic.
Feel free to heal yourself with pit lord.

You don't need gateway,purification potion or even cast soulshatter..If you avoid chaos bolt,cataclsym and don't forget to dispell yourself you just can't die.Killed it only 3 tries but I was fully prepared.This guy explains it well;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRZpiNBIQA
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The post above is really great I suggest you take a good read on it, may I ask if there is any excact phase it goes wrong for you?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I just completed the quest 10 minutes ago.

so yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Actually I'm a bit disappointed with Kanrethad..it was easier than I thought.I can't imagine how you can wipe so much..2k repair bills..

Firstly you must analyze every phase;

Phase 1 Pit Lord > Enslave it immediately

Phase 2 60 Imps > Go to back of Kanrethad when he's summonning imps and aoe imps,target Kanrethad,you will get tons of ember here due to rain of fire and you can stun and nuke Kanrethad,you can do max damage to Kanrethad in imp phases.He takes more damage when stunned by pitlord.

Phase 3 Fel Hunters > When Kanrethad summon Felhunters you must move your pit lord to the left side of the summoning gate,if felhunters face your pitlord they devour your enslave demon spell.Cast rain of fire to the entrance where they are spawning so they directly attack you.He summons 3 felhunters with 500k hp,you can easily kill them.

Phase 4 Doom Lord > Nothing to worry here,just let your pit lord aggro him then attack kanrethad with your pit lord again.

After those phases Kanrethad summon imps,felhunters and doomlord again,I killed him when he summon second 60 imps.

There are also important spells those you must avoid them;

- Chaos Bolt > Use your teleport for avoiding it,if can't just run and los it.
-Cataclysm > You must stun it with your pit lord otherwise you die.He fakes it sometimes.

You must also dispell yourself whenever it's possible with Singe Magic.
Feel free to heal yourself with pit lord.

You don't need gateway,purification potion or even cast soulshatter..If you avoid chaos bolt,cataclsym and don't forget to dispell yourself you just can't die.Killed it only 3 tries but I was fully prepared.This guy explains it well;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRZpiNBIQA

The only "problem" with this event is that people aren't good enough playing their class. That's all, really. It forces you to do stuff outside of the normal "target & zerg, repeat" - rotation. You have to actually know what tools are available to your class to manage it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Or wait till your ilvl gone up i did it yestaday with ilvl 552
fight took less then 2 min he was dead at the first wave of imps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D6gIGm9JoU
Edited by Yamila on 08/11/2013 07:28 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Or wait till your ilvl gone up i did it yestaday with ilvl 552
fight took less then 2 min he was dead at the first wave of imps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D6gIGm9JoU

Lol, kind of makes me want to do it again with my current ilvl (567) and see what it is like compared to when I did it the first time (480ish pvp/pve gear)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
man, this is sick :D
btw what make you crit 2m+ CB?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Pitlord is a terrible tank nowdays, he doesn't actually hold agro regardless of using Soulshatter and Portal pretty much off CD.

I ended up just tanking the boss, the imps were np and gave free embers for hp regen, enslave the pitlord ofc, banish the first lord thing and use the second for embers.

Felhunters were a bit of a pain at first, then I realized I could 1 shot them with chaos bolt, if you put RoF down and stand the opposite direction from your pit lord they may not even remove your enslave demon - 2 out of 3 attempts they didn't remove it, the time they did I just popped SacPac and Havoc + Chaos Bolted 2 of them into oblivion and the 3rd was np.

It only got hard when I realized my tele port despawned, and the boss being on my !@# 24/7 (cos ya'know, the pit lord isn't a very good tank...) made it hard to LoS his Chaos Bolt, so I put down a new gateway and it was all good.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
btw what make you crit 2m+ CB?

Dark Soul: Instability + Synapse Springs (engineering) + stun.
I used the Archimonde's Darkness talent for 2 charges.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I did it 30min ago, It is totally doable. I had 503 PvP gear, wiped about 10 times, but it was my favorite encounter in the whole game! Kanrethad is a NOT a gear check, it is a skill check.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The felhunter phase is imo the easiest part in the whole encounter...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
did in 5.4 in full pvp gear, took about 5-6 tries
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Just did it now, been trying on and off for a few months. With the demonic gateway portal change in 5.4, I figured I wouldn't concentrate on losing aggro as much.

I used my portal entirely for LoSing out the Chaos Bolt, and just made sure to get my Pit Lord attracking the Doom Lord when he pops out. Everything else I pretty much soaked up.

Strangely enough, it was the Imps that kept killing me. All I can suggest is to not keep them around just to farm embers, DPSing them down as you usually would should be enough ember-wise. And CBing him when stunned, that helped immensely (Seeing 1 million chaos bolt procs was nice).
Edited by Moppentoff on 09/11/2013 15:14 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]