soooo the future of garrison ?

90 Human Monk
will this thing or similar things appear in future expansions ? or Blizz will throw it out of window after the expansion like with the gardening/Brawlers the only thing we will be able to do Again is Raid grind 24/7 ?

or is this a sign of something bigger planed for the future ?
maybe they will implement somekinde of housing that is good in all expansion and we would have our own instanced/phased Island ?

I like where blizz is heading with these extra things.

the game seriously needs stuff that aren't just Raids and raids and raids then AFK for the next reset.
Reply Quote
48 Tauren Warrior
From different perspectives this is how this sort of thing appears.

PvE players. Ah... well... hmmm. Player Housing I guess?
PvP players. What. The. F*?
Everybody Else. Well, they had to sort of make sure that the expansion was bought and they had something a whole paragraph wide to say at Blizzcon.
Blizzard. We know our audience. You know, the 1 million that I mentioned last year. Wait. What? We've got more than that?- F*!
Reply Quote
39 Undead Rogue
I am personally really looking forward to the Garrison. It is a new twist on standard player housing, really expanding on the idea of the little garden we had this expansion which turned out to be very popular.

There are decisions to be made whilst expanding your garrison which will benefit you in different ways. I really hope they add lots of little items to personalise it so you can really make it feel like your own.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I am personally really looking forward to the Garrison. It is a new twist on standard player housing, really expanding on the idea of the little garden we had this expansion which turned out to be very popular.

There are decisions to be made whilst expanding your garrison which will benefit you in different ways. I really hope they add lots of little items to personalise it so you can really make it feel like your own.

Not a totally new twist. There were guild settlements with a "garrison style" character in Anarchy Online already..

The new part - at least for me - is being able to use NPCs to send out into Dungeons etc to grab stuff.. gives it some stategy game aspect.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I am looking forward to the garrison. Sounded so cool when they were explaining it at blizzcon.

I understand it consists of a few different housing each with three progression levels to it. The inn is where you can do recruits, the hospital is for keeping your people healthy.

But the coolest part is that you can give all your recruited people names. So I could add a recruit and call him Joe Smith or Sara Jones or stuff like it. :D

When I was watching the footage of the landscape of Draenor I already spotted where I want to put my garrison. :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Shame that this housing will be only in WoD, this looks like exp feature(like MoP farm--useless in next expansions)....wanna se this like universal minigame, treated similiar to pet battles, hope for evolving this in minirts where we use our followers in minigame map figthing the orcs clans or something, peasant we have ofc in garrison :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Garrison is the one thing I am really looking forward to in this expansion. It sounds awesome and I am hoping they continue to develop it going forward.

Hope I can fly the Alliance flag over it.
Reply Quote
The future of the garrison needs race specific buildings. Why would my draenei and nelf build those human towers in their "personalised" area.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Well, they said you can move your garrison. So perhaps it'll become a permanent feature in future expansions as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I am really looking forward to it. Is the only redemping thing about the mess that is the story
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, they said you can move your garrison. So perhaps it'll become a permanent feature in future expansions as well.

I'm interested in details of this "moving garrison" cause this can be moving between placec you choose first location in Dreanor or it will be moving in any plae in knowing world and even in future-future expansions, will see.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I dont see the point of having player garrison and not anything for the guild. Its more logic to have a base for a guild then have a base were u are all alone, dafuq

It feels like theyve done another diablo 3 theorcrafting and then launched the worse thing they could come up with.
Edited by Tomoshibi on 09/11/2013 14:41 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I really like the idea of having our own garrison but it's kind of got me wondering about what happens with it with ragards to our alts. Will we be required to do it on all our alts that we might want it on too or will it be like a server wide thing cause even though I think it looks like a fun thing to do I doubt it will be that fun to repeat many times on different alts. I think it would be cool if we could do it on our mains and the alts can either just carry of with it or help out with it too instead of starting over from scratch on each different character.
Edited by Loonaría on 09/11/2013 14:43 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
It would be awesome if I could have my garrison, let's say in the Burning Steppes, or wherever I wanted to, and having an item (different than the hearthstone) that brings me directly to my Garrison.

As to the future of garrisons.. it is difficult to say after only one day. I just hope it is a mechanics that is useful beyond the new expansion. The easiest thing would be to simply level it up automatically as your char levels up, and to manage it remotely from a menu. Or at least being able to establish a waypoint to travel easily between your current location and the garrison. I'm pretty sure that bliz will implement some way of doing that last thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Another thing to point out that is pretty big. Is that they said Garrison will be out in the world with no loading screens. There is no way this is "real" thought, well its real in practice but not on paper. And if we all know them right, they will have the "phasing" technology by doing this. And this is in no way "the same world" as everbody else.

It will just work as your farm. Your in it, your "phase world". You invite a friend, he joins your world. And I belive this is not the way to do it. There is alot better ways to do it. There is absolutly no good atmosphere with "phasing". And I dont understand why they keep using it.

Having an "instance" typed world to connect 10-15 bases or whatever you want would work so much better. Imagine you WALKING/FLYING to your friends´ base. Man, remove this phase technology....
Edited by Tomoshibi on 09/11/2013 15:19 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Would be kinda cool if you had a 'shared' garrison for all your alts. E.G when you're offline, your alts are sitting around and walking around the garrison. Then you can trade stuff with them, inspect their gear ect. Also could share professions and that..

It's got a lot of potential. Thanks blizz :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
For me, the best part of Garrison is being able to have furniture and decorate it.

Would be kinda cool if you had a 'shared' garrison for all your alts. E.G when you're offline, your alts are sitting around and walking around the garrison. Then you can trade stuff with them, inspect their gear ect. Also could share professions and that..

It's got a lot of potential. Thanks blizz :D

This, as well.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warrior
Not sure I like the follower NPC idea that you can send on missions. It was an aspect of Star Wars I didn't enjoy (guess I want to be the center of my game experience).

Time will show whether I will invest in this time sink (it's not like there isn't enough to do :-))
Reply Quote
As long as I can build a Bawdy House and staff it with lovelies, then I'll be happy ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]